Kansas Wrestling

Who would win? Super Duel b/t Districts

Posted By: Taylorman

Who would win? Super Duel b/t Districts - 04/04/08 08:52 AM

If each district could get a duel team of the best wrestlers from each age group 8u, 10u, 12u, 14u & 16u. Who would win?

Are there any suggestions on who should be on the teams?

Or who would win each age group?

What would be some feature matches?

Is this a possiblity for the future?

Coach Gaylen.
Posted By: O-Town

Re: Who would win? Super Duel b/t Districts - 04/04/08 03:16 PM

i think that they should think about doing this like the week after state or something maybe. i think it would be interesting to see
Posted By: O-Town

Re: Who would win? Super Duel b/t Districts - 04/04/08 03:16 PM

i think that they should think about doing this like the week after state or something maybe. i think it would be interesting to see
Posted By: C C

Re: Who would win? Super Duel b/t Districts - 04/04/08 03:19 PM

Bad idea. State is already a grand state. You can't ask for more than that?

Re: Who would win? Super Duel b/t Districts - 04/04/08 03:42 PM

Adding another tournament will not happen.

Hypothetically, it stands to reason that if it did happen, District II would win the 8 and under division having captured ten firsts out of the eighteen brackets. II also had six second place finishes at 8 and under.

District III captured four 1st places and two 2nd places.

District IV three 1st places and five 2nd places.

District I one 1st place and five 2nd places.
Posted By: Taylorman

Re: Who would win? Super Duel b/t Districts - 04/04/08 03:42 PM

If it is a bad idea. How about doing it in Freestyle & Greco? This could be the kick off for the season. This would create interest, and get more people out who normally would not participate.....Plus, it would get the wrestlers use to wrestling in a team format.......Just a suggestion.
Posted By: doug747

Re: Who would win? Super Duel b/t Districts - 04/04/08 03:47 PM

It is not an easy task (ask Will Cokely) to even field 3 teams from ALL ACROSS the state, for the middle school duals. Getting the "best" kids from each of the FOUR districts, in each age group, at each weight would not happen.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums