Kansas Wrestling

Tyler Caldwell Goddard HS NCAA D-1 Finalist

Posted By: Husker Fan

Tyler Caldwell Goddard HS NCAA D-1 Finalist - 03/19/11 02:17 AM

Tyler Caldwell, Goddard HS 2009 and Oklahoma University, won his 165 lbs semi-final match tonight and will be wrestling for the NCAA Division I championship tomorrow night.

Tyler, Congratulations and Good Luck Tomorrow.
Posted By: Mike Juby

Re: Tyler Caldwell Goddard HS NCAA D-1 Finalist - 03/19/11 02:24 AM

What a great semi-final match. Purely guts & conditioning that won it for him in the end.
Posted By: Paratroop

Re: Tyler Caldwell Goddard HS NCAA D-1 Finalist - 03/19/11 03:18 AM

Was awesome! We were jumping up and down in our living room. Good for him! Go Tyler!
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: Tyler Caldwell Goddard HS NCAA D-1 Finalist - 03/19/11 11:50 AM

Tyler hope you remember that time at Cadet Duals, you know what I am speaking of. We were watching and were proud of you. You continue to carry yourself as a man.

Re: Tyler Caldwell Goddard HS NCAA D-1 Finalist - 03/19/11 02:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Juby
What a great semi-final match. Purely guts & conditioning that won it for him in the end.

I agree. I could not believe how he battled that defending National Champion. That one sideline reporter was talking early in the match like it was destiny that Howe was going to be facing Burroughs in the final. I told my wife as we were watching and listening that he is counting Tyler Caldwell out way too early.

What really stunned me was how well Tyler held down Howe when he was on top during those 30 second overtime periods and it ended up being the difference. I was convinced that Tyler was going to have to win with a takedown before that. I never thought he could beat Howe that way. What a great match he wrestled.

I know there was not a lot of scoring but it was a great match for wrestling fans to watch. It was like a great pitching and defensive baseball game.
Posted By: Dean Welsh

Re: Tyler Caldwell Goddard HS NCAA D-1 Finalist - 03/19/11 03:17 PM

Good point on the reporter counting Tyler out. Just like those two announcers last year did when the 'other' Caldwell wrestled and BEAT Metcalf. Boy did they have 'foot in mouth' disease after that one.

Too bad about D. Caldwell's shoulder injury. Rats and darn. I would have liked to see if he could have repeated as a champ if he would have stayed injury free.

Originally Posted By: Husker Fan
Originally Posted By: Mike Juby

I agree. I could not believe how he battled that defending National Champion. That one sideline reporter was talking early in the match like it was destiny that Howe was going to be facing Burroughs in the final. I told my wife as we were watching and listening that he is counting Tyler Caldwell out way too early.

What really stunned me was how well Tyler held down Howe when he was on top during those 30 second overtime periods and it ended up being the difference. I was convinced that Tyler was going to have to win with a takedown before that. I never thought he could beat Howe that way. What a great match he wrestled.

I know there was not a lot of scoring but it was a great match for wrestling fans to watch. It was like a great pitching and defensive baseball game.
Posted By: usawks1

Re: Tyler Caldwell Goddard HS NCAA D-1 Finalist - 03/19/11 04:49 PM

Congrats Tyler ... now go get it!!
Posted By: Coach Brown

Re: Tyler Caldwell Goddard HS NCAA D-1 Finalist - 03/19/11 09:36 PM

That announcer who was giving the match to Howe before it was even over was former National Champ Jordan Leen, go figure! Congrats Tyler it is awesome when a Ks kid does so well!
Brown

Re: Tyler Caldwell Goddard HS NCAA D-1 Finalist - 03/19/11 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Coach Brown
That announcer who was giving the match to Howe before it was even over was former National Champ Jordan Leen, go figure! Congrats Tyler it is awesome when a Ks kid does so well!
Brown

Are you sure it was Jordan Leen who was giving the match to Howe? I thought Jordan Leen was being interviewed with questions about a potential Burroughs and Howe final by the sideline interviewer whose name I do not know. But I thought Leen responded to it by saying IF that matchup happened here is what to expect. I really had the impression it was more the interviewer who was asking the question as if a Burroughs-Howe final was inevitable. I could be mistaken though.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums