Kansas Wrestling

Officials for State

Posted By: K Ashpole

Officials for State - 02/15/17 01:13 PM

We are fast approaching our qualifying and state tournament. In the past, districts would just vote for officials in their area, there were officials that overlapped areas and were omitted from the selection ballots.

Last year we modified the way that officials are selected for the state tournament. We supplied a list of all eligible officials to each district. At the district seeding meeting, each club was to select 5 officials. We compiled the votes and the top 21 officials were offered contracts for state.

This is important, please discuss with your club and others in your area to identify individuals that you have seen this year and feel would perform a good job at the state tournament.

Please contact me with your questions.

Keith Ashpole
rkashpole@hotmail.com
Posted By: BigBlue6

Re: Officials for State - 02/15/17 11:56 PM

Here is a question--can the officials governing body? somehow collect and distribute the pictures to the districts for voting? cause it sure does help the process
Posted By: Brent Lane

Re: Officials for State - 02/17/17 04:26 AM

I would be willing to take on this project and can have something put together over the weekend. I can send notices to the officials and have them send a picture. Officials, if you see this, send me a picture to lanetimes5@gmail.com with your information, maybe some tournaments you have worked this year. Include which district you would more than likely be considered. If it's more than one that you work, include that.

Re: Officials for State - 02/17/17 02:11 PM

It's a work in progress, but as officials send information it will be posted.
https://sites.google.com/view/usawksofficialsdirectory/home
Posted By: Chase

Re: Officials for State - 02/17/17 05:09 PM

I'll send my modeling pictures.

Would you prefer blue steel or magnum?

Re: Officials for State - 02/17/17 06:09 PM

How is this even a question. Blue Steel of course.
Posted By: Chase

Re: Officials for State - 02/18/17 01:15 AM

You never know .. sometimes they prefer I turn left, other prefer I turn right

Re: Officials for State - 02/20/17 02:40 AM

The officials that have responded thus far;
Billy Chadwick
Dallas Holloway
Kyle Huck
William Nigel Isom
Brent Lane
Jason Miller
Jim Ohlmeier
Scott Schroeder
Colton Steele
Dylon Eck

Clubs, if you know of someone qualified, please encourage them to send me their information and a picture so I can get it in.
Posted By: doug747

Re: Officials for State - 02/20/17 02:48 PM

Glad to see this in the works. I know a lot of good officials, but have no clue what their names are.

Re: Officials for State - 02/20/17 06:17 PM

Added;
Ronnie Bailey
Brandon Goodwin
Mike Reichle
Mike Tovar
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums