Kansas Wrestling

Classifications

Posted By: greendog

Classifications - 10/31/18 06:32 PM

What is the cut off for 321A and 4A in this year's KSHSAA classifications. If I remember correctly wrestling was not going to follow the new classification adjustments that all other sports were using. Is this accurate?
Posted By: RJW1

Re: Classifications - 10/31/18 06:49 PM

40% of the schools WITH wrestling in 4-3-2-1A will be 4A in wrestling and 60% of the schools WITH wrestling in 4-3-2-1A will be 3-2-1A.

Re: Classifications - 10/31/18 07:03 PM

D
Originally Posted by RJW1
40% of the schools WITH wrestling in 4-3-2-1A will be 4A in wrestling and 60% of the schools WITH wrestling in 4-3-2-1A will be 3-2-1A.

Do you know where that split actually sits?
Posted By: Mike Juby

Re: Classifications - 11/01/18 12:00 AM

KSHSAA will not release the split until after the Alpha weigh-ins, to determine which schools will have wrestling teams. At the rules meeting in Salina, Mark Lentz said he expected to announce the split around the same time as the regional assignments are announced.

Re: Classifications - 11/01/18 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Juby
KSHSAA will not release the split until after the Alpha weigh-ins, to determine which schools will have wrestling teams. At the rules meeting in Salina, Mark Lentz said he expected to announce the split around the same time as the regional assignments are announced.

Thanks Mike!
Posted By: NWKFAN#1

Re: Classifications - 11/23/18 03:27 PM

Any guesses or information on where the line between 321A and 4A? It should come out soon, but the wait is killing me! The teams I follow most will be 321A either way, but where Scott City ends up will really impact the state tourneys! Any guesses??
Posted By: dagwood

Re: Classifications - 11/23/18 06:01 PM

Scott City will definitely be a factor regardless of what classification they end up. Only a guess but I think the dividing line will be Scott City or Colby.
Posted By: RightCall

Re: Classifications - 11/26/18 04:35 PM

Any word on when Classifications will be released? And best of luck Kansas, as it is competition week!
Posted By: RJW1

Re: Classifications - 11/26/18 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by RightCall
Any word on when Classifications will be released? And best of luck Kansas, as it is competition week!

I would guess the classifications and regionals will be released by KSHSAA sometime next week.
Posted By: CoachRoberts

Re: Classifications - 11/29/18 04:12 PM

New classifications aren't posted, but regional assignments are up on the KSHSAA website. Looks like the 4A and 3-2-1A split happened between Colby (3A) and Scott City (4A).
Scott City enrollment- 254
Colby's enrollment- 250
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums