Kansas Wrestling

Wakeeney Regional

Posted By: publicenemy

Wakeeney Regional - 02/21/14 06:28 PM

I made the trip to Wakeeney today even though it was a lengthy one. I have been here before and should of known, but this is the worst ran regional I've ever seen. How do they get approved to run this type of tournament?
Posted By: GregMann

Re: Wakeeney Regional - 02/22/14 01:38 AM

Started exactly on time and finished the day's schedule at 7:15 p.m. What the heck are you talking about?
Posted By: schooner

Re: Wakeeney Regional - 02/22/14 02:13 AM

We were at the Regionals in Wakeeney today and thought it was well run. I also was pleased that it started on time. The announcer was very easy to understand. I saw a lot of good sportsmanship from wrestlers and spectators!

Public enemy (curious about your user name), just what are you talking about?

Once again, my family thought this was a very organized regional experience for everyone! It takes a lot of work to organize an event like this, and I give Wakeeney an A+ !
Posted By: L.Geyer

Re: Wakeeney Regional - 02/22/14 03:39 AM

Did someones son get beat 1st round?
Posted By: JCBrown

Re: Wakeeney Regional - 02/22/14 01:16 PM

Not for sure which tournament public enemy was at because the Wakeeney regional could not have been ran any better
Posted By: A. Oncewas

Re: Wakeeney Regional - 02/22/14 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By: L.Geyer
Did someones son get beat 1st round?

That's funny!! I've been watching online and everything seems to be going smoothly. I also wondered about the intent of this post. It surely was not from someone who has been involved with organizing an event like this. I was gonna guess that with the lengthy drive, someone wasn't used to having trouble finding a seat at a wrestling tournament.
Posted By: publicenemy

Re: Wakeeney Regional - 02/22/14 09:55 PM

My apologies on this post. A friend had called during my drive and said there was going to be a delayed start because the brackets were not finalized, which went with other things I was hearing and seeing the brackets weren't posted. Again, I apologize and it was a great event of wrestling and a lot of upsets (atleast I think). See you all in Hays.
Posted By: L.Geyer

Re: Wakeeney Regional - 02/23/14 12:21 AM

So let me get this straight. You talk about being at the Wakeeney regional and how bad it is being ran, but when you are called out, you back pedal and say someone told you about it. It appears to me you are trying to stir $h!t up.
Posted By: Coach Malay

Re: Wakeeney Regional - 02/23/14 12:22 AM

Interesting fact for the WaKeeney Regional that my wife informed me of since she helped run the track program. 151 of the first 200 matches ended in pin or tech fall.
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: Wakeeney Regional - 02/23/14 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Coach Malay
Interesting fact for the WaKeeney Regional that my wife informed me of since she helped run the track program. 151 of the first 200 matches ended in pin or tech fall.

That is crazy. It sounds like a battle of the haves and the have nots.
Posted By: Dylan Campbell

Re: Wakeeney Regional - 02/23/14 01:24 AM

It was a VERY well run tournament. Thank you to wakeeney for the effort you put in. Really one of the best regional tournaments I've been to...other than only qualifying three:)
Posted By: Holliday Hays

Re: Wakeeney Regional - 02/23/14 01:29 AM

The West Regional was done by 6:30!? Are you kidding me? Great Regional, with the exception of no coffee in the hospitality room. Work on that for next time, Malay!
Posted By: 321a Wrestler

Re: Wakeeney Regional - 02/23/14 07:13 AM

No Village People before the finals.
Posted By: Coach Malay

Re: Wakeeney Regional - 02/23/14 03:35 PM

Lol. Come on. The crowd was having fun.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums