Kansas Wrestling

District II Sub-district Tournaments - 2014

Posted By: RichardDSalyer

District II Sub-district Tournaments - 2014 - 03/11/14 09:20 PM

There has been confusion regarding the District II Sub-district Qualifying Tournaments and I would like to clear up a few areas of concern I have received questions about.

1. Yes, there will be two Sub-district qualifying series tournaments. The South will be hosted at Wellington High School and the North hosted by Bishop Carroll Catholic High School.

2. Wrestling at each Sub-district are the following divisions, 8 & Under, 9 & 10, 11 & 12, 13 & 14 and an optional High School Division.

3. The four (4) Qualifiers from Sub-district to District will be determined in the 8 & Under, 9 & 10, 11 & 12, 13 & 14 Divisions.

4. There will be no weight allowance, finger pulling, eye gouging, etc.

5. In the North at Bishop Carroll: Wrestling Begins: 1st session - 9:00 a.m. (9 & 10, 11 & 12, and 13 & 14) 2nd session- approximately 1:00 p.m. or as soon as morning session is over (8U and Open High School Division)

6. In the South at Wellington High School: Wrestling Begins: 1st session - 9:00 a.m. (9 & 10, 11 & 12, and Open High School Division) 2nd session- approximately 1:00 p.m. We will not start before 1:00 p.m. (8U and 13 & 14 Divisions)

7. The Open High School Division is open only to District II clubs registered at the time of the seeding meeting and only those high school wrestlers signed up with their USAW Kansas Kids Team.

8. As this is the first in the series of qualifying tournaments leading up to the State Tournament all participants will pay a $20.00 entry fee, which, with the exception of a very few high school wrestlers has been paid at the seeding meeting. Any new high school wrestler wishing to participate and signed up after the deadline must pay the $20.00 entry fee.
Posted By: Sig

Re: District II Sub-district Tournaments - 2014 - 03/11/14 09:51 PM

I see the interesting part about the "District II clubs registered at the time of the seeding meeting". Does this apply next week for Districts also when the HS divisions will be wrestled for real?
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums