Kansas Wrestling

Silver Lake Coach

Posted By: wizboom

Silver Lake Coach - 06/08/10 12:14 AM

I just saw the Silver Lake high school and junior high wrestling coaching job is open.
What happened to Harry?
Posted By: lakemats

Re: Silver Lake Coach - 06/08/10 11:08 AM

resigned last tuesday. took a job selling insurance. not coaching this year. wouldn't be surprised to see him surface again someday though.
Posted By: Travis V

Re: Silver Lake Coach - 06/08/10 01:50 PM

Harry is a great coach and has done so much for the sport of wrestling. I am glad I had the opportunity to coach against him these past few years. I wish him the best and hope to see him back on the mats soon.

The Silver Lake program has done so well in the past I hope they get a great coach to replace Harry. Any ideas who has put in for this job?
Posted By: Enetophobic

Re: Silver Lake Coach - 06/08/10 02:26 PM

I would think it would be a highly sought after job due to the fact of proximity to Topeka. Maybe a younger, straight out of college kid can jump at the reigns and take charge?

Re: Silver Lake Coach - 06/08/10 02:40 PM

harry lamar at silver lake:
-over 200 dual wins
13 league titles
6 straight regional crowns
38 indv regional champs
35 state placers
11 state finalists
7 state champions

the 2 current assistants willy apply including myself. apps are open and i'm sure there will be plenty. biggest problem is there are no teaching positions open in the district. kind of late in the game to have a job open
Posted By: Enetophobic

Re: Silver Lake Coach - 06/08/10 02:48 PM

Maybe be a substitute? But, does that even pay well enough? What other jobs in Kansas are opening?
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: Silver Lake Coach - 06/08/10 02:57 PM

How about a Larry Brown type deal... Cody & Taegen Lambotte??
Posted By: nastyway

Re: Silver Lake Coach - 06/08/10 11:10 PM

tim horgan would be a nice pick former college all american

Re: Silver Lake Coach - 06/26/10 04:08 AM

lake is looking for an assistant jr high and high school assistant wrestling coach. contact me and then we can meet with the administration.

tim horgan
silver lake jr/sr high head wrestling coach
latdropit@hotmail.com
785-393-5312
Posted By: ike

Re: Silver Lake Coach - 06/26/10 05:09 PM

Congrats on the head coaching position Tim! I just saw this post for the first time. I consider Harry Lamar one of the very best...hopefully he'll be back in the mix before too long.
Posted By: klintdeere

Re: Silver Lake Coach - 06/26/10 05:57 PM

Congrats Coach Horgan, you will do great and continue the strong tradition of SL wrestling. My hat is off to Harry, he truly has been one of the great characters,coaches and best supporters of Kansas wrestling there has been in the past 20 years.
Posted By: Kit Harris

Re: Silver Lake Coach - 06/26/10 07:16 PM

Congrats Coach Horgan!
Posted By: Nigel Isom

Re: Silver Lake Coach - 06/27/10 03:11 PM

Oh boy, my job just got a whole lot easier!!!!

Just kidding smile Harry is a great coach and I hope that he doesn't stay completely away from the sport in the future.

Also congrats to you Tim, I look forward to seeing you take on the reins of the great program which Harry built.
Posted By: usawks1

Re: Silver Lake Coach - 06/27/10 04:18 PM

Congrats Coach!!
Posted By: On_the_Mat

Re: Silver Lake Coach - 07/20/10 02:11 PM

keep Chris Schaefer on to help the program as he is familiar with your kids and has built a good rapport with many of them

Re: Silver Lake Coach - 07/24/10 03:06 AM

thanks for the advice. nobody said anything about schaefer leaving or not being a part of our program.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums