Kansas Wrestling

Wamego Summer League

Posted By: Chris Stivers

Wamego Summer League - 05/10/18 04:02 PM

Who: Any wrestler who will be in grades 6-12 during the 2018-19 school year.

Where: Wamego High School Wrestling Room -- Located west of the main building & south of the student parking lot.

What: An opportunity for wrestlers to compete and learn new technique during the off-season. We will have 30 minutes of warm-up and drilling from the neutral position with technique taught by Coach Brown and Charbonneau. Then we will group wrestlers into groups of 3-4 based on weight and wrestle a round robin format trying to get each wrestler 2-3 matches per night. All wrestling will be done from the neutral position. The only way a wrestler can secure a fall is to take their opponent from feet to back. Matches will be 3 minutes in length with the wrestler with the most takedowns during the 3 minutes being the winner. If a wrestler is able to get a 5 takedown advantage, they will be awarded a technical fall and the match will end. In the event of a tie at the end of the three minutes, the wrestlers will wrestle sudden victory until a takedown is secured.

When: Wednesday nights -- June 6th, June 13th, June 20th, June 27th
Warm-up and Drilling will start at 6:30 pm
Wrestling will start at 7 pm

Cost: $25 for all four nights -- Please make checks out to Wamego Wrestling

Name: ___________________________________

Grade: ___________________

Weight: ________________ (To be completed upon registration)

Parent Contact: _______________________________
(Name and Number)

I acknowledge and assume the risks involved in this undertaking. I approve of my child’s attendance and certify that he / she is in good health and is fit to participate. I understand that there are inherent risks in this activity, which have been considered and which the signed assumes.

Parent / Guardian Signature: ____________________________________

Date: _________________
Posted By: Coach K. Brown

Re: Wamego Summer League - 05/18/18 06:02 PM

Bump
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums