Kansas Wrestling

Impact Freshman & Other Information

Posted By: Kainisable

Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/03/11 05:26 AM

I was curious who were some incoming freshman that would likely have an impact on the high school level in Kansas next year? I can think of one right off hand but I don't know where is going to school, Isaac Dulgarian. Just wanted to know what newcomers to keep an eye on.

Also is KSHAA going to group 4a-6a back in Wichita or is 4a staying at the Bicentennial Center in Salina? I remember going as a kid to that in Wichita and though it was neat they had it grouped together.
Posted By: sportsfan02

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/03/11 09:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Kainisable
Also is KSHAA going to group 4a-6a back in Wichita or is 4a staying at the Bicentennial Center in Salina?

4A is contracted to Salina through 2013. So it can't happen till 2014 at the earliest.
Posted By: RimRock

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/03/11 03:37 PM

Zak Henesly (Frontenac)

Taylor Watkins (Columbus?)
Posted By: effwhyeye

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/05/11 11:55 AM

Bump
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/06/11 12:02 PM

Tristan Star, LHS.
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/06/11 06:00 PM

Lawrence High line up

Star
Girard
Harrelson
Lynch
Denning
Conklin

Off the top of my head, pretty tough group. They might contend for the 6A title.
Posted By: Gable Fan

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/06/11 09:00 PM

Any idea of weight Star will wrestle?

Also, Isaac D. Is he wrestling for Paola?

Thanks
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/07/11 04:35 AM

Isaac D. will NOT be at Paola. However, I have no idea where he will be wrestling.

Just guessing but Starr will probably be 113?

Another "Impact FR"
Matt Pratt FR for SJA Thunder.

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/08/11 12:31 PM

Cole Brothers (Chanute)
Posted By: Paratroop

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/09/11 02:50 AM

Cole brothers, Adam and Chase are crazy tough! Zac and Taylor will both make impacts. I heard from the wind that Issac maybe at STA...it was the wind talking though..you never know with that guy. Matt Pratt is very solid and a tough kid. Always liked to watch him wrestle.

Tristan will be where is coaches need him at.

I am exited to watch Colton Stalford, Logan Terrill, Jake Goldstein, Nick Haug, James Jurgens, Branson Sandoval, Willie Diekman, Tyler Harris, Armond McCray, Issac Russell, Justin Rieschek, and Khamin Crow during the upcoming season. All were very impressive to watch on the mat during the last few seasons. Will be fun to watch them as freshman and I am sure they will give a few upperclassman some fits and make an impact. I know I forgot quite a few others I've watched so am sorry but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head. There are a couple who were tough in 14 under but not sure if they will be freshman this next year. Good luck to all the freshman for the upcoming season!
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/16/11 03:25 PM

Isaac Dulgarian - St. Thomas Aquinas
Posted By: bug

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/16/11 07:57 PM

I would think Girad would wrestle 113 and star 106. Or would it be the other way?

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/17/11 05:32 PM

Armond McCray and Sean DeShazer will help Wichita Heights reload!

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/17/11 05:37 PM

Ben Ewing will be welcomed at STA along with Dulgarian. Add transfer Zach Hoskins from SMN and the Saints look to crack the upper echelon of 5A again!

Henes
Hoskins
Dulgarian
Golubski
Ikenberry
Williams
Ewing
Perz
Mason

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/17/11 09:24 PM

I can't see this group not being in the upper echelon. Darn tough line up with loads of character. I also can't say enough about the parents of the wrestlers in this line up that I know. I wish them the best this season.
Posted By: gardner2x

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/18/11 01:03 AM

it's a shame that these kids wont represent there hometown and wrestle where they live

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/18/11 01:33 AM

I understand what you are saying. Most of these young men wrestled for the STA Kids' club and I don't have any problem with some of them coming back to wrestle for the STA high school team.
Posted By: gardner2x

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/18/11 07:55 PM

agreed ^^^ but when a school gives a ast coaching job to a kids parent just to recruit thier kid, i believe there should be some line drawn. Does the parent keep the coaching job after his son graduates? Come on now...
Posted By: pete77

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/18/11 08:16 PM

No one schould say wear a kid goes to school except his or her parent,and weather its sports, academics,or how good the school is in making good young men and women, plus you are not paying for his tution,

Ok so maybe issac vs bo at regionals ,then repeat state finals,
Hell yea going to be a good match, ill be there like always

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/19/11 02:03 AM

I expect Isaac at 120 and Bo at 132.
Posted By: Jack Otero

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/21/11 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Paratroop
Cole brothers, Adam and Chase are crazy tough! Zac and Taylor will both make impacts. I heard from the wind that Issac maybe at STA...it was the wind talking though..you never know with that guy. Matt Pratt is very solid and a tough kid. Always liked to watch him wrestle.

Tristan will be where is coaches need him at.

I am exited to watch Colton Stalford, Logan Terrill, Jake Goldstein, Nick Haug, James Jurgens, Branson Sandoval, Willie Diekman, Tyler Harris, Armond McCray, Issac Russell, Justin Rieschek, and Khamin Crow during the upcoming season. All were very impressive to watch on the mat during the last few seasons. Will be fun to watch them as freshman and I am sure they will give a few upperclassman some fits and make an impact. I know I forgot quite a few others I've watched so am sorry but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head. There are a couple who were tough in 14 under but not sure if they will be freshman this next year. Good luck to all the freshman for the upcoming season!

All exciting and great wrestlers!! I coached a James and Branson very proud of them. Need to add a few others like Dawson Sandoval and TEVIN BRISCOE should be added to this list!
Posted By: hotrodder54

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/22/11 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: gardner2x
it's a shame that these kids wont represent there hometown and wrestle where they live

I don't see the problem with looking to greener pastures. Higher education, good coaching, great partners and a school support system. Seem like good choices to me. Gotta do whats best for the kid.
Posted By: Jack Otero

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/22/11 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: hotrodder54
Originally Posted By: gardner2x

I don't see the problem with looking to greener pastures. Higher education, good coaching, great partners and a school support system. Seem like good choices to me. Gotta do whats best for the kid.

Amen Brother!
Posted By: firehawk88

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/29/11 12:42 PM

I would have to agree with Bronson. I watched Crow wrestle at Sunflower State Games and he was impressive.

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/30/11 06:12 PM

Colton Stalford – Caney

Logan Terrill – Norton?

Jake Goldstein – Augusta

Nick Haug – Olathe North

James Jurgens – Garden City?

Branson Sandoval –

Willie Diekman – ACCHS

Tyler Harris – Atchison

Armond McCray – Wichita Heights

Sean DeShazer – Wichita Heights

Khamin Crow – Silver Lake

Matt Pratt – SJA

Isaac Dulgarian – STA

Ben Ewing – STA

Zac Hensley – Frontenac

Adam Cole – Chanute

Chase Cole – Chanute

Tristan Star – Lawrence

Tevin Briscoe - Garden City

Posted By: ksuwrestling2

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/30/11 10:30 PM

Pretty sure Harris and Rieschek are only in eigth grade.

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/31/11 09:30 AM

Not sure on Rieschek, but Harris should be a freshman this year.

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/31/11 11:42 AM

Harris is a Freshman and Rieschek is in 8th grade.

Willy Dieckmann will be going to ACCHS
Posted By: up4wrestling

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/31/11 10:11 PM

Hopefully Lucas Lovvorn will be in the mix some where...it should be an exciting year...got to get thru football but looking forward to wrestling!

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/31/11 11:11 PM

Lucas is an exceptional wrestler. I wouldn't bet against him making some noise his freshman year.

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 08/31/11 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: firehawk88
I would have to agree with Bronson. I watched Crow wrestle at Sunflower State Games and he was impressive.

I have also seen Khamin wrestle and he is one tough youngster. He will do well in his high school career.
Posted By: Paratroop

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 09/01/11 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: up4wrestling
Hopefully Lucas Lovvorn will be in the mix some where...it should be an exciting year...got to get thru football but looking forward to wrestling!

Lucas should be in the mix and I am looking forward to keeping up on him this season!

Chief, I know Terril wrestled for Ark City and Sandoval for Garden City, don't know if there's other info out there though.

Also I'd add Will Holland from Linn County. Tough kid!

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 09/01/11 09:24 AM

Good call Bronson. Holland put together a very good Kid's career and should do well in high school.
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 09/01/11 09:12 PM

I am pretty sure the Sandoval brothers are in the 8th grade.
Posted By: Chase

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 09/01/11 10:05 PM

Did I miss the announcement on the new weights this year?! 106, 120, 132?! ha

Something that I think is always interesting to think about is who you think the kids stars coming up that WON'T make an impact at the next level or transition that well. I remembered a handful of kids in my day that were monsters in kids .. only to get beat up on the next 4 years in highschool, or even quit.
Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 09/02/11 07:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Chase
Did I miss the announcement on the new weights this year?! 106, 120, 132?! ha
The new weights were announced last April by the NFSHSA.
Posted By: sportsfan02

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 09/02/11 07:51 AM

Something that I think is always interesting to think about is who you think the kids stars coming up that WON'T make an impact at the next level or transition that well.

Probably not something that needs to be speculated on right here.

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 09/02/11 09:37 AM

I remembered a handful of kids in my day that were monsters in kids .. only to get beat up on the next 4 years in highschool, or even quit.

The wrestlers that are very good in the Kid's series will usually hold their own at the high school level. The heavier they are as a freshman, the tougher the road is since they will see more upper classmen who are more physically developed. I wouldn't be too worried about the beat up part, the burn out is what you have to be concerned with.
Posted By: nastyway

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 09/02/11 09:36 PM

Tyler Michael from burden, probally spelled the last name wrong to Ark City runner up

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 09/03/11 12:10 AM

I have to admit, I had to look up Burden on Google search. Both of my brothers spent some time at Southwestern College, but I only visited Winfield once. Anyway, good luck Tyler on your freshman campaign.
Posted By: lil white boy

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 09/04/11 01:00 AM

IS anyone in the way of bo at 32 or is there any tough matches for him at that weight?
Posted By: badbo

Re: Impact Freshman & Other Information - 09/04/11 11:29 AM

Not the Thread for this topic, but to quickly answer your question. There is plenty of challenges for Bo at 32 or whatever weight he decides to go. Stokes, Watters, Maki, Williams, Schumacher, Shoemaker, and Prescott could all be at 32 or around there. And most of those are 5A. Any of them can give Bo all he wants or beat him on any given day. Bo will need to keep focused on the issue at hand, and working every day to get better.

Now back to the topic of the thread. Thanks for your interest in Bo however. Good luck to all this upcoming season!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums