Kansas Wrestling

Rankings

Posted By: Top Cat

Rankings - 11/24/09 06:24 AM

To all those that do the rankings I would like to say "Thank You". I know it is a thankless job and people always thinking someone should be ranked over another. My son wrestles and I think he should be ranked, but I prefer to let him prove it on the mats. All this jibber jabber about who should be ranked is for the birds. Let them settle it on the mat. Thanks again.
Posted By: Beeson

Re: Rankings - 11/24/09 12:27 PM

I agree, the Ranker's do a great job. My only complaint...why change the rankings a dozen times before the wrestling even starts. The rankings are not going to be 100% no matter how hard they try. Send out the Rankings, wait a month for some wrestling to sort them out and then move them around. Everybody crying about not being ranked or why is this kid ranked is getting old.
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Rankings - 11/24/09 01:54 PM

The primary reason for pre season changes is weight class change information. For the most part, conversation on this forum helps the accuracy of the rankings based on past performance. I believe the rankings help our sport. The newspapers usually have a feature article about the upcoming season and if we had a wrestler ranked at 140 after finding out he's going 171, that hurts our sport and in my opinion is a lazy stance to take. Are we fired up about our sport or are we too busy watching TV?

Keep the info coming!

*Chad... if receiving feedback is not "getting old" to the rankers, you have to hang in there man! smile
Posted By: kshawk

Re: Rankings - 11/24/09 02:01 PM

I agree. Thanks to those who put in the time and effort.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums