Kansas Wrestling

County Seats...Don't have wrestling?

Posted By: Enetophobic

County Seats...Don't have wrestling? - 09/22/10 07:59 PM

Ok here is a Wikipedia link of all the counties in Kansas. If you scroll down you can find the name of the County, then the County Seat...how many (and which ones) Don't have wrestling?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_counties_in_Kansas
Posted By: GregMann

Re: County Seats...Don't have wrestling? - 09/22/10 08:12 PM

Gove (County seat of Gove County) does not have a school.

Re: County Seats...Don't have wrestling? - 09/22/10 08:45 PM

WOW! That is crazy. Ok a twist on the question...any county not even have wrestling in the county?

Re: County Seats...Don't have wrestling? - 09/22/10 08:54 PM

Off the top of my head (may have kids co-op with other high schools, but I don't think their high schools have teams, as such).

Wallace County (Sharon Springs)
Greeley County (Tribune)
Lane County (Dighton)
Stanton County (Johnson City)
Hodgeman (Jetmore)
Hamilton (Syracuse)
Pawnee (Rozel)

Re: County Seats...Don't have wrestling? - 09/22/10 09:18 PM

98 counties with wrestling? Anybody else know of counties without?
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: County Seats...Don't have wrestling? - 09/23/10 04:00 AM

One thing that counties in Kansas have in common with high schools... We have WAY too many of both. Ridiculous waste of tax dollars.
Posted By: back in the day

Re: County Seats...Don't have wrestling? - 09/23/10 12:26 PM

Quinter the largest town in Gove County had wrestling for a few years but the high school cancelled the program.
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: County Seats...Don't have wrestling? - 09/23/10 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: back in the day
Quinter the largest town in Gove County had wrestling for a few years but the high school cancelled the program.

Here is a good plan... If your HS plays 8 man football or doesn't have a wrestling program it is time to join up with the nearest high school that will permit you to field a real football team and a wrestling program! smile
Posted By: REVOLUTION

Re: County Seats...Don't have wrestling? - 09/23/10 08:07 PM

Barber, Kiowa, Commance-notin' but pasture. Clark started wrestling last year @ Meade

Re: County Seats...Don't have wrestling? - 09/23/10 08:39 PM

A few years ago a plan of consolidation was advanced that was based on whether or not a community was capable of sustaining a MacDonald's restaurant and at about the same time another plan had to do with the development of regional school districts based, somewhat, on the same criterion used to determine the location of Wal-Marts. So, Will's proposal certainly makes no less sense than those.

There ARE situations where there is no one close to join. The counties I referenced above are are all over 500 square miles and already have only one high school.

And yes, I know about Rooks County having three high schools.

Posted By: tigersgirl

Re: County Seats...Don't have wrestling? - 10/10/10 01:00 PM

Cherokee Co. has 4 High Schools 3 are border schools only 4 or 5 minutes apart. 2 are 3A Galena and Riverton and 2 are 4A Columbus and Baxter Springs. Talk has spread about consolidation of the border schools in years past, but the flow of tears out weighted common sense. We do however still hold the State record for most welfare receivers and meth labs per capita in KS yyeeeeaaa.
Posted By: S Biddle

Re: County Seats...Don't have wrestling? - 10/10/10 03:06 PM

So now your saying if you play 8 man football your not playing real football. Ill take my little High School over a BIG high school any day. My kids are getting a better education. More one on one time with the teachers.
Posted By: farmboy4

Re: County Seats...Don't have wrestling? - 10/12/10 01:18 AM

Kingman does not have a team.. kids either have to drive 30 miles to chaparral or 20 miles to cheney which just split from garden plain to form their own team.
Posted By: Matt Jones

Re: County Seats...Don't have wrestling? - 10/12/10 04:22 PM

Girard, county seat of Crawford County does not have wrestling.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums