Kansas Wrestling

Butt Drag....What is next??

Posted By: Coach Prieto

Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/28/10 04:48 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcCgjSxlWec[/b]
Posted By: Enetophobic

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/28/10 06:03 PM

So if the judge rules it was harrassment, does that mean that the move becomes illegal? Wrestling is dying on the west coast as it is...now this?! By the way, got to love the coach with the "When in doubt" comment.
Posted By: Coach Brown

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/28/10 06:22 PM

What ever happened to the good ole red belly to welcome freshman in, ohh ya you can not do that anymore either.
Posted By: PurpleDad

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/28/10 08:50 PM

Butt Drag has nothing to do with this unfortunate situation.....it is an over reaction or bullying. A 30 second oil check is not part of wrestling, never has been, never will be.
Posted By: Paratroop

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/28/10 09:29 PM

Just FYI, under KS state statue, it'd fall under rape. No intent needed, just digital penetration.
Posted By: HEADUP

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/28/10 10:18 PM

this is sooo ridiculous, i don't know where to begin.
Posted By: Bender

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/28/10 10:50 PM

I think always during any wrestling event a police officer should be sitting matside. As soon as any law is broken (ie assault every match because it happens to be a combat sport) the criminal (wrestler) should be immediately taken to prison with no trial.
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/28/10 10:52 PM

I drag my butt out of bed every morning at 5am to go to work. I agree, it is no fun, and I shouldn't be allowed to harass myself that way. All kidding aside, I believe that is an inappropriate move at best.
Posted By: wrestlerecruiter

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/28/10 11:06 PM

I think this is a slippery slope. Some of these examples are obviously exaggerated for the sake of making a point, but once the door gets open for this type of complaint, there is no end in sight. It is an unfortunate fact that society today is rife with people willing to sue and/or charge for even the smallest of slights. It is the litigious nature of many to seek redress for all of life's injustices, be they real or imagined.
That being said, I do, in fact agree with ReDPloyd in that in this particular case if the details are correct, it was an inappropriate move at best.

How's that for walking the top of the fence?
Posted By: Lehigh

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/29/10 12:20 AM

I grew up in Fresno and am the parent of a new novice wrestler. Needless to say, this caught my eye when I was checking the Fresno news a couple of weeks ago. If the Fresno paper is telling the whole story, this is a pretty straight up case of a bigger kid assulting a smaller kid and then hiding behind a wrestling move. The court date has been kicked out to January so what affect (effect? that one always gets me) the case has on the greater wrestling world will have to wait until then.

C. Andrews

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/29/10 01:26 AM

butt drags don't penetrate butts, sick people do. end of story. guns don't kill people, people kill people. this shouldn't have any bearing on the move, or innocent wrestlers. BUT this is America and sorry to say we will probably end up policing society instead of policing the criminals, hope not, but seems like we are getting softer, and the easy way is the American way.

case in point: we couldn't play football in the snow in Philly. WTHeck??? Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry, Chuck Knoll, Papa Bear Halas???? what would they say???

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/29/10 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: HEADUP
butt drags don't penetrate butts, sick people do. end of story. guns don't kill people, people kill people. this shouldn't have any bearing on the move, or innocent wrestlers. BUT this is America and sorry to say we will probably end up policing society instead of policing the criminals, hope not, but seems like we are getting softer, and the easy way is the American way.

case in point: we couldn't play football in the snow in Philly. WTHeck??? Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry, Chuck Knoll, Papa Bear Halas???? what would they say???

OMGosh...Headup!! Thank you for that much needed laugh! You are so right about the policing of society...I couldn't agree more.
Posted By: hit it hard!

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/29/10 03:19 AM

To all the kids reading this forum please remember that this type of sick behavior must be stopped if witnessed! It is criminal. The link below is from a simular incident in a state much like KS.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258500,00.html
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/29/10 03:26 AM

HEADUP,

I don't think that we are getting softer. I do think that many of our citizens are getting more warped, more obese, more criminal, more desperate, and more dependent. For the last ten years we have been fighting two wars on two different fronts. The men and women of our military have had to become tougher, stronger, more committed, focused, and dedicated.

Most wrestlers are very similar to our military forces. They have to reach a level that many people in our society either can't, or don't want to. That is what separates them from some of their peers. Hopefully, because of that toughness, strength, commitment, focus and dedication, they will be successful in life.

I apologize for sounding so dramatic tonight, but I read some stuff today about a 19 year old combat medic who rushed to the aide of a fellow soldier in Afghanistan under hostile fire and lost his life. That was about a month ago. When we consider the part of our society that has become weak, we need to look to the youth of our society that will continue to make us a great Nation. Otherwise, our children won't have much to look forward to.

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/29/10 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: wrestlerecruiter
I think this is a slippery slope.

can't decide whether this is a GREAT or POOR choice of words. LOL.

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/29/10 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: HEADUP
Originally Posted By: wrestlerecruiter
I think this is a slippery slope.

can't decide whether this is a GREAT or POOR choice of words. LOL.

Purposefully great...my opinions may not all be valid, but my word choice most assuredly is! LOL..We have a mutual humor admiration society going here.
Posted By: RedStorm

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/29/10 07:48 PM

A cross-face is legal; a fish-hook is not. A butt-drag is legal; digital penetration is not. I hope this kid is prosecuted if it turns out to be confirmed. Coaches that are still teaching the “five-on-two” hold should take notice, you will be next.
Posted By: Coach Brown

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/29/10 11:32 PM

Ohh DeWitt your post = me laughing!
Posted By: Paratroop

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/30/10 01:37 PM

I hope any one who carries the title of Coach isn't laughing if it happens to one of their wrestlers, or any wrestler for that matter. I just can't phantom that some will think this isn't a big deal. I hope this is something would be stopped immediately. If those that are teaching kids that this is OK, and let it go on, then I have no issue with Law Enforcement or the Courts stepping in to make it right. Someone has to make sure it doesn't continue. This type of stuff has no place on the mat, or those that thinks its ok.
Posted By: rockyhorror

Re: Butt Drag....What is next?? - 12/30/10 10:52 PM

in college would that be considered 30 seconds of riding time?
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums