Kansas Wrestling

P4P best wrestler

Posted By: Wrestlin Scholar

P4P best wrestler - 02/26/18 03:52 PM

Whose the best P4P best wrestler in the state this year? Try not to be biased and give me a good reason why.

Thought I might start list with national rankings, but KS isn't getting much love this year. In Intermat and Florankings, only guy I saw ranked is Fisher from Goddard at 170 and that was #19 on Flo.

So is Fisher toughest grappler in Kansas. Im out of state so I don't get to see personally.

While were at it, anybody verballed or signed D1 this year?
Posted By: Coach Malay

Re: P4P best wrestler - 02/26/18 03:58 PM

Dayton Porsch of Hoxie had 32 pins this season. Went undefeated. Only wrestled 2 full matches. One was against the 138 lbs state champ that he beat 10-1, and Boone of VC that he beat 8-2. I haven't seen many kids at his level.
Posted By: Bassman

Re: P4P best wrestler - 02/26/18 04:03 PM

Second on Dayton Porsch. No one on his level in any weight class.
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: P4P best wrestler - 02/26/18 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Bassman
Second on Dayton Porsch. No one on his level in any weight class.

e
Love Dayton but Conner Ward handled him in GR and FS last summer. Dayton doesn't get the exposure to the competition that Beeson, Ward, Fisher, etc. do.
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: P4P best wrestler - 02/26/18 05:07 PM

Nobody has the national hardware that Jace Koelzer has.

SIX TIME FARGO ALL-AMERICAN and a USAW FOLKSTYLE NATIONAL CHAMPION!

I will be posting my annual SUPER SEVEN soon.
Posted By: Ryno Q

Re: P4P best wrestler - 02/26/18 05:08 PM

My vote would be Dayton Porsch also
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: P4P best wrestler - 02/26/18 06:13 PM

My vote for this year's P4P best in Kansas...

TROY FISHER
Posted By: Wrestlin Scholar

Re: P4P best wrestler - 02/26/18 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Nobody has the national hardware that Jace Koelzer has.

SIX TIME FARGO ALL-AMERICAN and a USAW FOLKSTYLE NATIONAL CHAMPION!

I will be posting my annual SUPER SEVEN soon.

How does a kid like that not get a national ranking? That seems odd. Does he have any wins over the ranked guys?
Posted By: bmeans

Re: P4P best wrestler - 02/26/18 06:27 PM

My Vote TROY FISHER
State Tournament 4 pins in 4 minutes total mat time
45-0
KC Stampede Winner
Win over #12 Ranked Redlin at Preseason nationals
Ranked #19/#20 Nationally depending on Poll
Posted By: L.Geyer

Re: P4P best wrestler - 02/26/18 06:52 PM

I would say Dayton Porsch. He was ahead of all matches by a minimum 10 pts before he pinned his opponents at state. All of them were 13 or more points except finals and I believe it was 10 pts ahead before the pin and this was against a very good 45-0 wrestler going into the finals. I admittly have not seen some of the other wrestlers in the state, but Dayton was by far the most dominant wrestler in Hays this weekend.
Posted By: WrestleBack

Re: P4P best wrestler - 02/26/18 06:59 PM

My vote would go to Troy Fisher. That kid is an absolute beast! I've seen a lot of wrestlers this year from many many schools in the state and he stands above the rest.

There is nothing flashy to this kid. No special moves, no wasted movements. He simply goes out, handles his business. He is cold, calculating, has nearly flawless technique and he dominated. Once he has won, he gets up, shakes hands, gets his hand raised, and then heads back to wait for his next match.

Think he has lost a total of 3 matches over the past two folkstyle seasons. A loss to Sammy Cokely at the Texas Outlaw in OT, Last year in the finals in the tie brakers to undefeated Nathan Butler by 1 point. And this season at USA Pre Season Nationals by 1 point.
Posted By: badbo

Re: P4P best wrestler - 02/26/18 07:01 PM

Fisher. One of the toughest schedules in the state and plowed through it.
Posted By: Chase

Re: P4P best wrestler - 02/26/18 07:57 PM

Troy Fisher ... just wow
Posted By: jason koelzer

Re: P4P best wrestler - 02/26/18 08:58 PM

ranked guys Jace beat, #2 Michael Colaiocco, #7 Nic Aguilar, #12 Kyle Biscoglia. Dayton is a stud,not sure he is even the best 45lb in State. Fisher or Parrish are at the top
Posted By: Dirty South

Re: P4P best wrestler - 02/26/18 09:48 PM

Regarding the D1 commit question, Marcus Robsinson from Ark City signed with the University of Buffalo to wrestle, and they are D1.
Posted By: david heidrick

Re: P4P best wrestler - 02/27/18 12:52 AM

Braden Morgan - pin, tf, tf, pin in the state tourney. Less than two minutes for the first tf, 2:10 for the second tf. 34 second pin in the finals vs Gavin ware who is also 4th in these very same p4p rankings. Gotta count for something. Also heard something about him and Oklahoma or Oklahoma state?
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums