Kansas Wrestling

The 4A State Shootout

Posted By: Nigel Isom

The 4A State Shootout - 02/20/05 01:40 AM

Wow after seeing the results from Regionals this week, 4A State is looking to once again be the most closely contested and exciting class again. The top 3 ranked teams in 4A all at the same regionals and all within 20 points of each other. SFT only finished 3.5 points behind Abilene, there is no doubt in my mind now they will be in the top three this year. It almost makes me wonder where Goodland will fit into this equation. Once again its all going to come down to where each teams wrestlers get matched up, who ever has the easiest 1st and 2nd round matches is probably going to take this tourny.
Posted By: ThreePointBuck

Re: The 4A State Shootout - 02/20/05 07:26 AM

Don't leave Andale out of the mix. They put all seven of their qualifiers in through the front side. They have a lot of fantastic freshmen. I was very impressed with all of them.
Posted By: chewie

Re: The 4A State Shootout - 02/20/05 05:23 PM

Out of the Concordia regional

Abilene 8 qualifiers
Clay Center 9 qualifiers
SFT 10 qualifiers
Posted By: lil_sharpe_007

Re: The 4A State Shootout - 02/20/05 06:06 PM

Goodland= 13 qualifiers
Colby= 9 qualifers
Scott City= 6 qualifiers
that's all i can remember right now for qualifiers from the colby regionals
Posted By: SCWRESTLINGFAN

Re: The 4A State Shootout - 02/20/05 07:10 PM

correction goodland only made 11 qualifiers
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: The 4A State Shootout - 02/20/05 09:29 PM

Quote:
Once again its all going to come down to where each teams wrestlers get matched up, who ever has the easiest 1st and 2nd round matches is probably going to take this tourny.
I think Abilene has a pretty good draw on about 5 weights out of 8. I think a very nice draw came to Palmer who has the good possibility of making the semis. Ross has a road that I think is pretty simple, but then again you could put him against anyone in the bracket and he'll major them at least.

Kind of odd that Abilene, Clay Center, and SFT went 1,2,3 with 8,9, and 10 qualifiers.

I said SFT to win state at the Begining of the year, but who knows now, could be a really fun race to watch.
Posted By: justsomewrestler

Re: The 4A State Shootout - 02/20/05 10:28 PM

cant forget columbus who had 5 1st place finishes at the rose hill regional and blew every team out of the water im not exactly sure on the team points but at one time i think columbus was winning by over 50 points
Posted By: SEK Man

Re: The 4A State Shootout - 02/21/05 01:51 AM

Columbus in a blowout, I wonder who called that one?
Posted By: Itoldyouso

Re: The 4A State Shootout - 02/21/05 03:30 AM

Go Trails
Posted By: Ulysses112

Re: The 4A State Shootout - 02/21/05 04:01 AM

I think goodland is gonna make a run for it this year. although cloumbus is supposed to be tough i see alot of talent coming from goodland.
Posted By: lil_sharpe_007

Re: The 4A State Shootout - 02/21/05 04:12 AM

Goodland will prolly take state this year
Posted By: Itoldyouso

Re: The 4A State Shootout - 02/21/05 04:19 AM

I think this year will be one of the best 4A state finals well ever see. Good Luck to everyone.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums