Kansas Wrestling

Hutch or Garden City results?

Posted By: sugar80

Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 12:50 AM

I wished every tournement used trackwrestling, it would make it much more fun for the parents. I would like to know the results of all the tournaments, and you would think with todays tecnology that Kansas Wrestling could make it happen.
Posted By: Teamroper

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 01:31 AM

Been through this drill.

I like looking through the result as much as the next guy, but come on it is Monday and we had a novice tournament on Sunday.

Just for comments like that I may not post them at all, but I have enough RESPECT for other that get on here and look at them.

Just read this link and which tournament is it you run?

http://www.usawks.com/
Posted By: Jack Otero

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 02:22 AM

Sugar90 you seem to be a bracket watcher and do your research on everyone your kids wrestle. I know, I do it for the big ones (Tulsa, kickoff, big horn, ect.) but life is too short to worry and stress each weekend in Kansas! Let the chips fall where they may! Remember it doesnt matter what you do in kids (or middle school for that matter) it matters what you do in high school/ college. Who agrees??? I am for the challenge for 2nd rule in KS! We travel week in and week out and way to far to get put on the wrong side of the bracket. Like I said let the chips fall where they may, but only with a challenge for 2nd rule in KS!!

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 02:33 AM

Sorry, I was not trying to be sarcastic or anything. Just curious and having some fun with my favorite sport of all time. I now have two boys wrestling and I enjoy the results.

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 02:37 AM

I am not a bracket watcher just enjoy seeing the results. I wrestled my entire life and now have two boys wrestling and haveing a little fun.
Posted By: Jamie Davis

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 02:44 AM

The only problem with doing research on kid's that you will wrestle is .. At this age the kid you wrestled last week or for that matter two weeks ago is a different kid. They are always changing for better or worse. I have noticed it in just local wrestlers one week can make a big difference. That's what makes Youth Wrestling great!

Jamie Davis
Andover, KS

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: sugar90
Sorry, I was not trying to be sarcastic or anything. Just curious and having some fun with my favorite sport of all time. I now have two boys wrestling and I enjoy the results.

I didn't catch which tournament your run, I am sure you must run one. Being able to challenge how others run theirs and all.
Posted By: Pelland

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 02:52 AM

I'm with you sugar...It's really cool to go and look at how a bracket played out rather than just seeing who got 1-4. I'm not sure why your getting ripped, but I'm sure of one thing...everyone on here looks at the results, and everyone would rather see how a bracket played out.

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 02:54 AM

You are putting words in my mouth. WOW! I do not run a tournament, just a parent asking a question? Yes, it would be neat if all tournaments had results listed. Not that big of a deal either way. I have been involved with wrestling for 27 years and never had results to all the tournaments in federation wrestling. This is fine.

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 02:58 AM

I'm not sure why some stranger is ripping me either after I already apologized if it came off wrong. This is my first day of ever posting on the forum. ?????
Posted By: doinasipleaz

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 03:02 AM

I do agree watching and worrying about results is silly IF you are doing it to see how your kid is doing comparatively. (I agree with Jamie Davis,) It doesnt sound like that is what sugar90 is doing. Checking them out to see how fellow team mates and friends did is a DIFFERENT story. It is neat to do those things. And just because someone doesnt run a tourney shouldnt mean they cant ask a question.
Posted By: doinasipleaz

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 03:04 AM

Sugar90....You should have noticed the mentality of most before you posted..
Posted By: johnlesnar365

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 06:38 AM

tracy, a little hard sugar90 aint you? the guy said sorry way before you made that remark. i can see how the first question he asked would piss someone off but heck he said sorry.

there was no reason for you to make that rude comment.jmo:-)

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 11:22 AM

Well I guess my point was if someone knew the efforts it takes to pull off a tournament, really of any size let alone a large one. They wouldn't come on here and ask for the result basically a day later.

If I overreacted then so be it, but I spent the last week and a half working on a tournament so it would run smooth, start on time, and have great match ups for the kids.

So maybe I took the comment a little to personal, I know everyone like the results just like I do.
Posted By: nix

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 11:36 AM

teamroper hurry up already, i got up this early to look at results and there not here yet what the heck. lol. man givem a break these guys put on tournaments and still have family's to go home to.

they will get them posted.

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 11:41 AM

ok it's been 3 minutes and there still not posted, thats it me and jeffrey is coming to hutch to get those results. lol just trying to bring some funny to this post. gooday all
Posted By: HEADUP

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 01:12 PM

nice nix, nice. i think the point here for all to see is, think before you speak, type, post. the folks working these tournaments are not there to please everyone, they are there to give our children a chance to compete.

i see way too many people treat tournament VOLUNTEERS like they are the Wal-Mart service desk. show some respect.

tracy- lighten up just a little maybe

sugar- you are right the technology is there, i nominate you to be in charge. we will take a vote at the state meeting. see you there. LOL

i typed LOL so you both would know it's all in fun, but seriously think about it.

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: nix
ok it's been 3 minutes and there still not posted, thats it me and jeffrey is coming to hutch to get those results. lol just trying to bring some funny to this post. gooday all

See you in 4 hours then....lol

It's all good, I wouldn't change anything we did for the tournament. There were some unreal brackets and alot of kids going with kids their own skill level.

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 04:03 PM

I would love to look into it. I am curious if other states have something else going or not? Do they just use trackwrestling? I am curious and will do some digging some time. I see the advantages into not using trackwrestling so you can make fair brackets according to skill level. Trackwrestling would probably work great for tournaments that throw everybody into one bracket like the Novice Championship. I am sure some on here know the answers to these questions: so please enlighten us!

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 04:55 PM

I will try:

My thought of TW is that it requires more infrastructure than a pencil and paper. There needs to be multiple computers, printer and a secure internet connection. I also have seen where it takes a few more people entering the completed bout sheets in the computers. That may be a wash with bracketers at a table but I am not sure.

It also has a cost that goes along with it which I have heard several different ranges but the one that stick in my head is .25 per kid. That isn't alot of the bottom line I would be ok if it is better.

Some of for me is the lack of confidence that it does work better than a pencil and a paper. Some of that stems from the earlier debacles trying to run the system. I haven't researched if there is a training class for it or not. I have been offered by several clubs that do run it to get some "on the job training" during their tournament. I fully plan on doing that, but I also coach and feel like I don't want to be in their way because I know how stressful TD get in the heat of the battle.

One other perception I have and it may not be true at all is that you have one bracket change it can change all brackets bout numbers. Again that is what I have heard but I have no hard evidence of that.

Maybe it is the individual tournament and how they manage it but it also seem like the wall brackets do not get updated very often. Some do some don't not sure why that is but my guess it is a manpower issue. Getting the bout sheet in the system and then having to print the next round and nobody has time to update the wall brackets.

I have also seen several times that a mat stands still while they are waiting on bout sheet for the next round, again might be a manpower issue or the number of computers they have. I am not sure.

I have also seen time where the internet goes down and everybody is dead in the water.

The state tournament ran table side scoring last year and they lost theirs and it was a pretty long delay getting going again.

So in summary some of the reason we haven't tried it may be ignorance about it but to me the risk of having delays and not providing a quality day that everyone is happy with hasn't out weigh the pencil and paper. That I know I can make several changes from weigh in to the start of wrestling without much delay and keep it moving.

I would offer anyone to clarify my assumptions about TW that is or has used TW.

I am all for working smarter than harder!
Posted By: David Garcia

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 05:34 PM

Damn Tracy you just have to get the last word in and the next and next etc. LOL !!!!
Posted By: sportsfan02

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 05:34 PM

It is great at taking entries and running the opening round of brackets! Beyond that you're better off doing it by hand.

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 05:45 PM

I was asked to enlighten my thoughts so I did.

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: David Garcia
Damn Tracy you just have to get the last word in and the next and next etc. LOL !!!!

I don't either!!!

lol
Posted By: luellen

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: sportsfan02
It is great at taking entries and running the opening round of brackets! Beyond that you're better off doing it by hand.
do you have a carbon monixide detector in your house?? check the batterys. You may be dealing with a problem with your heat exchanger in your furnace.
Originally Posted By: Teamroper
Originally Posted By: David Garcia

I don't either!!!

lol
thats funny keep it up
Posted By: jhawkmamax2

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 07:13 PM

Jamie, that is so right--a kid can look completely different in a two week span (heck, in a two-hour span if they are cranky!). However, as a newbie parent with 2 boys exiting novice and entering opens, trackwrestling has been a help (albeit after the tournament) in looking at who my boys wrestled against and what they ranked (A, B, C or D) in an open. We don't know a lot of the wrestlers on other teams yet, so we don't know whether to expect to get creamed, have a fairly even match, or get a quick pin. It's a lot more motivating for my 8-year-old to realize when it's all over that the kid who cleaned his clock on Saturday was an A-level wrestler when he is just barely out of novice.

That said, it takes a lot more than one person with a computer to run a tournament with trackwrestling. As more schools get their internet issues figured out and more people get familiar with the TW entry system, maybe it will get easier.
Posted By: doug747

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/15/11 08:29 PM

I think Trackwrestling could greatly help itself by being able to ad a match #9a or #9b, so that the brackets that clubs sell the night of weighins, are not completely screwed up. But then I guess if the top two seeds don't make weight, or no show, the whole bracket is redone anyway. Scratch that thought........

I like trackwrestling, and I think it is getting better, but like was pointed out, you never know when the internet is gonna go down. Maybe as a backup, have a few people with Verizon mobile internet pluggy into your computer thingymabobs........
Posted By: jhawkmamax2

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/16/11 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: doug747
Maybe as a backup, have a few people with Verizon mobile internet pluggy into your computer thingymabobs........

'Zactly! grin
Posted By: Schrater

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/17/11 11:45 AM

Tracy

A couple of requests since you have so much time to post on the forum. Yes, we had too much fun at practice last night talking about you!!

1. Can you tell me what place my kid took? Feel free to send a PM or call my cell (see below for number).
2. Can you email me a copy of his bracket so I know for sure. I want to double check the one I filled out. I assume scores are included in the bracket? If not, I would pay a couple of extra dollars for that information.
3. Valley Center coaches predict by 4 to 1 that Nix takes you at horseshoes.
4. Still have not seen when you are going to post the other brackets. Can you clarify a time schedule??
5. Enjoy Pratt...see you at the Classic.

Cory Schrater

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/17/11 12:22 PM

i would like to say thanks cory and the other valley center coaches. you guys sure do know how to make a guy feel under pressure. but don't worry i will not let you guys down.

as for the one who bet against me, go ahead and collect his money, he's already lost he just does not know it yet.

cory you now have tracy running to walmart to buy a horseshoe kit, he's already called into work this morning and took his two week vacation to practice.

i hope you feel good about that.

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/17/11 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: nix
i would like to say thanks cory and the other valley center coaches. you guys sure do know how to make a guy feel under pressure. but don't worry i will not let you guys down.

as for the one who bet against me, go ahead and collect his money, he's already lost he just does not know it yet.

cory you now have tracy running to walmart to buy a horseshoe kit, he's already called into work this morning and took his two week vacation to practice.

i hope you feel good about that.

This is where you are so wrong. I have been practicing since the day the challenge came down!

That is why I haven't got them posted, to much practicing.

I have also been practicing my paper, rock, scissors skill just in cased we go to OT. In case of double overtime I am working on the "how many fingers am I holding behind my back" skill.

At this point I feel ready for anything.

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/17/11 01:18 PM

Quote:
Can you tell me what place my kid took? Feel free to send a PM or call my cell (see below for number).

He went home sick, the poor kid. I am glad you keep close tabs on him.

Quote:
Can you email me a copy of his bracket so I know for sure. I want to double check the one I filled out. I assume scores are included in the bracket? If not, I would pay a couple of extra dollars for that information

Most certainly I can, I actually have been carrying htem all around just in case this request was made.

Quote:
Valley Center coaches predict by 4 to 1 that Nix takes you at horseshoes.

Maybe we need to start a poll and and a betting line on this!

Quote:
Still have not seen when you are going to post the other brackets. Can you clarify a time schedule

Sometime after I beat Nix in our dual, to much practicing right now.

Quote:
Enjoy Pratt...see you at the Classic.

Have a good weekend off!

Nix is scared he is sending pm's wanting to back out of right now. I think he heard I got guess the number behind your back thing right 2 out 5 times right, which pretty much means I am a genius.

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/17/11 01:46 PM

you can bet were not trying that wii bowling online challenge, i went to practice on my kids wii, for 1 my 8 and 9 year old beat me and for 2 i almost hurt myself.

gotta go for now golden girls is on.
Posted By: HEADUP

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/17/11 02:25 PM

please make sure you practice, with beer in non-throwing hand. it is against the rules for your beer to leave your, hand. unless is empty of course. then you have a 2 minute grace period to grab another. potty breaks are pre-scheduled, and agreed upon by both competitors. you guys think this is a joke, it's for real. sooo real in fact that i think i'll bring my spare set we can play at the state tail gate party.

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/17/11 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: HEADUP
please make sure you practice, with beer in non-throwing hand. it is against the rules for your beer to leave your, hand. unless is empty of course. then you have a 2 minute grace period to grab another. potty breaks are pre-scheduled, and agreed upon by both competitors. you guys think this is a joke, it's for real. sooo real in fact that i think i'll bring my spare set we can play at the state tail gate party.

Rules to live by, HEADUP is our referee!

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/19/11 04:35 AM

Still no results? A big, perfectly ran tournament all by hand like in the stone ages, but no results? That is kind of funny or sad. Who knows?

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/19/11 07:36 AM

for all the people that complain about the brackets not being posted i have yet to see one of you ask the club or in your case sugar90 ask or say hey tracy, i know you have been busy you probaly have a family to spend time with, or you might have one of those things called a J O B but if it helps i would be willing to come HELP you SORT through those BRACKETS so you can get them posted.

i am only useing you sugar because you was right above.

and i am sure it has nothing to do with tracy being busy, family or a job he was was challeged to a dual and thats all he has on his mind. and of course with a screen name like teamroper he would be from the stone ages. cutem some slack
Posted By: 2coach

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/19/11 11:13 AM

Hey Tracy I know your busy and have a job, I would be willing to help you but I wasn't there to what I heard was a great Tournament. I hope you win your dual in horse shoes but sugar has been waiting a long time now...

Mike Rodriguez....

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/19/11 01:53 PM

I am just giving Tracy a hard time. I am practicing my horse shoes. I understand about being busy. We have three kids, two full time jobs, plus I finally decided to go back and finish my college degree. Throw in full time student. We are also very involved in our church. We are also taking MAPP classes to become foster parents, which is 3 hours a week. Wrestling takes up our Saturdays. I can relate being busy!
Posted By: wrestle4fun

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/19/11 01:51 PM

Believe me they have plenty of people willing to help. There have been offers from many parents all season for many things!! They just won't let anyone do anything.

Re: Hutch or Garden City results? - 02/19/11 02:02 PM

Now the truth comes out, still practicing my horse shoes!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums