Regionals

Posted By: Teamroper

Regionals - 11/30/16 04:02 PM

They are out....

http://kshsaa.org/Public/Wrestling/RegAssignments.cfm
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Regionals - 11/30/16 04:13 PM

Wow...

6A in Hutch will be a mini state tournament. NINE ranked teams in that regional!
Posted By: RJW1

Re: Regionals - 11/30/16 04:19 PM

Should be fun to try to find motel rooms in the Hutch area with the 6A regional in Hutch and a 4A regional in Buhler! Great work, KSHSAA!

Re: Regionals - 11/30/16 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: RJW1
Should be fun to try to find motel rooms in the Hutch area with the 6A regional in Hutch and a 4A regional in Buhler! Great work, KSHSAA!

No kidding, Buhler's first Regional since 1995 and stack a Hutch regional on top of it.

Better be making travel plans asap.

Re: Regionals - 11/30/16 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Teamroper
Originally Posted By: RJW1

No kidding, Buhler's first Regional since 1995 and stack a Hutch regional on top of it.

Better be making travel plans asap.

Buhler certainly deserves to host a regional. We were saying that none of us on the Colby staff have ever been there for a regional and I've been at Colby since 2001. I knew it had been awhile.

It just doesn't make since to put a 6A regional in Hutch as well. We already made our travel arrangements first thing this morning for our team. I hope our fans and parents get on it soon as well!

Re: Regionals - 11/30/16 05:37 PM

100% agree

Not only from a housing perspective, now we have to scramble for sponsor support and things like that.

Nothing against either program, just at the same time doesn't make sense.

Re: Regionals - 11/30/16 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Teamroper
100% agree

Not only from a housing perspective, now we have to scramble for sponsor support and things like that.

Nothing against either program, just at the same time doesn't make sense.

Yep! It is weird timing. I'm sure it will all work out fine, but it seems like an avoidable situation! Both place will do a great job hosting, but perhaps KSHSAA should avoid having Hutch and Buhler host the same year??
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: Regionals - 12/01/16 03:18 AM

Two sixteen team regional tournaments have the maximum wrestler count of 448 wrestlers. That is the size of a small kids tournament. Hutchinson, host of the Kansas State Fair, can easily house that number plus fans and parents. Shouldn't be an issue.
Posted By: sportsfan02

Re: Regionals - 12/01/16 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Cokeley
Two sixteen team regional tournaments have the maximum wrestler count of 448 wrestlers. That is the size of a small kids tournament. Hutchinson, host of the Kansas State Fair, can easily house that number plus fans and parents. Shouldn't be an issue.

Plus, some of the local schools at each tournament will not require overnight accommodations and for the Buhler regional, Newton is close enough to stay there.

Re: Regionals - 12/01/16 02:02 PM

In reality 4 teams from Buhler regional will travel possibly. The Hutch regional 6-8 could travel.

That makes it look a little different.

Just so you know the State Fair is a poor comparison for Hutch to be able to accommodate anything. There typically isn't a room for 1.5 hours away and a large portion of folks rent their houses out for incredible amount, not to mention the camper spots. I think Hutch could triple if not more the hotels and still not have enough for the fair, but then they would sit 10% full the other 355 days of the year.

The NJCAA tournament is a little better.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums