Kansas Wrestling

R. Cotton and Football

Posted By: Dean Welsh

R. Cotton and Football - 07/28/09 03:51 PM

When Mr. Cotton was carrying the football in HS - does anyone have any idea what kind of yardage he was averaging per game? Per carry?

Just curious.

I sure wouldn't want to be the one assigned to bring him down. . .
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: R. Cotton and Football - 07/29/09 01:38 PM

Romero was like Forest Gump, as many yards as he could get. Run Romey Run was one of the top things you heard when he had the ball.

Re: R. Cotton and Football - 07/29/09 04:35 PM

HA! I wish I could have watched him play a game or two. I heard he averaged around 10 yards a carry. Sound correct? Thanks Mike.
Posted By: John Leupold

Re: R. Cotton and Football - 07/29/09 05:58 PM

I heard the other day that he was seen enrolling at Hutch Juco and will be playing there this fall.
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: R. Cotton and Football - 07/30/09 12:50 PM

In all honesty, I had the honor of watching Romey far too times. He actually reminded me of a kid I used to watch quite often when I lived in South Carolina named Stephen Davis from Spartanburg. I don't think Romero is as fast as Stephen, but is certainly more powerful and just as impressive. The irony of that is when living in South Carolina, there was a little guy from Travelers Rest, his name escapes me, but he was a far better running back than Stephen Davis, but never went to college, never played beyond HS. There is irony there for me now, irony I still don't understand.

Re: R. Cotton and Football - 07/31/09 03:58 PM

I found this:

Yds TD
2006 (Jr.) 1,325 20

For 07-08 season: carries yds apc apg long

Season Totals: 180 1361 7.56 104.7 63

td's 29
Posted By: nastyway

Re: R. Cotton and Football - 08/24/09 05:58 PM

So is this true he's going to hutch juco? I wander if he will fight some mma he looked pretty salty wrestling so figured he could do just as well fighting.
Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Re: R. Cotton and Football - 08/24/09 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: nastyway
So is this true he's going to hutch juco? I wander if he will fight some mma he looked pretty salty wrestling so figured he could do just as well fighting.

University of Nebraska Wrestling Roster 2009-2010

Cotton, Romero - 184 - RFr. - Hutchinson, Kan. - (Hutchinson)
Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Re: R. Cotton and Football - 08/25/09 08:56 PM

Published online 8/20/2009 11:18 PM

Hutch News - Sports

(Patrick Traylor/The Hutchinson News) Hutchinson Community College’s Romero Cotton (40) is brought down by Northwestern Oklahoma State defenders during a preseason scrimmage Thursday night at Gowans Stadium.
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: R. Cotton and Football - 08/26/09 02:20 PM

Good for him following his heart, but I will sure miss watching him wrestle!
Posted By: klintdeere

Re: R. Cotton and Football - 08/26/09 05:04 PM

Best of luck to him, it will be fun to follow his progress
Posted By: GregMann

Re: R. Cotton and Football - 08/26/09 05:31 PM

The following was posted on July 20:

Take this for what it is worth--unsubstantiated rumor: a few weeks ago on a KSU Chatboard a poster stated that Romero was interested in playing football again and looking into his options and interest from colleges in Kansas.
Posted By: wrestling67

Re: R. Cotton and Football - 09/02/09 02:55 PM

Congrats Romero, and good luck!

http://www.hutchcc.edu/dragons/redsite/Football/2009%20Roster%20Page.htm

Mel
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums