Kansas Wrestling

D3 championship

Posted By: Hawks

D3 championship - 03/22/15 03:34 AM

Really, how do you run out of medals at a district tournament.
Posted By: Lance J. Engel

Re: D3 championship - 03/22/15 09:26 PM

I'm sorry about the mixup on medals, it was in no way Emporia's fault. I order the medals for the hosting clubs for the qualifying tournaments. The previous host should pass there leftovers to the current host. I didn't find them before I left. There was also a misunderstanding with placing the order, I placed our invitational tournament, both subdistrict's, and the district order at one time. It looks like the district order Numbers were the same as the invitational order, which wasn't enough. I apologize to everyone and we'll get it straightened out!
Posted By: Teamroper

Re: D3 championship - 03/22/15 10:34 PM

I would take lack of medals over the marathon in D4.
Posted By: manhattansauder

Re: D3 championship - 03/23/15 01:38 AM

Lance you are a good man and work hard for D3! We appreciate all that you do and human error happens! I'm really impressed with your ownership of the situation. Keep up the good work. Thank you!

Brady Sauder
Posted By: grindtime

Re: D3 championship - 03/23/15 01:46 AM

What happen at d4 tourney
Posted By: ThomasGT

Re: D3 championship - 03/23/15 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Teamroper
I would take lack of medals over the marathon in D4.

Indeed!

Emporia was crowded and it was tough to hear the announcements, but waiting a few days for medals isn't a big deal IMO. Hat-tip to Lance for owning up to what I consider a simple, harmless mistake. Though I didn't like having 10yo's on a 1/4 mat, I'm glad we were all out at a reasonable time.
Posted By: Edflo1

Re: D3 championship - 03/23/15 04:13 PM

My concern was more in regard to facilities. Did I miss a restroom or did the couple my sons used with one stall The only bathrooms available? At times the line was 7-8 deep for a toilet! What's up with Emporia HS?
Posted By: lsburks

Re: D3 championship - 03/23/15 05:33 PM

The facilities were not what we are used to for a district 3 meet, seating was not good, wrestling in multiple buildings, 1/4 mats for 10u, bathrooms where not sufficient, 1 concession stand. Hope folks remember these things when the vote comes up next year.
Posted By: Love My Wrestler

Re: D3 championship - 03/23/15 08:20 PM

I also am not a fan of Emporia facility's, nor the 1/4 mats. We have had a great run @ McPherson, and I certinally hope either the concerns get addressed, or we move the venue. It's tough to drive that far for those accomidations.
Posted By: Izz

Re: D3 championship - 03/24/15 01:49 AM

I knew of 3 different sets of restrooms that were available that my son had used throughout the day. I'll take the medals situation any day over what happened at D4! That sounded crazy...
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums