Kansas Wrestling

Full list of rules and illegal holds

Posted By: lcompton87

Full list of rules and illegal holds - 01/29/17 11:16 PM

I can't get the link to the full list of rules to open properly.
Can someone please post the proper link please.

Re: Full list of rules and illegal holds - 01/30/17 12:15 AM

Is there a written definition on the illegal holds?
Posted By: Beeson

Re: Full list of rules and illegal holds - 01/30/17 12:58 AM

It's in the rulebook.

Re: Full list of rules and illegal holds - 01/30/17 01:10 AM

I couldn't get the link to open the full rulebook to open correctly. Do you know if there is another way to get to it online. Thank you
Posted By: Chase

Re: Full list of rules and illegal holds - 01/30/17 02:00 AM

You can try the mobile app for the rule book

Re: Full list of rules and illegal holds - 01/30/17 12:15 PM

I'll check there. Thank you. But can someone that knows better than me post their input on what is technically considered a full Nelson.
Posted By: Magnum811

Re: Full list of rules and illegal holds - 01/30/17 03:25 PM

e-book available @ www.nfhs.org/ebooks
Posted By: Dot

Re: Full list of rules and illegal holds - 01/30/17 05:59 PM

Clarification needed in reference to returning an opponent to the mat by way of lifting them off the mat while trapping the arm. 1. Potentially dangerous or tech violation? 2. If potentially dangerous, can take-down still be awarded? 3. Is it a judgment call?
Posted By: Magnum811

Re: Full list of rules and illegal holds - 01/31/17 11:12 AM

http://www.kshsaa.org/Public/Wrestling/Main.cfm

Re: Full list of rules and illegal holds - 02/01/17 01:20 PM

I still can't find what the official definition of a full Nelson. Can anyone help please.
Posted By: Beeson

Re: Full list of rules and illegal holds - 02/01/17 01:27 PM

Very simple. Applying two half Nelson's at the same time.
Posted By: Nigel Isom

Re: Full list of rules and illegal holds - 02/01/17 04:11 PM

As Mr. Beeson said, a full helson is two half nelsons applied simultaneously. The NFHS rule book does not give a formal definition for what constitutes a full nelson in terms of exact hand placement. Generally speaking though if the hand is under the shoulder and placed on the side or the top of the head this would be a nelson, so it follows that if both hands are under the shoulders and on the side or top of the opponents head, then this would be a full nelson.

Reference illustration 70 to note that the hands need not be touching or overlapping in order for the move to be considered illegal.

The dangerous nature of the move stems from the downward pressure of the neck, potentially cutting off the air supply, severe strain of the small bones of the vertebrae, and probably most dangerous is that the opponent would typically have no way to brace their themselves from the downward pressure and their head could be driven into the mat with no protection.

Hope this helps.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums