Kansas Wrestling

dual wrestling

Posted By: bockman

dual wrestling - 03/06/12 04:11 AM

has there ever been any thought of doing some in state dual between districts. i think that would be a good idea to try and do it maybe the week after kids state. then that can keep them wrestling until middle and elementary duals. maybe even do a team of each age group but maybe that would be pushing too much work. just something to think about.
Posted By: loveandwrestling

Re: dual wrestling - 03/06/12 04:00 PM

I like the idea of dual wrestling in state, but not between districts. We could follow the high school teams and do Big club vs Little club. or East vs West is a suggestion.

Re: dual wrestling - 03/06/12 05:46 PM

the reason i say between districts is to have 4 full teams. kids get more matches that way.
Posted By: HEADUP

Re: dual wrestling - 03/06/12 06:05 PM

We have wrestled alongside the high school before. It was Ft. Scoot vs Pittsburg and Pittsburg vs Chanute. It worked out good, it was sometimes tough to get equal matches, but the kids loved it!
Posted By: loveandwrestling

Re: dual wrestling - 03/08/12 03:58 PM

We could have 8 overall teams. 4 elementary teams and 4 middle school teams. each district gets 1 team per age group.
Posted By: Bones1768

Re: dual wrestling - 03/08/12 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: loveandwrestling
We could have 8 overall teams. 4 elementary teams and 4 middle school teams. each district gets 1 team per age group.

This would be a cool tournament.

Re: dual wrestling - 03/08/12 09:21 PM

i know ryan hartley was talking about this earlier in the year about doing something like this. maybe we can talk to him and see if this is something he is interested in running it. i will see him at districts next weekend.
Posted By: Kansas Wildcat

Re: dual wrestling - 03/08/12 09:55 PM

This is a great idea. What are thoughts on weight classes?

Re: dual wrestling - 03/09/12 02:33 AM

i would say the more kids we can get involved the better.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums