Kansas Wrestling

Studs at 12&U 64lb

Posted By: Mike Dipman

Studs at 12&U 64lb - 02/22/09 07:22 PM

Just wondering who the studs at 64 12&u ?
Posted By: Teresa

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 02/22/09 11:32 PM

Andrew Egan, Blake Cusick, Jacob Bonham, Dalton Goans, Bryce Bacon, Logan Duncan, Michael Marsh. These are just a few that I can remember. There is not that many of them participating in this weight division. A few of these may be at 68lbs as we normally have to wrestle in a combined bracket.

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/11/09 11:44 AM

This bracket is loaded 10 out of the 13 kids in the state at 12U 64 are ranked A's. There will be some awesome wrestling. Good luck to all.

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/11/09 02:17 PM

Who is this Howard Smith i cant find any tourneys hes wrestled in in kansas all i can find is a Howard Smith from team monday in texas at that weight with that name that won usjoc and the dollamur cotton bowl
Posted By: John Moses

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/11/09 03:28 PM

Madison Roney won the USJOC at this age and weight! Two tough kids at this weight that should not go unnoticed are Bradin Dipman of Derby and Bryce Garcia of Brawlers!

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/11/09 03:36 PM

we have never seen Howard Smith either he is entered in as a C wrestler with East Kansas. Khamin Crow, Tucker Schriner and Skylar Johnson are all tough kids also. This whole weight class will be a good one to watch.

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/11/09 05:00 PM

Well that makes me feel better that hes a c wrestler. But when i googled his name it the only thing i could find is a article from 2008 said he won joc didnt know what weight must not be the same kid.

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/11/09 05:02 PM

Seen Dipman placed at liberty
Posted By: bodhi

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/13/09 10:57 PM

Howard is the kid to beat. as the others go i would rank them like this.
1-dipman (6TH at liberty)
2-garcia,duncan, or cusick
3-crow,schriner, or egan
4-johnson, or goans

That would be the top ten in my eyes, Dipman and Duncan have met twice in the finals. very close at Salina. i thank duncan was winning at first. any one of these kids could win at any time. they all better get thier game face on.

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/14/09 01:32 AM

Bonham beat Goans this year but could go either way pretty evenly matched. All of these boys are great kids and we wish the best to each of them. Good luck
Posted By: crowdad

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/14/09 11:09 PM

word is Smith dose not live in kansas his grandma dose. just what i heard. can someone clear this up. I think you have to live in Kansas. grade card would be nice.
Posted By: Akin Wrestling

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/15/09 01:24 AM

Howard Smith from East Kansas is the same kid who won JOC and came from Kenny Monday's club. He moved to Kansas a few weeks ago. He has a legit Kansas address. And purchased a USAW card in Kansas (even though he all ready had one in Texas).

Just wanted to make sure no speculations and rumors get started. See you at state.

Thanks

Eric

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/15/09 01:43 AM

According to the Kansas Kids Wrestling Rules attached below it would appear he should have proof of enrollment in a Kansas school which would provide verification of his Kansas residency:

For the purpose of eligibility of entering a Sub-District or District tournament, a competitive member must be a resident of Kansas and/or be enrolled in a Kansas educational school system. Special cases to this rule are subject to notification and permission from the Executive Council. The State Tournament Director will be notified of any person permitted to wrestle under this provision.

I would expect that due to the suspicions it shouldn't be a problem providing this information.

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/15/09 03:28 AM

If he won JOC why is he entered in as a C wrestler?
Posted By: HEADUP

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/15/09 05:45 AM

sanbagger!!
Posted By: CJA

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/15/09 06:27 AM

How would he know what a C wrestler is compared to what Texas wrestler is.Sounds like somebody is just trying to get a free ride to placing.Average in Kansas might be below average in Texas or vice versa just wrestle and stop trying to get the easy way to State.Wrestle and prove it on thr Mat.

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/15/09 12:54 PM

Come on, they aren't inexperienced wrestlers we all no what a "C" wrestler is especially knowing that he is a national champion which would be the same in any state. We are ready to prove it on the mat but first I would expect that he prove his residency with a copy of his Kansas school enrollment. It's not about a free ride, it's about being honest and not taking something away from a Kansas wrestler.
Posted By: HEADUP

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/15/09 01:12 PM

it's common sense, but parents mess up the ratings every year. earlier this year a parent/coach came up to me and was complaining that his son was seeded below one of our wrestlers. he said you know that he hasn't beat my son in over two years, i replied " i know, and i know that both have been state champions in the past, your boy was entered as a "C" wrestler. if you don't rate him right, don't expect someone else to seed him right" coaches who know better should make the changes at the seeding meetings, past that it's all about wrestling.
Posted By: mmeditz

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/15/09 01:33 PM

I think this kid was the only 1 in his bracket for subs. His rating doesn't even matter from here on out he is the 1 seed from the south.

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/15/09 01:46 PM

The ranking is not the important issue here, it is whether or not he is a legitimate Kansas resident. Out of fairness to the other wrestlers, I would hope that we can get to the bottom of this.
Posted By: CJA

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/15/09 03:11 PM

I was told the club filled out the wrestler rating East Kansas and this kid actually wrestled for Tbirds in 06 if you look through search results on left hand side but I'm gonna stay out of it now sounds like Akin is the only one with the answers.Good Luck to all
Posted By: bodhi

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/15/09 03:18 PM

they are 12 does it really matter?
I don't recall seeing any collage scouts there last year. just show up and wrestle. are you teaching wrestlers to run from competition. who wont's to win a state title by hiding from the the good kids you have to beat the best to be the best. if you just wont a state title move in to a weight bracket wear there is only one or two kids. who is the title for the parent or the kid. if he is in Kansas let him wrestle.
"What one man can do another man can do"

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/15/09 04:03 PM

FYI. The real rankings and ones that matter come out the day after state.

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/15/09 08:43 PM

All I am asking is dose the boy live and go to school in Kansas.
If so show us the papers and then lets wrestle.I would hate for a Kansas kid that has worked his butt off all year lose his state placement to someone that is not not playing by the rules. We are not running from competition.If your from Kansas then bring it.this is a STATE tournament right?
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/15/09 09:03 PM

For the purpose of seeding in District 1 south C indicates a state placer from the prior year. D a state champ, A a high school wrestler, and B a high school or kids state qualifier. The Smiths moved to Olathe a few weeks ago and joined the East Kansas Wrestling Club. They completed forms for our club, paid their club dues, purchased USA cards, and subsequently entered sub districts. They provided me with a Kansas address and said they were enrolling in school. That is all I can tell you.

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/16/09 12:18 AM

sound good to me lets wrestle.glad to convert a longhorn to a WILDCAT
Posted By: John Johnson

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/16/09 12:58 AM

The real question is why was anyone asking. To do so hits the integrety of the club involved. Have evidence or do not ask. I saw a post like this 2 years ago on a kid who moved from out west. This is wrestling, just beat the kid on the mat and move on or go home.

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/16/09 10:07 PM

We have asked the family to provide proof of enrollment. It is spring break so it might be difficult to get this proof before next Monday but we have encouraged the family to do their best to get it this week. Eric and I DO NOT wish to have our club under scrutiny. I have NEVER asked a wrestler to prove that they were enrolled in a Kansas school before so it was not a common practice. I ALWAYS assume that parents are doing the right thing unless they have proven to me that would do otherwise.
Posted By: shawk95

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/17/09 12:51 AM

So that I am clear. You need to provide proof of enrollment because someone thinks a 12 year old and his parents are traveling from Texas to Kansas (every week for this next 3 weeks) so he can win the highly sought after Kansas 12u 64lbs state crown???

WOW!!!

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/17/09 01:01 AM

The kid was a member of the Topeka Thunderbirds in 06. Do the search on this site.

1) Kansas roots
2) Previously wrestled for a club in Kansas
3) He is 12 and his folks moved back here during a break in school.
4) He obviously loves to wrestle and from everyones reaction he must be scary good at it.

Give it a rest already!

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/18/09 03:13 AM

I'm positive he is a legal competiror. Cokeley just gave him a free mo-ped off his car-lot 2 weeks ago to wrestle for us. Ha ha!

See you all this weekend. We will tape the school enrollment papers under the bracket if you want.

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/18/09 03:18 AM

Oh by the way, he also has a sister that is at 14 under 80lbs. Kind of funny how nobody has complained about her qualification yet. . . because she is a GIRL. Watch out BOYS!
Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/18/09 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Cokeley
We have asked the family to provide proof of enrollment.

Originally Posted By: Akin Wrestling
We will tape the school enrollment papers under the bracket if you want.
In order to answer questions received and put an end to all speculation and rumor circulating around a youth wrestler, it was my suggestion to ask for the proof of enrollment at a Kansas school.
Posted By: Ben Dover

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/18/09 10:11 AM

Originally Posted By: shawk95
So that I am clear. You need to provide proof of enrollment because someone thinks a 12 year old and his parents are traveling from Texas to Kansas (every week for this next 3 weeks) so he can win the highly sought after Kansas 12u 64lbs state crown???

WOW!!!

Not only that, but he is also coming up to Shawnee Kansas two nights a week to practice!! Must be because of Shawnees’ close proximity to KCI airport. Two round trip tickets per week must be pretty expensive just for practice!!!
Posted By: sportsfan02

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/18/09 11:28 AM

Just a shot in the dark here, but is there any chance this kid will be enrolled at St. James next year?

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/18/09 04:39 PM

Since he is only in the 12U age group I am going to take a wild guess and say not a chance. Further, it is a long way from 64 to 103! If he makes good grades and wants a superior HS education St. James would definitely take him.

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/19/09 12:11 AM

Don't forget about his sister...lol. You guys are so focused on the boy. She's gonna woop up. Just watch and see. I don't want to miss either one of their matches.
Posted By: PACKY

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/19/09 09:31 PM

Whats her first name?

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/20/09 12:33 AM

Vanessa Smith 14u 80

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/20/09 02:13 AM

She actually has the flu and won't compete this weekend. Even though there are only 3 kids in that weight and she would qualify for next week anyhow,they don't want to get any other kids sick before state. She will be back next year.

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/20/09 02:21 AM

thats too bad, i was looking forward to seeing her at state.

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/20/09 03:55 AM

She could weigh in on Friday night and injury default to fourth to qualify for state... That is what I would do.

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 03/21/09 01:30 AM

see you at state.
Posted By: mattdaddy

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 04/10/09 02:25 PM

yup!!

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 04/10/09 02:26 PM

boy! if you dont know them you shut your mouth!!!

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 04/11/09 12:12 AM

Who you talking to mattdaddy?

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 04/13/09 12:49 PM

wassup maddog???

Re: Studs at 12&U 64lb - 04/13/09 12:49 PM

see ya wed
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums