Kansas Wrestling

Sprawl Nationals

Posted By: Crash99

Sprawl Nationals - 01/11/10 12:40 PM

Hello,
I would like to start off by clearing up some things and addressing the RUMOR that Park City Kansas SPRAWL Nationals is canceled. This is absolutely not the truth and this tournament is still very much on and going to happen. There have been many emails and phone calls from parents and clubs requesting that we re-consider making this two day tournament into a one day tournament. We discussed it and agree that times are tough right now and we want to make this as easy as possible for everyone. We want to allow any parent who wants their kid to wrestle in the tournament to have that opportunity. With that being said with our facility and manpower from all the great clubs showing their support we are able to make this happen and make this a one day event.

Weigh-ins will still be Friday night and Saturday morning with wrestling starting and finishing up on Saturday. With some individuals and clubs being on the fence until we made this decision we will be extending the entry deadline to Tuesday Jan 12. If you have any questions don't hesitate to call or e-mail.

Thanks,

316 Productions Staff

And

Craig Gash 316-390-7288
Tournament Director

http://www.3onesixproductions.com
Posted By: hartley5

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/11/10 01:13 PM

Will you email or post an updated flyer reflecting the changes?
This will help some of the clubs to get the information out.

-Sarah
Posted By: HEADUP

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/11/10 01:13 PM

great deal, in it for the kids/ competition.
Posted By: win by pin

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/12/10 07:25 PM

Sould of made it a one day tournament on sunday so it would not conflict with as many other kansas local tournaments. There are only a couple on sunday. Just my two cents.
Posted By: JustSayIt

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/12/10 07:55 PM

There was obviously an option to wrestle either Saturday or Sunday. Why was the decision made to wrestle Saturday? If this is really for the kids and the clubs, then the tournament should be scheduled for SUNDAY!!!! What's the real goal here?
Posted By: Beeson

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/12/10 07:58 PM

Wow...a guy with 8 posts, been registered for 7 whole days and you have all the answers....Kansas wrestling is saved.
Posted By: JustSayIt

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/12/10 08:09 PM

nice
Posted By: MDP

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/13/10 07:07 PM

Is the start time still 9 AM and when will the entries be posted?
Posted By: elid2

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 03:28 AM

so if sprawl nationals is still going on why are there 40 derby kids signed up for winfield?
Posted By: highcrotch

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 04:50 AM

Cause thats where the real competition is!!!
Its sad when your own club won't even support a tournament that you are putting on!
Posted By: Namwen

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 11:56 AM

I would ike to just be able to double check my entries. According to trackwrestling I have 13 going but I know I only sent in 9. I sure hope I dont get charged for those other 4....
Posted By: bawoody

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 12:37 PM

I'd like to know what the entries are also. It shows Goddard sending 26 wrestlers when in fact no one from our club is going to Sprawls. We have chosen to support Winfield.

Is this an attempt to give everyone an impression that more clubs are going to Sprawls to increase their entries?
Posted By: Pelland

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 01:37 PM

I've noticed that the kids Pratt signed up still show up as attending Sprawl even though they are not. I've also noticed that when I look at these particular wrestlers on TW it shows that this particular tournament is on the 17th, not the 16th.
Posted By: Deucesmom

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 02:52 PM

The entries show Boos' School has 4 kids going but there are only 2 kids going from our club.

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 03:03 PM

Disregard what is on Trackwrestling. We are not using Trackwrestling this year. Those that are shown are from earlier in the season. I have not updated the information on trackwrestling and only used the trackwrestling website as a redirect to our website for entries.

In fact I am going to take that down right now so there is no confusion, or any other misgivings regarding the tournament.

Sincerely,

Craig Gash
Tournament Director
Sprawl Nationals
Posted By: MDP

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 04:24 PM

So where can we see the correct entries??? And any other updates???

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 04:31 PM

I think we should just take it upon ourselves to list who we are taking and at what weight..... Eeveryone up for it??

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 04:32 PM

How much more shady can this tournament get?

This is just what I've seen so far:
You change dates
You change tournament directors
BRINGITON and MIXITUP get on here and act like "Mr. Concerned Wrestler" when they are the ones putting it on.
You promise to pay people back for their hotels (DID THAT EVER HAPPEN)!
You switch from a two day to a one day tournament! How does that effect peoples air, or travel, or hotels!
You say your using Track Wrestling and now your not.
People been looking on Track Wrestling to try and see if there will be enough kids to make it worth their while to go and now we find out that those numbers are false.

Craig
These are not shots at you! The Derby tournament has always been one of the best. How did you get involved with these 316mafia guys?

I hope the day comes we get a QUALITY national tournament in Wichita but not if its ran by these guys. We need to get a few big clubs together and do a JOC type of deal.
It will be harder now cause of the bad image this has left on us. What does the wrestling parents, clubs, and SPONSORS think of us now?

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
I WILL BE AT WINFIELD!

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 05:07 PM

I just wanted to clear a few things up! First of all, Sprawl is NOT a Derby Wrestling Club tournament. The people responsible for the idea of Sprawl are those associated with 316 Productions. I have been asked to help organize and run the actual wrestling. Thinking that this is a great opportunity for Kansas Wrestling, I said yes. I can see how that might associate Derby with it, as I am also the Tournament Director for DWC. Derby Wrestling Club is sending over half our wrestlers to Winfield because we want to support Winfield as we always have in the past. We also want to support Sprawl, so we are sending close to half there as well. If this was a Derby Tournament, rest assured, we would all be at one place. I believe that we are going to see GREAT competition at both tournaments and I hope they both go well.

Craig Gash

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 05:46 PM

Craig
If this is not a Derby Tournament then explain a few things...

Are the members of 316 productions a part of the Derby wrestling club?
Why is a Derby wrestlers picture featured on their web site?
Where are they getting the mats?
Where are they getting the table workers?

The DWC has an awesome reputation.
But sometimes when you lay with dogs you get fleas!

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 05:51 PM

I know craig is making the best hand with what he was delt. Can we wait until after the tournament before we all start slinging mud?

Now to change the subject....

Chaparral Kids has 9 entries
Novice - 4
6u 43
6u 52
8u 61
10u 90

Open - 5
8u 61
8u 100
10u 85
10u 110
10u 130
Posted By: R. Barnett

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 06:05 PM

This is my first post to a Forum, so bear with me. I am the President of the Winfield Club, however; this post is from me personally. I first of all want to thank everyone that is supporting our tournament!!!!! Without all of your loyalty, our club doesn't exist and the kids don't get better. I've viewed many forums and have seen many of the contentious conversations and just have to laugh sometimes, as I'm sure we all do when looking back on past conversations. I had to give my input on this one though. I have personally received calls from Mrs. Gash and Mr. Allen and Mr. Xanders from Derby and I can assure you all that "Derby Wrestling Club" is not the one putting on the Sprawls. Yes, some of their leaders are helping organize it and yes some of their kids are going to Sprawls, and yes some of the kids are coming to Winfield, but at the end of the day, we need to focus on the fact that there will be more than 1,000 kids wrestling within a 75 mile radius this weekend.
As I mentioned earlier, Winfield is SO THANKFUL and HUMBLED by so many clubs showing their loyalty to our tournament. It is going to be a GREAT weekend for tremendous competition and I hope you all travel safely to come see us on Saturday morning. I also hope we can follow the long string of great tournaments that have been put on so far this season. Remember, we are not holding any weigh in on Saturday, whatsoever. Please keep in mind that "This is truly about the kids, right?"

Rob Barnett
Posted By: awrestlersmom

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 07:20 PM

I have 3 boys who will be attending Sprawls Nationals that are in dire need of a coach. Our original coach has changed tournaments. Is there anyone willing to help? I have a Novice 8U/64, Open 10U/76 and Open 12U/92. You can email me or post on here. Nursetogo2001@yahoo.com. Thanks a bunch!
Posted By: BRING IT ON!

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 07:23 PM

Highcrotch??? Are you new to the wrestling community? Or are you hiding behind a new name so know one knows who you are?? You say a Derby wrestler is featured in a picture on the web site?? He's not where a green singlet so how would you know he's from derby? Sounds to me like your just a hater who has nothing else to do but bash people on a kids wrestling talk forum. I believe the rule on this forum is if you bash people and or tournaments etc. you are to post your name. Will you do that or hide behind ur computer??
Posted By: hartley5

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 07:34 PM

High Crotch you ask a lot of questions that honestly do NOT even matter. Hopefully both Winfield and Sprawl will be successful and next year on different dates so that people dont have to choose. Remember that ths most important thing is that the kids get to wrestle, who cares where a tournament is getting mats from. I am sure every tournament has to make changes but your not calling every one of them out.
-Sarah Hartley

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 07:46 PM

we will have to coaches there and I am certain that there are others that will jump in and help out.

Justin
Chapparal Kids

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 08:02 PM

I’m just upset how this whole thing has been handled.
Kansas needs a tournament like this and with all the shady stuff that has went on it just hurts Ks wrestling as a whole.

BRINGITON:
You state the rules of this talk forum but they don’t apply.
How can you ask me to honor the rules when no one else does?
I am new to this talk forum but I am no way new to wrestling.
I will choose to keep my name to myself because these are my opinions and not those of my son or my club.

I know the boy in the picture because my son has had to wrestle that boy. And I would like to give credit where its due, that kid is an amazing wrestler. You could put him in a pink singlet and I would know who he is. He has throttled my kid on many occasions! And yet, we still travel to the Wichita area almost every weekend to take our shot at little studs like that!

So, I will let this topic slide on by and just be THANKFUL that I will be spending my weekend in Winfield.
Good Luck to ALL the wrestlers!
Be Safe!

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 09:10 PM

Thank you! I will look you up at the tournament. We are Salina wrestlers. Just so you know who to look for! LOL.
Thanks again.

Alana
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 09:13 PM

I have only one question. Why after sending an email followed by a telephone call that we could not make this new date did our check that we wrote in November post to my bank account on Tuesday?

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 09:25 PM

you will see us.. Black shirts with a big yellow C...
Posted By: WOOD_WON

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 10:14 PM

Hey highcrotch,
The picture of the wrestler is not Landon Wood and I know of no other kids in Kansas that wear PINK.

Jason Wood
Posted By: Beeson

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 10:32 PM

The Wrestler he is referring to is Tyler Allen from Derby. That may have been why Highcrotch thought that the Derby Club was running this tournament.
Posted By: Bones1768

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 10:48 PM

My son sometimes wears a white singlet with pink trim in honor of his step grandmother who is a thirty year breast cancer survivor. On the front is says Pink the color of courage.

Pretty cool if I say so.
Posted By: Mixitup

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 11:06 PM

Mr or Mrs Highcrotch?

Let me first start off by informing you that yes I am with 316 Productions.."Big Secret" You busted me your a quick one, what was your name again?? I was formerly the owner and Promoter of Havic Prizefighting Promotions. We got the best fighters from all over and put on the biggest and best and most successful 'MMA' Cagefights in Kansas and possibly the Midwest. I was then asked to be a part of 316 Productions, who's only goal is focusing on youth sports and youth sporting events in Ks. I gladly accepted as I have athletes for kids myself and after a lot of input and desire started focusing on youth wrestling tournaments in Ks. We have people who understand that our State and more importantly our KIDS do deserve to have a tournament that this COULD be in there own backyards and support it to the fullest.

Then we have the people like you who want to try and tear down and divide and cause tension and run there mouth behind posts and stir stuff up between us and clubs for whatever reason when someone steps up and is trying to truly better the youth sports here for the KIDS, and you try and knock us down? We understand that this is the first tournament and were going to take our lumps and every year hopefully less lumps and more kids and keep it going and growing and build this to what it could and will be. Come back next year with a date that dosent step on anyones toes and have all the clubs support. So im glad your THANKFUL to be in Winfield this weekend and glad you are supporting them. So did our club, and yes im with DWC. We unfortunately had to slide our date back and had to match it up with the Arena's available dates and thats the card we were delt with for this year. As Winfield stated Mr Allen and Mr Gash have reached out to them numerous times showing support to them and there tournament...So we are not intentionally trying to "hurt" any club or have a conflict with them. That is simply created and brought forth by people like you.

And yes if its any of your business anyone that asked for a refund was refunded and all our sponsors back us and will continue to as well as only gain more.

Juan Eldridge..AKA Mr Mafia
316 Productions
Posted By: Mixitup

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/14/10 11:09 PM

And Dagwood contact Russ he is in charge of refunds and will get you taken care of if you have an issue.

316-207-5495
Posted By: BLT

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/15/10 04:15 AM

Just a personal note...
Juan Eldridge does alot for Derby youth sports as well as Haysville youth sports.
I know this whole thing has not gone as smooth as they would of wished but like someone said before, lets wait to see how it goes before you cast stones!!!

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/15/10 04:01 PM

Wow,
That wasn't so hard now was it? When you guys step out into the light people will be more likely to support you or at least feel sorry for you. But all the shadow games and shadiness you guys have shown has cast a dark cloud over this tournament. Kansas (more so Wichita) needs a National level tournament. But, with the way this thing has been handled I doubt this will ever take off like you wanted it to.
I hope that with the Classic moving to Hartman we will finally get that level of tournament.

Oh and one more thing...
Wrestling tournaments are not MMA shows. We don’t have ring girls and all the other blah blah blah.
I have never heard of Havic Prize Fighting! What, you think that you are Roller Productions?
You said you were the biggest in Kansas and the Midwest???
When I Google around all I seem to find is HIGHROLLER PRODUCTIONS!!!
Hmmmmmmmm, Maybe you should stick to MMA???
Posted By: luellen

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/15/10 04:51 PM

I asked for a refund & they called me & asked if i wanted my check back or tore up. I got a fast response & it was taken care of. I dont really understand why some of you are talking trash on these people. They are trying to get a national tourny started in kansas. No name posting is not worth reading. Posting negitive comments about other people with no name is spineless. Be a man (or woman) not a nameless coward.

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/15/10 05:05 PM

SUGGESTIONS, NOT COMPLAINTS, PLEASE.

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/15/10 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: highcrotch

When I Google around all I seem to find is HIGHROLLER PRODUCTIONS!!!

were you at the first roller production?
-if no please, BACK OFF
how did it run?
-i know it wasn't smooth, ask jack roller!
what tournament do you put on?
-maybe we can all come and take notes
SPRAWL not your thing?
-then stick to local stuff, nationals aren't always so smooth, and they certainly cost more $$$
can't say anything nice?
- then don't say anything at all!!!

if you don't want to go to sprawl, don't
Posted By: roughly

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/16/10 10:29 PM

Does anybody know anything about this tournament? Did it even take place? TW says that no teams have been added to the tournament. Now I realize that this doesn't necessarily mean anything, certainly before the tournament kicks off, but if it ran/is running as planned, SOMETHING should be up on TW? What gives?
Posted By: GarateKids

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/16/10 10:49 PM

they are not using Track Wrestling!
Posted By: win by pin

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/16/10 11:44 PM

was just wondering how many entries sprawl had? I seen some of the trophies from the tournament and they were impressive
Posted By: djackson

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/16/10 11:52 PM

Great venue with lots of room. Got a little late start but once it got going it went smooth. Hopefully next year more will attend and support this. Glad we went and will attend next year. The kids loved the awards also. I forgot full mats for everyone.
Posted By: GarateKids

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/17/10 02:16 AM

full mats for everyone,,, Awesome,, where the results going to be posted?
Posted By: WOOD_WON

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/17/10 02:34 PM

I want to congratulate Russ Allen, Juan Eldridge and Craig Gash for starting what will become a GREAT tournament. Yes, it did start late. But, first reason was due to the fog. Second was MR GASH making sure everyone wrestled as many maches as possible. Craig, you did and do a great job as a tournament director.

To get a high quality tournament started with great competition you have to have 2 things. 1. VENUE 2. HARDWARE. Both of these were at the top of what we have seen from our travels across the nation. IMO. They have the base for this thing to grow.

Were there bumps yesterday? Yes. Will they work them out in the YEARS to come? Yes.

For a first year tournament, this tournament went very smoothly.

Again,
Thanks for a great day and 6 great matches guys.
Posted By: Roost

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/17/10 03:17 PM

I am glad to hear that the Sprawls went on and finished well...but I could not imagine on top of paying the enterince fee paying to get in and a fee to park- to have my two wrestle and to get in with my family would have been a fortune. Were you allowed to bring in coolers? Was concessions reasonable or outragous? I know what it is like at state- compariable?

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/17/10 04:27 PM

I would first of all like to post a "Thank You" to all the people who came out to Hartman arena and supported the tournament. Yes, we did have a few bumps along the way and started late. And, yes there were a few more bumps once we got started. But, overall I felt the event went off pretty well. Yes, we will take our lumps and those that have criticism please go ahead and post those comments in a nice manner and we will take the comments into consideration. I know there are several things to be improved upon for next year and those items will be addressed.

I will be working this week to tally results and will try to get the results posted on usawks.com and 3onesixproductions.com as soon as possible.

There were representatives for the Classic in attendance which I spoke to and all eyes were on how to pull off the Classic this year in the arena. Sprawl Nationals is NOT associated with the Classic, but we helped the organizers get an overall picture of the venue and ideas for their tournament.

I also talked with one of our bigger sponsors who came to the tournament to see how his group's money was being spent and he was impressed not only with the awards but also with the layout and the competition that he witnessed.

Again, I would like to say thank you to everyone involved and with everyone's support this event can only get better and bigger for years to come.

Sincerely,

Craig Gash

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/17/10 04:50 PM

Thank you to the coaches at Chapparel and Haysville for coaching my boys at Sprawls Nationals. I truely due appreciate you time and efforts. They had a great weekend. Thanks again! Hope to see you soon!
Posted By: Cyclone

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/17/10 04:58 PM

We did not attend a tournament yesterday (wrestle middle school), so do not know all the details regarding parking and gate fees for Sprawl Nationals.

However,if you attend the Wichita Classic or State, you don't pay a fee for your wrestler(s) or coaches to enter the venue. Other family members do have to purchase a ticket to enter. (Am sure those entry fees vary from place to place.)

In the past we have not paid a fee at the Classic to park (maybe at one time there was, I don't know) nor do we pay when we attend State. That is because we are at the Plaza, so there may be a fee at State. Again, I don't know about a parking fee yesterday.

At the Classic as well as State you are not allowed to bring coolers in. Hartman Arena is probably no different than any other venue (Intrust Bank Arena, Coliseum) that has private contracts for their concessions. That is generally how it is handled, no coolers inside.

It is obviously going to cost more to attend a tournament of this caliber at this type of venue as opposed to a kids club tournament held at a high school. We have only attended tournaments in Kanas and Oklahoma, but it is the same there, tickets to enter if you are a not a wrestler/coach and no coolers. We have also not paid a parking fee in Tulsa or Oklahoma City. (This is for tournaments not being held at a high school.)

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/17/10 05:07 PM

There were no parking fees at Sprawls. Gate entry was 6 dollars for adults and kids 12 and under were free. Wrestlers/Coaches did not pay gate price. Concessions were a little pricey but not ridiculous. No coolers inside but you could go out and come back in as you pleased. There was excellent seating! You could see all the mats from where ever you sat. The accomodations at that facility are fantastic for wrestling events. I am sure Wichita Classic will be even nicer at that facility. Sprawls was nice with a few glitches and I hope next year it gets better. My boys loved the trophies and medals. There were very nice- engraved an all! Kudos to Sprawls for the giveaways! Were gonna try it again next year....
Posted By: KMac

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/17/10 05:15 PM

I was unable to attend the tournament, but sent my son with another parent from our team. Although the tourney started late, I want to give them kudos for the re-bracketing that they did. My son was combined with the next weight class higher and had a total of 6 kids. We have never attended a tournament where that would be anything other than an 8-man bracket. So if my kid received a bye and was lucky enough to stay on the front side of the bracket, that would result in a total of 2 matches. However, the SPRAWL guys made that a 6-man Round Robin (on full mats)and my son and each kid in the bracket was able to get 5 matches. It normally takes two weekends to get 5 matches. He only got 4 matches at USJOC. Thanks for bracketing for the benefit of the kids. I hope that you can find a good date on the calendar for next year and that the tournament grows into something that all of KS will support for many years.

Kevin McCracken
Posted By: bockman

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/17/10 06:21 PM

I think this will grow next year as long as they keep the fees down and make it on a weekend that is not too close to anything else. Hope that is the case next year and hope that our club can support this in the future.
Posted By: Hossus

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/17/10 06:34 PM

I agree keep it in between USJOC and Tulsa Nationals. That way you get a nice little series of tough meets in this general region.

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/17/10 06:33 PM

How many entries were there?
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/17/10 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: dagwood
I have only one question. Why after sending an email followed by a telephone call that we could not make this new date did our check that we wrote in November post to my bank account on Tuesday?

Got refund check in the mail Saturday. Thank you for a quick resolution and I hope we can attend next year.

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/18/10 12:02 AM

i know i stinks, but usually when you go to big tournaments prices are higher. have always paid to park at tulsa (last 2 years excluded), and liberty. most go for the competition, and don't worry too much about the rest. i'm glad we have got another great tournament in ks. hope next year we can put it on our schedule.
Posted By: MacLaughlin

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/18/10 12:19 AM

We would love to attend as well and hope it doesn't conflict with another another great local club.
Posted By: MacLaughlin

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/18/10 12:19 AM

We would love to attend as well and hope it doesn't conflict with another great local club.
Posted By: Roost

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/18/10 04:19 AM

thanks for the info- not like the lecture from cyclone----I do not mind paying the price to go to state- my kids work hard to get there-
Posted By: up4wrestling

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/18/10 05:52 PM

Sounds like a good tournament that will grow over time. Had conflicts this year..would have liked to see a Sunday Tournament as I have HS wrestlers!
Also to comment on parking and cooler-concessions. Have attended USJOC and Tulsa Nationals the past 3years..no parking fees, the concessions are very nice...but you are allowed to bring coolers (as much as you need) into the seating area. It is very nice to be able to feed your wrestler or give him/her a drink without spending $3.50 per drink! It allows you to purchase a Slushy later in the day just to enjoy! Hopefully some of the bigger Tournaments in Kansas like Sprawl Nationals, Park City Classic, Salina....to name a few...would give everyone a break and allow coolers into the facility...seating area included! Don't mind the entry fee or the drive. Will try to attend next year to form my own opinion.

Kim Lovvorn

Would like to know how many entries? Heard some had only 3kids in there brackets?

Re: Sprawl Nationals - 01/18/10 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: up4wrestling
Sounds like a good tournament that will grow over time. Had conflicts this year..would have liked to see a Sunday Tournament as I have HS wrestlers!
Also to comment on parking and cooler-concessions. Have attended USJOC and Tulsa Nationals the past 3years..no parking fees, the concessions are very nice...but you are allowed to bring coolers (as much as you need) into the seating area. It is very nice to be able to feed your wrestler or give him/her a drink without spending $3.50 per drink! It allows you to purchase a Slushy later in the day just to enjoy! Hopefully some of the bigger Tournaments in Kansas like Sprawl Nationals, Park City Classic, Salina....to name a few...would give everyone a break and allow coolers into the facility...seating area included! Don't mind the entry fee or the drive. Will try to attend next year to form my own opinion.

Kim Lovvorn

Would like to know how many entries? Heard some had only 3kids in there brackets?

Unfortunately, organizers cannot change the rules of a venue in regards to allowing coolers, etc. These are part of the contracts that are signed and the venue owner takes the concession revenue by not allowing coolers into the event. The only way to be able to change this would be to have the owners of the venues change their rules, but that is most likely not going to happen. As for the entries, the entries were a little low with about 325 entries total. Had several scratches so I cannot be for sure what the total entries were after the scratches. For the amount of entries we had, I felt that the tournament was a building block for years to come. We will be securing a date with the arena again for next year as soon as possible and we will let everyone know when that date is so everyone can plan accordingly (meaning we don't want to step on anyone's date) Look for more information on this tournament for next year in the weeks to come!

BTW I am going to post the results in a different thread.

Sincerely,

Craig Gash
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums