Kansas Wrestling

just checkin in

Posted By: nix

just checkin in - 04/09/08 01:52 AM

just had to stop bye and make sure all you are behaven, good job to all that went to state.
Posted By: usawks1

Re: just checkin in - 04/10/08 02:45 AM

It is pretty slow Nix!

Re: just checkin in - 04/10/08 03:07 AM

well randy thats good for you it will give your eyes a break for a little bit.lol

looked forward to one of you classes. and to meeting you.
Posted By: windjammer

Re: just checkin in - 04/10/08 03:38 PM

I'm thinking about taking up wood carving, or maybe building those sailboats in a bottle.

Re: just checkin in - 04/10/08 10:43 PM

i have hit rock bottom with bordom, i started a myspace page. i can not wait till next wrestling season. can not believe i stooped as low as starting a myspace page. i must really be bored.
Posted By: bockman

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 12:15 AM

just wait until the hail storms start. I am an insurance adjuster so I am not looking forward to them but for your sake I hope you get some out your way
Posted By: 4boysraslin

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 02:13 AM

maybe ya'll should try baseball
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 03:27 AM

Baseball and soccer. Between the two, my wife will stay plenty busy. As for me, well, I just have to bide my time.
Posted By: C C

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 11:47 AM

I read that another guy said that soccer was a communist ploy to destroy American football, and I believe it.

Get real. Soccer? What about fishing, turkey hunting, baseball (of course), honey-doos, and golfing.

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By: C C
I read that another guy said that soccer was a communist ploy to destroy American football, and I believe it.

Get real. Soccer? What about fishing, turkey hunting, baseball (of course), honey-doos, and golfing.

Thats what I'm talkin about, LOOK OUT TURKEY AND FISH HERE I COME!!!

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 01:09 PM

How about wrestling turkeys? I bet it would be hard to pin one.
Posted By: Coach Bill

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 01:14 PM

Bet it would tenderise em pretty good!

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 01:29 PM

I bet I would run out of blood time.

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 01:46 PM

C C,

Funny you say that soccer is "a communist ploy to destroy American football". One of the officers that I am serving with believes that soccer is the root of global terrorism. Of course, he also believes the Royals are going to win 100 games this year as well as the World Series.

Wrestling just wasn't for my oldest boy as he only won four matches in the three years he wrestled. He has started to excel in soccer the last two years and just might have found a sport that he can compete in at the high school level in a couple of years, and who knows, maybe a college soccer scholarship in the future.

I love to fish and have played a game of golf or two along the way. To the best of my knowledge, neither one can match the "cardio" exercise a kid can get out of running up and down a soccer field (exception being the goalie).

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 02:08 PM

I am perfecting my blast double leg on Turkeys and my crossface cradle on a Large Mouth Bass!
Posted By: Beeson

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 02:15 PM

I would think a low level single leg would work on a Turkey. All the muscle is in the upper leg, hit them low.

You know what they say about wrestling fish...be careful you'll have one on his back and BAM! he flips you and gets the pin.

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 02:16 PM

I did, in fact, wrestle a turkey once. He was already banged up, but I was gassed before the match even started. I got my quickest pin ever in that match, but if he hadn't been banged up it might have been a different story. So, yeah.

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 02:18 PM

A double turkey wing is a good move to use.

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 02:28 PM

Or my new move the wish bone
Posted By: wishingiwerether

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 02:58 PM

There is wrestling & there is waiting for wrestling. lol
Posted By: lateral drop

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 04:18 PM

beeson be careful on those low singles,turkeys have pretty sharp spurs....
Posted By: luellen

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By: usawks1
I am perfecting my blast double leg on Turkeys and my crossface cradle on a Large Mouth Bass!
Dont fish hook its illegal.
Posted By: Beeson

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: lateral drop
beeson be careful on those low singles,turkeys have pretty sharp spurs....

I usually only wear my spurs for momma, but if that's how turkey's play, I'll put 'em on.
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 06:06 PM

And for some in the know the reminder that Winter wrestling is the warm up season for real wrestling, that is known by some as Summer Wrestling or Freestyle / Greco. Even some of the youngsters could give this one a shot. It is where kids grow up, and parents learn to control themselves.

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Furches
And for some in the know the reminder that Winter wrestling is the warm up season for real wrestling, that is known by some as Summer Wrestling or Freestyle / Greco. Even some of the youngsters could give this one a shot. It is where kids grow up, and parents learn to control themselves.

Control themselves, heck I'm gonna go control a 60# flathead tonight.

I HOPE
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: just checkin in - 04/11/08 10:33 PM

I can take you to some holes at Oologah Lake and we could do some noodeling. (sp?)

Re: just checkin in - 04/12/08 12:16 PM

To steal some lines from Larry Perez and also from Ray Brinzer

... it takes a wrestler to spot a fish ... an angry fish will bite you!

Re: just checkin in - 04/12/08 03:10 PM

NEVER MIND GUY'S I GUESS NO NEED TO CHECK IN, I SEE HOW YOU GUY'S AND GAL'S ARE DOING. ALL THIS TALK ABOUT TURKEY AND FISH IS MAKIN ME HUNGRY.
Posted By: StudentOfTheGame

Re: just checkin in - 04/12/08 04:36 PM

wow wrestling TURKEYS haha thats great stuff

Re: just checkin in - 04/12/08 10:08 PM

I have never seen a turkey wrestle, but I have seen a few butter balls rolling around on the mat from time to time.

Re: just checkin in - 04/13/08 12:25 AM

HEY ... I resemble that!!!
Posted By: StudentOfTheGame

Re: just checkin in - 04/13/08 05:04 PM

haha thats great stuff

Re: just checkin in - 04/14/08 02:21 PM

Did you get the 60? I attempted to wrestle a turkey yesterday, but he defaulted on the match. He's going to be over at my house for supper tonight, so I'll ask him then what the problem was. Maybe I'll get an answer.

Re: just checkin in - 04/14/08 06:23 PM

"NOPE" I sure didn't wish I would have, but I think I'll take the kids with me this weekend they usually bring me luck!!
Glad to hear ya won the match, also that you didnt get spurred in the eye!! Sounds like some good turkey dinner comin up.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums