Kansas Wrestling

Thunderbird Open/Novice (Shawnee Heights)

Posted By: JACD_Moison

Thunderbird Open/Novice (Shawnee Heights) - 01/02/12 02:57 PM

Hello everyone, I know in the past that the Shawnee Heights tournament has endured some issues, but I can assure you that this year will be much different. They now have a staff that is commited and trying to get things in order. They are also getting trained on Trackwrestling and hiring outside help to assure that it runs smoothly. So if you are skeptical of signing up, PLEASE reconsider and give it another chance. There will be some good comptetition and it helps the Topeka area clubs as well. Thanks for your time

Jimmy

Re: Thunderbird Open/Novice (Shawnee Heights) - 01/02/12 02:58 PM

If you have any questions, please ask. I will answer the best I can or get the answer for you. Thanks again

Re: Thunderbird Open/Novice (Shawnee Heights) - 01/04/12 01:47 PM

Everyone, I want to apologize for the comment about "They now have a staff that is commited and trying to get things in order" I didn't mean any harm whatsoever with this comment. I know ALL tournament commitees are dedicated and apologize for that.
Posted By: DawgHouse

Re: Thunderbird Open/Novice (Shawnee Heights) - 01/04/12 02:30 PM

With 500 as your cut off, will you be running two gym this year?

Shari
Posted By: ccasteel

Re: Thunderbird Open/Novice (Shawnee Heights) - 01/04/12 04:12 PM

Have the weigh in sites been set up yet?

Re: Thunderbird Open/Novice (Shawnee Heights) - 01/04/12 08:46 PM

1 – We will be offering an onsite weigh in at Shawnee Heights High School, South Wing from 5-7pm on Saturday, January 7th or you may choose to perform a home site weigh in with your club and email the final weights into thunderbirdwc@yahoo.com by 7pm on Sunday.

2 – We have added an additional surface for our tournament this year and will be in one gym.
Posted By: Thunderbird WC

Re: Thunderbird Open/Novice (Shawnee Heights) - 01/05/12 12:10 AM

Sorry - Home site weigh in's due Saturday night by 7pm, not Sunday.

Re: Thunderbird Open/Novice (Shawnee Heights) - 01/05/12 03:07 AM

Hey Shari, we are only using one gym, but getting an extra mat so it's not so crowded.
Posted By: T Yeagley

Re: Thunderbird Open/Novice (Shawnee Heights) - 01/08/12 12:54 AM

We have brackets open to the public. If you find errors please let us know by 7am. call Cristen at 785-608-0815 with errors. See you tomorrow.
Posted By: Sig

Re: Thunderbird Open/Novice (Shawnee Heights) - 01/08/12 11:28 PM

Hey all,

Very well ran tournament, appreciate the work put into it!
Posted By: lakemats

Re: Thunderbird Open/Novice (Shawnee Heights) - 01/09/12 01:32 AM

A+ Team Thunderbird! One of the best tourneys we've been to all year. From top to bottom, it was a great day!

Re: Thunderbird Open/Novice (Shawnee Heights) - 01/09/12 02:40 AM

Thanks to all that showed up, it was a good time, great turnout, and look forward to having another next year. Again, thanks!
Posted By: John Taylor

Re: Thunderbird Open/Novice (Shawnee Heights) - 01/09/12 05:05 PM

This tournament went a lot smoother than last year no doubt. A couple suggestions though. Some of the surfaces were too small. Also when you send out flyers and all information saying you are giving medals to the top 4 at every weight you probably should do that. Placing only to 3 and then not saying anything until the kid is trying to pick up his 4th place medal sucks big time for those kids that worked hard all day long competeing.
Posted By: Thunderbird WC

Re: Thunderbird Open/Novice (Shawnee Heights) - 01/09/12 06:33 PM

Thanks for the feedback! We are always looking for ways to improve things! Our apologies on the 4th place medal mix up. If you had some 4th place kids in your organization, please let us know at thunderbirdwc@yahoo.com and we will happily send out a medal for them.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums