Kansas Wrestling

District Performances at State

Posted By: Indianpride

District Performances at State - 03/27/17 12:05 PM

Curious if anyone has district performance data from State?

How did the Districts rank in Top 6 medalist?
Posted By: Mark J Stanley

Re: District Performances at State - 03/27/17 06:25 PM

This is a rough count of team points scored summed by district...

D1 2768
D2 2914
D3 2369
D4 1994.5
Posted By: Daniel DRW

Re: District Performances at State - 03/27/17 07:03 PM

Top 6

D1 - 158
D2 - 186
D3 - 118
D4 - 125

Entries

D1 - 372 (11 were back-fills)
D2 - 387 (19 were back-fills)
D3 - 351 (4 were back-fills)
D4 - 358 (8 were back-fills)

And just for fun .....

D2 5th place qualifier placed 4th at state and a 6th place qualifier placed 6th at state.

D4 had 2 5th place qualifiers place 6th at state.

Re: District Performances at State - 03/27/17 08:42 PM

Thank you Gents.

Do you think this will spur more conversation about spreading the wealth of talent from D1 & D2 to D3 & D4?
Posted By: Daniel DRW

Re: District Performances at State - 03/27/17 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Indianpride
Thank you Gents.

Do you think this will spur more conversation about spreading the wealth of talent from D1 & D2 to D3 & D4?

Personally no I can't imagine why these number would have much of a impact on that. District lines should not be drawn on state final placement numbers.
Posted By: whitewolf490

Re: District Performances at State - 03/29/17 12:43 AM

When will the District/Sub-District information on the website get updated with the new assignments?
Posted By: jeremy sekavec

Re: District Performances at State - 03/29/17 11:36 AM

Geez Indian Pride District 4 now takes up half the state. How much more are you wanting to move? Lets move Salina and Wichita in. Lord know Hutch had a cow when they had to come to district 4.
Posted By: MRGRAPPLER

Re: District Performances at State - 03/29/17 12:13 PM

Just for fun as well as yet standard theme past few years though 6 of the Top 10 teams also in District II. Top 25 spreads out some more.

District 2: 9
District 1: 7
District 3: 6
District 4: 3
Posted By: L.Geyer

Re: District Performances at State - 03/29/17 05:35 PM

With all do respect Indianpride I can't imagine expanding district 4 anymore than they have. Also all honesty our jobs as coaches, and parents at the kid level is to prepare our wrestlers for the next level of wrestling which would be highschool. And they are not going to change reginals around because a wrestler that may have placed will get left home from the state tournament. This happens in reginals every year at the highschool level, it happened in multiple weights at 321a northwest regionals this year, as well as other reginals in other classes as well I am sure. My point being not everyone is a winner at every tournament, and someone is going to get left out. It would be ideal to have the best 16 at state every year, but reality is that won't happen.

Also congratulations to D2 on a strong performance at state this year, I watched several wrestlers from Maize, Kansas Young Guns, and TOHK matches, and these teams have some studs, and a very bright future in the sport.

Re: District Performances at State - 03/29/17 08:30 PM

Point taken L.Geyer & Jeremy and I agree with you.

This post didn't come from a mindset of being left out. My son qualified for State with a 14 man bracket in D2 in fourth place and I'm proud of that. The season was tough each weekend, and we wouldn't want it any other way.

The kids that walk into State with 3 or 4 man brackets are fortunate, but I don't want to change anything.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums