Kansas Wrestling

Please help - Randy Lowe needs heart transplant

Posted By: Lancasterfamily

Please help - Randy Lowe needs heart transplant - 08/31/20 02:34 PM

Many of you know Randy Lowe - he has been coaching wrestling in Kansas since the late '80's and has been the head coach of Blue Valley West High School's wrestling program since the school opened in 2001. Randy and his wife Staci are both teachers and coaches. In late July, Randy was diagnosed with advanced congestive heart failure and is in need of a transplant. He was approved for and placed on the transplant list recently. Please pray for the Lowe family and consider a donation to help them with their medical expenses, particularly if Randy has to be out of work for an extended period of time. Here is a link to the GoFundMe site we set up for them - there is also a link there to their CaringBridge site so you can continue to follow Randy's progress. Thank you!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/randy-lo...=email&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Re: Please help - Randy Lowe needs heart transplant - 09/08/20 02:08 PM

Update from Staci, per her Facebook post early this morning, Monday, 9/8/20: "God is amazing! Got the call at 8:30 last night (Sunday), transplant is scheduled for 6:00 a.m. (Monday morning, 9/8). Please pray for comfort for the amazing family that has given us this amazing gift and for the fantastic medical team that will take care of Randy during all of this! All prayers greatly appreciated! Love, the Lowe Family".

Re: Please help - Randy Lowe needs heart transplant - 09/08/20 05:23 PM

Per Randy's brother Bill: Great news! The heart is in and Randy is doing well. He is expected to be in ICU for 4-5 days. Please keep Randy, the Lowe family and the donor family in your prayers.

Re: Please help - Randy Lowe needs heart transplant - 09/09/20 09:56 PM

Randy is making good progress. Breathing tube came out this morning and by noon he was sitting up in a chair and talking to his family.
Posted By: smokeycabin

Re: Please help - Randy Lowe needs heart transplant - 09/11/20 12:54 AM

That is outstanding!!
Posted By: Coach Malay

Re: Please help - Randy Lowe needs heart transplant - 09/11/20 04:47 PM

Awesome news!

Re: Please help - Randy Lowe needs heart transplant - 09/11/20 11:27 PM

Today's update from Staci per CaringBridge site (9/11/20):

Randy was moved out of the ICU last night into a regular room and is doing great! He has been on his feet and out of his room going on walks several times a day. If things continue to progress well and his heart biopsies on Monday are good he will go home on Tuesday. Thank you so much for all of the prayers! We have been truly blessed by the generous gift that was made by the donor family! Please continue to pray for the donor family and that Randy’s body not reject his new heart!

Re: Please help - Randy Lowe needs heart transplant - 09/15/20 03:29 PM

Good news keeps on coming! Randy has continued to progress in his recovery and gets to go home today (Tuesday, 9/15)! Thanks for everyone's prayers and financial support! I know how much it means to Randy and Staci - they are overwhelmed with gratitude!

Re: Please help - Randy Lowe needs heart transplant - 09/16/20 09:59 PM

From Randy: Friends and family! What an incredible last 7 weeks! Just got home today 7 days after undergoing Heart Transplant surgery at KU Med. I am doing absolutely fantastic and feeling so blessed! Staci and I can't begin to reach all of you that prayed for us and have helped us already in so many ways. I just wanted to say Thank you to each and every one of you! We have felt so much of God's love through all of you! I feel like the most blessed man alive right now. I get a new start with a new Heart! I am so unbelievably grateful, yet heart breaks for the donor family!! God bless them and their family! Its amazing feeling the love and missing old HS friends! Don't hesitate to reach out. Love you all!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums