Kansas Wrestling

Fantasy warfare....Who wins?

Posted By: Enetophobic

Fantasy warfare....Who wins? - 08/16/10 01:34 PM

Jeff Boyle (3x State Champion from Norton) vs. Atticus Disney (3x State Champ from Andover Central/Shawnee Hts)

Discuss...
Posted By: lakemats

Re: Fantasy warfare....Who wins? - 08/16/10 06:15 PM

boyle was a scary athlete but i give the nod to disney. possibly by fall.
Posted By: tommytuffnutz

Re: Fantasy warfare....Who wins? - 08/16/10 06:18 PM

No way does Atticus beat Boyle. Especially by Fall. Atticus is a stud, but Jeff was a man among boys. Boyle by decision.
Posted By: Kale Mann

Re: Fantasy warfare....Who wins? - 08/17/10 01:10 AM

I was thinking about this after reading the heavyweight history post. I definitely think that Boyle and Disney were the best of the group listed there, they would dominate any other hvy wt on that list (I don't know about the Sainty old timer). I was fortunate enough to wrestle on the same hs team as Boyle so I may be a little biased but I think Boyle wins by 4-5 points. Disney is a great wrestler, and has some funk, but Boyle was brutally strong and fast. I don't think Disney could have taken Boyle down, and I don't think Disney could have stopped Boyle from taking him down. I definitely don't think it would have been a fall, but Boyle wins a tough match here IMO.
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: Fantasy warfare....Who wins? - 08/17/10 02:44 AM

I would put Les Miller or Steve Nave up against Boyle and Disney. They were put together. Miller went on to play for the San Diego Chargers. Not sure about Steve Nave. They battled from 81-83. They were intimidating specimens at the time. Not sure how they would have matched up on the mat but in the alley or parking lot my money would have been on these two warriors.
Posted By: klintdeere

Re: Fantasy warfare....Who wins? - 08/18/10 04:13 PM

Boyle decisions Disney, though I am a huge Disney fan,
Jeff was too much of a specimen strength wise. His finals match
vs. Parks was the most impressive hwt match i have ever seen.
Posted By: GregMann

Re: Fantasy warfare....Who wins? - 08/18/10 05:08 PM

Agree with klintdeere regarding his description of Boyle ("a specimen") and Boyle's 1997 final's match with Cody Parks was unbelievably impressive.

Picked him up, put in the half and crotch and set him down real gentle. Fall in 27 seconds. Cody Parks was a pretty good wrestler in his own right and a big boy, wrestling HWT at FHSU and was a Div II AA.

Jeff spent a season with the Cincinatti Bengals before suffering a career ending knee injury.
Posted By: BrandonPigorsch

Re: Fantasy warfare....Who wins? - 08/18/10 05:24 PM

You can never count Atticus out he has a nasty headlock. If Boyle does not get headlocked he wins.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums