Kansas Wrestling

purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita,

Posted By: Tony Purler

purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/22/09 04:03 PM

Just a quick update regarding the christmas clinics. These are leg attack clinics, with a focus on core shots and core finishes. Footwork, speed, positioning, troubleshooting/recovering from bad positions, are all KEY elements to becoming skilled at leg attacks, thus this will be a key focus. So if your son is getting extended on his shots, and 'driving' is his main finish, these should be very beneficial. Any questions, feel free to contact me at tony@purlerwrestling.com, 816-304-0313. Flyer is on www.tonypurler.com. thanks
December 23 – Wednesday Pittsburg HS, Pittsburg, KS
December 28 – Monday @ Lees Summit North HS, Lees Summit, MO
December 29- Tuesday in Topeka, KS (Washurn Rural MS 5620 SW 61st St Topeka, KS 66619)
December 30- Wednesday @ St. James Academy, Lexexa, Ks.
December 31- Thurday at Tony’s Home Gym, Holt, MO. (MUST PRE-REGISTER FOR THIS!)
January 3- Sunday @ Maize HS, Maize KS (WICHITA, KS)
January 10- Sunday @ Garden City HS, Garden City, Ks.
Posted By: shawnbudke

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/22/09 05:13 PM

This is a great opportunity. Tony is one of the best teachers of this sport that I have ever been around. He is great with the kids and they come out of these camps really knowing what they have been taught. Thanks for providing these opportunity for our kids!

Shawn Budke
Posted By: GNR

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/22/09 05:24 PM

Excellent Training From an Elite,(I say "ELITE") Coach. Very Patient,Repeditive, and Explains very well. Well worth it!
Posted By: Matthew Treaster

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/22/09 06:04 PM

Best clinic there is. He does a great job of keeping it simple.

Matt Treaster
Posted By: cmmiller64

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/22/09 08:29 PM

I highly reccomend going to one of these clinics. You will not regret it. in addition to learning a lot from an elite teacher in a one day session, you will also be able to preview what Tony can do for your wrestler year round at his academy. Tony started working with my son last April and the results have been phenomenal. Tonys coaching has given my son a confidence level that has made him more competetive than ever and he is beating or competing with kids he would not have last year.

Thanks Tony!

Chad Miller
Posted By: luellen

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/22/09 09:03 PM

Tony shows how to score in situations that happen in every match. Not 50 different moves that dont work on good wrestlers.
Posted By: piv2

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/22/09 10:13 PM

My boys are very excited to attend the "Leg Attack" clinic. My oldest son has been to several Purler clinics and he says coach Purler teaches cool moves that work and they are easy to learn.

I highly recomend these clinics to everyone.

See you at Maize
Clint Pivarnik
Posted By: Coach Prieto

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/22/09 10:49 PM

Tony does a great job of breaking down each move and situation. I've been taking my son to the Purlers and his level is getting better. I am so sold on Tony that I was finally able to convince him to come to Western Kansas to put on a clinic. Finally not only has he helped my son but my whole coaching philosophy has changed, for the better.
Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/23/09 08:57 PM

This is money well spent folks. We are very fortunate to have a coach of Tony's calibur within driving distance. Kids come from all over the United States to have the opportunity to train with Tony & Nick every year. To have him at our doorstep is awesome.
Posted By: hotrodder54

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/28/09 11:57 PM

Still got plenty of chances to take advantage of some top quality instruction. Walk-ins welcome hard core drilling. As coaches trying to build a quality program we don't have time to spend what, six hours on just finishing shots from bad postions and finishes. Its a chance you shouldn't over look.
Posted By: T Yeagley

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/29/09 09:33 PM

Great Clinic, with a great turnout. Thanks Tony for coming to Topeka you need to do this more often.
Posted By: Allie

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/29/09 10:49 PM

I agree... great clinic. Amazing how a room full of 50+ boys & 1 girl (mostly 8-10 year olds) can pay attention and do what they are asked. My kids is sacked out on the couch - takes a lot to wear him out!!
Posted By: CJA

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/30/09 02:22 AM

Who all here thinks Tony should move his Eudora sessions to Topeka.Hell YES
Posted By: J. Dale

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/30/09 04:33 AM

Tony,
Don't even think about Topeka. They can go to another KC area workout. come to district 2. And yes i'm talking about you Cavanaugh.

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/30/09 01:59 PM

Jerry, you need to let it go. Drive time is good for you. Look at it as therapy.

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/30/09 03:13 PM

THERAPY? I don't need no stupid therapy.
Posted By: in it to win it

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/30/09 03:17 PM

Love the Maize session brings in Kids from all over the western part of the state! Always good tough kids in the room really anywhere you go--even Diamond.

Attended the Pittsburg session and there were roughly 60 kids in the room.

Tony is a great bonus to develop your child's wrestling skills and hone the basic foundation. His clinics are not for the kid that doesn't want to be there but for the wrestlers that want to develop themselves and he makes it happen! Give yourself and your child a chance to experience what Tony can bring out in your child. His training can make a difference!

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/30/09 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: J. Dale
THERAPY? I don't need no stupid therapy.

Sure you don't. Keep telling yourself that. But most of us know better. wink

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/30/09 03:39 PM

Patrick,
could I have the number of your therapist. If they can work with you then they have to be good.

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 12/30/09 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: J. Dale
Patrick,
could I have the number of your therapist. If they can work with you then they have to be good.

Funny you say that, everyone around here thinks I'm getting ripped off because I'm still crazy. But if you insist it's Therapy for Dummmies in the yellow pages.
Posted By: dagwood

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 01/07/10 10:36 PM

Western Kansas folks don't miss out on this great opportunity. This will be money well spent.
Posted By: birddog

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 01/08/10 01:49 PM

Tony Purler has helped bring youth Wrestling in Kansas to a higher level. Because so many wrestlers & coaches have attended his clinics & camps throughout the state, who knows just how deep his influence really is. His leg riding clinics alone have made leg riding "NOT" a foreign language. Tony, through his knowledge of wrestling, and his coaching methods, has positively influenced Kansas wrestling in a big way. Tony "IS" a good coach & wrestling role model. ("5 Star" - Highly recommended. Will enhance your kid)
Posted By: twisty

Re: purler clinics in Topeka, Garden City, Wichita, - 01/11/10 05:26 PM

Purler clinic in Garden City was money well spent.I hope he continue's to come to western KS. Thanx Tony
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums