Kansas Wrestling

WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN.

Posted By: MATT-FAN

WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/19/13 05:19 AM

What happens if this winter storm coming through wednesday and thursday affects teams from being able to make it to their respective state tournament sites, mainly the 3A & 4A tournaments?
Posted By: Dylan Campbell

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/19/13 02:30 PM

I have an email and voicemail in to the 321a tournament director. If I hear back from him I'll be sure to post his response as soon as possible.
Posted By: back in the day

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/19/13 02:34 PM

Western Kansas folk know how to drive. They would think it a challenge even if I-70 was closed, to find another way to Hays or Salina.
Posted By: sportsfan02

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/19/13 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: back in the day
Western Kansas folk know how to drive. They would think it a challenge even if I-70 was closed, to find another way to Hays or Salina.

Don't they all drive their tractors to Hays anyway?
Posted By: RJW1

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/19/13 02:54 PM

Can they have the tourney on Sat-Sun or is that a "no-no?"
Posted By: Ricky Bobby

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/19/13 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: sportsfan02
Originally Posted By: back in the day

Don't they all drive their tractors to Hays anyway?

Nope, horse and buggy is the primary mode of transportation out to Hays, so they'll have to hook up the sled instead of the buggy.

But I'll be willing to make drop offs at all the State Tournaments in my car. You'll just have to put up with my co-pilot...
Posted By: Chris Stivers

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/19/13 03:07 PM

Sunday is out there is already another Tournament scheduled for the Bi that day.
Posted By: ROBERT M. GONZALES

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/19/13 03:20 PM

This is what all High School s in Kansas received today.

The KSHSAA continues to monitor the potential for a winter storm on Wednesday and Thursday. At this time, the KSHSAA plans to follow the current state wrestling schedule. Any changes to the schedule will be posted on the KSHSAA web-site, posted on twitter, and sent out to our member schools via email. We ask that everyone please plan accordingly for safe travel.

RMG

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/19/13 03:37 PM

Here is the link to the KSHSAA page where I assume they would post any new updates: http://www.kshsaa.org/Public/Wrestling/Main.cfm
Posted By: MATT-FAN

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 03:45 AM

I realize that rescheduling the state tournaments would be a major headache, but what is the kshsaa thinking? they are predicting 12 to 18 inches of snow with freezing drizzle, lets think about the safety of the student athletes and all the family and friends traveling in these conditions plus the mess with that kind of snow getting in and around the bicentenial center, and the city of salina.
Posted By: houndpower

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 09:54 AM

The school districts may not allow teams to travel
Posted By: Warriordad

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 10:14 AM

The Marion wrestlers are leaving this morning.
Posted By: smokeycabin

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 10:55 AM

Radar has snow flying already in southern and south central part of the state.
Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 11:56 AM

Silver Lake is leaving this morning.

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 11:59 AM

Colby is leaving in about two hours.

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 12:27 PM

Oakley is leaving this morning. Also have heard that other NW Ks schools are doing the same.
Posted By: Crossface King

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 12:32 PM

Goodland is hitting the road at 8:00 am mountain time.
Posted By: J. Dale

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 01:09 PM

I left on Monday morning and made it the 15 miles but still nobody here. Just kidding, good luck and be careful
Posted By: H Stewart

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 01:41 PM

How do you plan for safe travel in a blizzard,it would be nice to hear from kshsaa, and let us know what there thinking,before we drive 300 miles in a blizzard.
Posted By: Thompson

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 01:51 PM

https://www.facebook.com/KSHSAA/posts/377215315718652
Posted By: H Stewart

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 02:00 PM

Thanx for info. hopefully rodes will be cleared and sun shining Fri. Thanx again.
Posted By: wrestle nuts

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 02:08 PM

I realize the weather is not good but you just can't change dates for bif events like this. Arenas are booked way in advance its not like a ballgame the you can just put off a few days. Not sure what you really expect kshaaa to do.
Posted By: C. Morgan

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 02:30 PM

No whining...Im coming in from Central MO. Leaving at noon today to make a 12PM start Friday. Wish me luck.
Posted By: REVOLUTION

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 04:33 PM

Chaparral has arrived in Hays.
Posted By: master blaster

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 05:01 PM

One of the other threads is showing that wiegh ins and wrestling start times have been moved back 2hours.
Posted By: Allie

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 05:05 PM

Effingham left at 9:00 this morning.
Posted By: WillyM

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 05:25 PM

KSHSAA ANOUNCEMENT

** Due to the current and expected weather conditions throughout the state, all state wrestling will be put on a 2 HOUR DELAY for Friday February 22. Weigh in will begin at 9:00 AM and first round competition will begin at 12:00 PM. The second round will begin 15 minutes after the conclusion of the first round. This is for all state sites. **
Posted By: Bauerly

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 07:36 PM

I find it funny that they even give a darn, for there is no TV or radio coverage of the State Championship Wrestling Tournament.
Posted By: Bronco Wrestler

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Bauerly
I find it funny that they even give a darn, for there is no TV or radio coverage of the State Championship Wrestling Tournament.

Which tournament are you talking about?

KOOD / Smoky Hills Public TV out of Bunker Hill covers the 321A State Tournament in Hays, televising the quarters (I think), semis for sure, finals, and consolation finals for sure. 100.3 The Ride, 97.9 Hot Country, 101.1 KFNF, 101.9 Y102 all provide coverage of the state tournament in Hays. openspacessports.com provides online streaming & audio of a lot of matches.

So I guess I'm confused which one you're talking about.
Posted By: wrestlingspectat

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Bauerly

What tournament are you talking about?

KSHSAA is broadcasting the ENTIRE 4A State Tournament @ www.kshsaanetwork.com

You should probably do some research before making such posts.
Posted By: shak4z

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 08:15 PM

KSEK 99.1 will be broadcasting from 4A
Posted By: doug747

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 08:30 PM

Is that the Ryan Jilka DJ'd broadcast?
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 11:17 PM

LHS rolled out this afternoon. I am wishing everyone safe travels the next two days. This is what wrestling families do. It will be rough for many if the predictions are right. Please drive as safe as you can.

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 11:30 PM

Still sitting outside the arena and no sign of life

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/20/13 11:40 PM

As long as there is no sign of death, I think you're good to go Jerry. That place will liven up soon enough and it should be a lot of fun once everyone gets there safe.
Posted By: Nedly

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/21/13 01:24 AM

Jerry Dale, Save me A seat!!

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/21/13 03:10 AM

Majority of schools in Kansas closed - will be interesting what their decision on travel will be

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/21/13 01:46 PM

See they will be making more modifications to the schedule,ask you to check the website on an hourly basis
Posted By: TMun

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/21/13 01:56 PM

** 2/21/13 - 8:30 AM -- The KSHSAA will be making further modifications to the state wrestling schedule. Please keep checking the website on an hourly basis for more information.

http://www.kshsaa.org/Public/Wrestling/State.cfm
Posted By: objective

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/21/13 02:57 PM

Is there anyone that is NOT already in Hays

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/21/13 02:58 PM

I am not in Hays, but I do plan on being in Park City tomorrow, rain or shine.
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/21/13 02:59 PM

Shawnee Mission Schools were kept in KC last night by the District! That logic escapes me.

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/21/13 03:17 PM

Per KDOT- routing traffic off 35 south by Emporia as semis stuck on the highway
Posted By: Coach Samson

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/21/13 03:24 PM

** 2/21/13 - 8:30 AM -- The KSHSAA will be making further modifications to the state wrestling schedule. Please keep checking the website on an hourly basis for more information. **

Just read this on kshsaa site
Posted By: Nate Naasz

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/21/13 03:32 PM

Sylvan-Lucas is not in Hays
Posted By: John Johnson

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/21/13 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Shawnee Mission Schools were kept in KC last night by the District! That logic escapes me.

A budget decision I am sure. Don't let these people know about your rankings. The way budgets are being cut they will probably just decide that State is not necessary. Just use the rankings to decide who gets medals.

My son said the majority of the 321A teams had made it to Hays. The storm is set to end by this afternoon. Whether this will go on or not is under discussion from what I understand.

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/21/13 04:01 PM

Our school will be very disappointed in KSHSAA if this tourney doesn't take place on Friday and Saturday given the money we have spent to get to Salina before the storm hit. I mean they sent us an email that basically implied that you better get to Salina or tough!
Posted By: CoachS

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/21/13 06:02 PM

J. Dale where are you were up at hartman rolling mats out. Sure could use some help.

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/22/13 03:23 AM

Look me up and I can show you the picture of the empty parking lot. Been waiting since Monday. If I knew how to post the pic on the forum I would.

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/22/13 10:27 AM

Originally Posted By: J. Dale
Look me up and I can show you the picture of the empty parking lot. Been waiting since Monday. If I knew how to post the pic on the forum I would.

Jerry, I hope that the parking lot is empty (of snow) once we get there. Surely they had it plowed before all the vehicles start rolling in?

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/22/13 02:30 PM

I've got one shovel and a sore back. Really could use some help

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/22/13 02:43 PM

Sorry Jerry, I am smoked from all of yesterday's shoveling, and I'm talking SMOKED!
Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Re: WINTER STORM & STATE TOURN. - 02/22/13 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: J. Dale
I've got one shovel and a sore back. Really could use some help
You are the man Jerry. I will be there about 12:00 P.M. and hope you have my space up close to the door cleared.

Thanks in advance!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums