Kansas Wrestling

HIgh School Brag Bag

Posted By: Baron

HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/10/04 04:55 PM

I am really interested in each of your wrestling accomplishments. So here is an open topic where you get to beef yourself up and tell us all how great you are or were!!! (But only in high school wrestling...no freestyle or college.)

Tell us things like:
- Who you wrestled with
- Who kicked your fanny
- Who you fanny kicked
- Your solo accomplishments
- Your team accomplishments
- All the colleges that tried to recruit you...
- etc...

Have Fun!!
Posted By: kansas kid

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/10/04 06:00 PM

no college achievements?

College Wrestling- Seperates the men from the boys.

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/10/04 06:28 PM

Just on this one...I'll (or you can) make a college brag bag on the college wrestling thread. The same with freestyle...
Posted By: TomG

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/10/04 06:33 PM

I only have one claim to fame in HS wrestling, and it has been years. I use to throw this kid named Junior around the wrestling room when we both first started wrestling. Turns out Junior (now going by his given name Townsend) Saunders won a Silver medal in the olympics. I also shared a wrestling room with J.R. (now Don "the Predator") Frye of UCF fame. He was a senior when I was a freshman.
Posted By: vothON

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/10/04 10:04 PM

i went 12-15 on jv this year in my first year wrestling. does that impress anyone?
Posted By: fris kitzgerald

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/11/04 12:33 AM

no sorry it doesn't
what impresses me is that you admitted that you where on jv this year.

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/11/04 12:34 AM

but you know what i'm a jv allstar , i suck on varsity but jv i am stellar
Posted By: Chase

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/11/04 12:55 AM

ummm I get my fanny kicked by edgmon and every once and awhile I take him down...how's that?

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/11/04 02:51 AM

i do hope you caught the sarcasm....
Posted By: LancerM

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/11/04 03:11 AM

Nope, sarcasm rarely works online. Try italicizing the sarcastic words, that's what most people do.

And I suck at wrestling. And life.
Posted By: rocknraider

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/11/04 05:54 AM

I got tech falled by Earl Jones my soph yr at 112lbs at the Prairie View Tourney. Pinned by James Ball and Tony Trevino in the same tournament(BVNW). Good times.....

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/11/04 01:56 PM

I knew Brandon Eggum in high school. Our teams wrestled each other all the time. I always wanted to wrestle him, but he was 171 and I was 189.

My junior year our team was ranked #5 in the nation and my senior year we were #2. That was the year we got to to fly to Cleveland and wrestle in the Ironman tournament. We wrestled against schools from all over the country!! That was great!!!
Posted By: wichitawest215

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/11/04 02:18 PM

my sophmore year i was undefeated on jv at augusta but i was 3-3 varsity
Posted By: wichitawest215

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/11/04 02:21 PM

i have wrestled more state champions and state placers. i also have wrestled a national champion when i went to Augusta
Posted By: Pups4Ever

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/11/04 05:52 PM

Let's see... wrestling accomplishments:

Winning record my senior year (only year with a winning record)
4a State qualifier senior year
TVL League champions junior year
TVL League Runners-up (never knew plural of that) sophomore year

Now wrestling hall-of-shame moments:

Senior year:
Got pinned (pretty quickly) by Jordan Bedore at the state tournament.
Went 2-and-out at state.
Lost to a kid I had previously beaten at Eureka tourney at league tourney to end up with third.
Fredonia Tournament: 2nd round championship bracket: Lost to Daniel Petroski; 2nd round consolation bracket: Lost to eventual 3-2-1a 3rd placer Blake Zimmerman (HOW THE HECK DOES THAT HAPPEN?!). He had on a knee brace and I only hurt him enough to finish our match but not to continue the tournament (crap!!). Worst part was the person he would have had to wrestle, I'd already beaten the week before. Gotta say that made me a little mad.

Junior year:
Nothing of note (except losing record)

Sophomore year:
Lost several times to 275 3-2-1a state-placer Rodger Kraft. He usually pinned me very quickly and every time I had to face him, I'd just try something really really crazy/stupid.
I had a very bad record (don't remember it, but what the hay?)

Freshman year:
*ahem* I set a West Elk High School record that is still standing to this day. If you look at their "wrestling records" you'll notice the "fastest pin" says "Kraft, 9 seconds, '99-'00." That was me that he pinned.

Sure, I was never great, but I love wrestling a lot.
Posted By: wrestlingbabe

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/11/04 06:52 PM

to that chase guy.......tommy is hot!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: P. Pitbull's Old Dog

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/14/04 12:27 PM

That ain't nothing. I got a story for you. I am the reason they have a tech fall in Freestyle.
Down at the Ponca City open way back in 1978 I got my butt kicked 51-2. It looked like I had won 2-1 beacuse the flip chart only went to 50. It was against a 3 timer from OK, Tommy Osbourne (no not the Nebraska coach).
He just kept cheap tilting me when I shot in on a single leg. I still can't put down a chicken leg till I'm done with it. JUST LET GO ! ! !

Say What?

Coach Peterman
Posted By: Pups4Ever

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/14/04 04:26 PM

I am not worthy!
Posted By: OLTYMER

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/14/04 06:31 PM

Here is a good one. In 1983, we were wrestling the school for the blind out of KCK. They had some good kids but my record was decent and I was pretty cocky that i could beat a blind kid. i was winning fairly easily when we started the third period with me on top in referees position, my opponent popped out a prosthetic eyeball, it wobbled out on the mat and I threw up immediately, my coach forfeited the match and my opponent let me know after the match that it worked every time for him.

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/14/04 07:51 PM

haha...thats a classic
Posted By: Computerized Shoes

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/19/04 02:22 AM

thats hilarious OLTYMER:

I once did a running backflip off a wall in our wrestling room after an 11 set of sprints. It was the most magnificent feeling until I tried it again...

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/19/04 12:25 PM

My Junior year, I upset the third and second ranked guys in state to make it to the finals where I got pinned in just over a minute!!! Uggg...
The next year I was ranked #1 all year and wound up losing by one point in the first round of state.
Posted By: Shamus

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 06/02/04 09:26 PM

Who wrestled 189 in ARK city last year? HE pretty much made me look like I had never wrestled before and also going against Justin stark in a wrestle-off avery week was always fun. It wasnt that bad because it only lasted less than a minute each time. But I did score 2 points on him once (takedown) I got tons of escapes but that was only because he let me up so he could take me down again.

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 06/03/04 01:23 AM

hey wichitawest..I hear your 275lbers mom's name is gay cox....is that forreal???
Posted By: iFeelFat

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 07/07/04 04:01 AM

shut up cheese
Posted By: whodathunkit

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 08/17/04 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by P. Pitbull's Old Dog:
That ain't nothing. I got a story for you. I am the reason they have a tech fall in Freestyle.
Down at the Ponca City open way back in 1978 I got my butt kicked 51-2. It looked like I had won 2-1 beacuse the flip chart only went to 50. It was against a 3 timer from OK, Tommy Osbourne (no not the Nebraska coach).
He just kept cheap tilting me when I shot in on a single leg. I still can't put down a chicken leg till I'm done with it. JUST LET GO ! ! !

Say What?

Coach Peterman
Posted By: Little Buster

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 08/19/04 02:03 AM

one time at band camp
Posted By: Little Buster

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 08/19/04 02:04 AM

and yes everyone, after a summer of tv superstars and packman video games im finaly back

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/20/05 05:41 PM

BUMP
Posted By: wrestling is cool

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/20/05 05:57 PM

this year i got embarassed by Lance Roe in the fianls at Norton. He made me look like a little kid. It was also intimidating with all those blue jay fans.
Posted By: TCarmona

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/20/05 06:38 PM

I hate round robin trnys

I beat Jacob Klien (1998) who won this trny. and Lost to the worst kid in the bracket. I think I got 3rd or 4th. Some kid once asked for my autograph. I was kind of in shock. Well I guess he thought I was Bo Maynes till his friend told him he had the wrong guy.
Posted By: hayhouse

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 12:48 AM

i lost to jeff peterson does that count???
Posted By: Bronco Wrestler

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 12:56 AM

the jeff peterson?
Posted By: Coach Brown

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 01:12 AM

When I was a sophmore, I had never seen a mat before then, Chirs Tillman (Beau's older bro) convinced me that a bye in a tourney was a real guy. Named John Blue Bye, so to make a long story short I actually walked out on the mat expecting to wrestle some dude named John Bye. As it turned out I was an idiot and was a joke on the team the rest of the year. I never won a medal until I was a junior.
I got my behind kicked a few times too..once by Brit Madison from Useless and once by Steve Mesa from Garden City. But by far the worst was Jeremy Vath from Salina Central my Junior year. He was winning 14-0 and I was crawling to the line. He pulled me to his chest and walked me in bounds on his knees, then he pinned me. I got him back though I beat him in college.
Coach Brown
Posted By: Michael Malay

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 01:20 AM

I got booed at the norton dual this year cause i forearmed on the back of the head there senior 189 pounder on senior night. I was the only one that one a match in that dual

I can throw a lateral drop pretty good.

(Reason for the foreamrn will be kept witheld)

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 01:49 AM

As the newspaper sports editor for the Pony Express (RHS newspaper) I must correct this

I got booed at the Norton dual this year, because I fore-armed on the back of the head. It was their Senior 189 pounder on Senior Night. I was the only one that won a match in that dual.

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 01:49 AM

Being a HS student, I myself may have made a few mistakes. Please forgive myself.
Posted By: gjt2008

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 02:30 AM

As a freshman at state I upset a 30somethin-1 senior and went on to win it.....A few weeks later at kids state I got beat in the finals by someone who I beat twice......pretty embarrassing

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 02:59 AM

gjt2008
Member # 3068

just gonna take a stab at the identity of yourself? would you be the Trison Graham sp? of Ark City? Congrats on the upset, even though it a bit of an upset, congrats on the title.

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 03:00 AM

GJT2008
G-Last Name (Graham)
J- Middle Name (James?)
T- First Name (Trison)
2008- Graduation Year

I'm a genius, and from Russell
Posted By: LoveToWrestle

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 03:31 AM

Well I have wrestled some pretty decent guys... here's the list...
Sophomore year ...
Cody Garcia first round at Rose Hill...
Ryan Bohnning...
Russell Freeman...was up by 1 when i got caught in a move and lost by 4.
Joey Herschee...
Junior year ...
Daniel Elsrode
Nathan Delforge..lost by 2
Chase Moses...lost 2 times 7-1 both times...
Luke Geske...
Bishop Price...Won by tech fall(got a lot better his next year, and beat me 9-4 senior year)
Kaleb Lowmaster...Beat him at regionals 5-1
Aaron Ellison...got reversed in the final seconds to qualify for state 4-2(state champ next year)
Senior Year ...
Thomas Pipes...3 times..ouch!
Aaron Ellison 3 times...6-3 at regionals other 2 times were scary...
Kaleb Lowmaster 3 times...Total war everytime we battled...lost by 2-3 each time...
Cody Garvin...lost 9-3
Alex Ryan...2nd match at state, had to forfeit due to an injurt early in the match...was in on his leg might i add...most deffinitly would have had the takedown... :p

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 03:32 AM

Never really had any great wins, only great opponents worth losing to...

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LoveToWrestle:
Alex Ryan...2nd match at state, had to forfeit due to an injurt early in the match...was in on his leg might i add...most deffinitly would have had the takedown... :p
you probably would have, but what happened exactly? I didn't mean to hurt you, no one ever does, but I didn't think I did anything out of the ordinary....

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 03:52 AM

Freshman Year
Wrestled JV so don't have the stats

Sophomore Year
Kyle Cook Hoisington, 1-6
Micah Chrisinger Cozad Nebraska (Nat'l ranked), 1-12
Clay Madden Norton, 1-5
Mark Samuelson Oakley, 10-2
Jay Ingraham Kearny, 1-15
AJ Heckel Ulysses, Got Pinned
Rusty Wickham Hays High, Got Pinned
Marcus Wimer Buhler, 1-11
Clay Madden Norton, 2-11
Trevor Richard, 7-22

Junior Year
Justin Hejny Hoisington, 7-15
Simon Orozco Ellsworth, Got Pinned
Tait Weatherbee TMP, 0-9
Coy Cox SES, Got Pinned
Coy Cox SES, Got Pinned
AJ Heckel Ulysses, Got Pinned
Justin Hejny Hoisinton, Got Pinned
Justin Hejny Hoisington, 6-8
(possibly a few more, cannot remember don't have my stat sheet)

Senior Year
Logan Dreiling Scott City, 0-3
Tait Weatherbee TMP, 0-8
Brandon Kaup Phillipsburg, 0-4
Isiah Patzowski Salina Central, 0-7
Doug Stroot Andale, Got Pinned
Kaleb Lowmaster El Dorado, 5-7

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 12:14 PM

Bronco Wrestler

"GJT2008
G-Last Name (Graham)
J- Middle Name (James?)
T- First Name (Trison)
2008- Graduation Year"

**** you must see CSI every night!

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 12:17 PM

Lets see i'm Jacob Klein's cousin. Thats about all i have

I once wrestled Danny Grater like 2 years ago when a kid was sick and he didn't pin me till the third. lol although he was playing with me i still felt proud that me sunfish went 2.1 periods lol.

Oh and in Freestyle i know i know freestyle doesn't count but i threw Joseph Cornejo on his back. He must've really really really been sick. he still beat me 10-9 but i still threw him. sorry joseph don't kill me now ok please.

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 01:48 PM

One summer I was on a really good team for natinal duals in Edmond oklahoma, but that doesn't make me good. hahahah. Shawn Bunch, Shawn Sylvas,Dusty May just to name a few.

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LoveToWrestle:
Well I have wrestled some pretty decent guys... here's the list...
Sophomore year ...
Russell Freeman...was up by 1 when i got caught
Junior year ...
Chase Moses...lost 2 times 7-1 both times...
I can't figure out who you are....

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/21/05 06:42 PM

LoveToWrestle would be Cory Shetler from Rose Hill, you could check 4A-130lbs State bracket. But that's who it is

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/22/05 12:06 AM

Sure enough...and it's Corey*...happens all the time... Man I can't figure out what happened w/ Lowmaster, I dominated him junior year at regionals, but this year I could never seem to beat him. I was beating him by 3 one match and ended up losing by 2. Same thing with Ellison...

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/22/05 12:09 AM

Ow and what happened was when you pulled my arms together when i had the sweep single, it popped a rib in my upper chest, and tore some cartilage. Hurt pretty bad, and was just able to start lifting about 2 weeks ago.

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/22/05 12:18 AM

Sorry COREY :p , yea I should have beat Lowmaster but I was sick but it's no excuse and he's the one with a State Medal, I have a patch to say I qualified. Yea I wasn't sure what happened but I could tell it hurt pretty bad, when they touched it you would like squirm and stuff and looked like you were in pain. You only started lifting again 2 weeks ago, dang that musta messed it up bad. You going to wrestle anywhere next year? Where are you going?

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/22/05 12:32 AM

I'm going to KU and was planning on doing a little intermural wrestlering out there. I just got my papers to become a qualified official. I'm planning on reffing a lil bit to make money on the weekends.
Posted By: We_The_Cocks

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/22/05 12:42 AM

Well, this is both a high point and a low point. This year at regional's after I got beat out by Michael Malay, I went and punched a locker, oh 4 times or so and dented the locker, and split my knuckles open, had to get 7 stitches. But I was known through-out the tournament as "The guy who beat up the locker." Thats the high point.

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/22/05 01:09 AM

Wow, that sure is somethin to be proud of...

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/22/05 02:01 AM

I once farted so loud during warm-ups that three other teams noticed and laughed...wait make that four teams at the Hays Prairie Classic. But, I have you know..... I have the uncanny ability to make myself fart and its incredible the force ones own sphincter can produce.

I also invented the term "adventure warm up jog." Alex knows all about this one. It's where instead of being a lame, copy-cat, boring loser you guide your team in various paths around the available tournament as opposed to jogging around circles and jumping over innocent little 103 lbers as well as strategically paced chairs.

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/22/05 02:49 AM

--I too have the uncanny ability do the same thing Mr. CS, I have done it at tournaments myself, Minneapolis particularly, ask Mr. Malay he can inform you of my talent and god's gift to it, as he's had it on his face before as his teamates held him down and allowed me to do so it was rather enjoyable.
--Your little "Exploratory Jogs" are nothing but trouble and harm. It not to yourself, then to everyone in the building, by the mass chaos caused by a fire alarm being pulled
--Congrats on signing with *NEWMAN* got it right finally! Good luck to you next year, and it's only filling up with your Ego and you know it

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/22/05 11:56 AM

Lowmaster? Is that some kind of Kung Fu artist?
Posted By: wrestler17105

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/22/05 02:26 PM

to be honest bronco wrestler. Kaleb was on fire the second day and completely slaughtered everyone on that day to make it to the consolation finals. he worked his butt off and we all are proud of him. he did a lot to get to where he is and i just hope he actually decides to go to labette like he should.

and kaleb would kill himself if he knew kung fu.
Posted By: Michael Malay

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/22/05 04:57 PM

yes it is tru i was shat upon many of times.

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/22/05 05:53 PM

shat?

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/22/05 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wrestler17105:
to be honest bronco wrestler. Kaleb was on fire the second day and completely slaughtered everyone on that day to make it to the consolation finals. he worked his butt off and we all are proud of him.
To say he was on fire is a little bit of stretch when he wrestled me, he beat me 5-7, was actually 5-6 but I had such a deep tight power half his head was almost on his chest, I got called for a full nelson which was a BS call but I dealt with it, he stalled out the 3rd period, he didn't attempt to get up, and just dealt with the powerhalf, like I said I had severe bronchitis, not an excuse it's the truth, and just didn't wrestle very well against him, but like I said he got the medal and I got a patch. He was gassing badly with me towards the end of the match, perhaps the constant pressure I put upon him with my leg riding? I wish him the best of luck in college. He's good which earned him a medal, No one can take that away from him.

Alex
Posted By: PIRATE WRESTLER

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/25/05 01:12 AM

This year at 25, I wrestled Lorenzo Mundy, Cory Bloodgood, Madison King, Josh Sharp, and A.J. Stephans. Though, I lost to all of them, it was fun and I will miss it.

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/25/05 01:21 AM

Stephens is a stud, he will be good when he's a senior, he placed in a very tough weight at 125 this year as a freshman. he came back from a huge deficit to defeat Lorenzo Mundy, he's a stud.
Posted By: smizzle

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/25/05 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Malay:
I got booed at the norton dual this year cause i forearmed on the back of the head there senior 189 pounder on senior night. I was the only one that one a match in that dual

That 189 from norton sucked for a senior, i got him in like 3 mins
Posted By: Marbla

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 04/25/05 05:23 AM

- Who you wrestled with: I wrestled with Cody Garcia, Philip Craig and Kyle Oyler everyday.
- Who kicked your fanny: Cody Garcia, obviously. Zouzas and Cornejo also kicked my fanny.
- Who you fanny kicked: Well, up until my Sophomore year, I used to dominate Philip Craig.....that's when he started to trounce me...what can I say, he's an animal.
- Your solo accomplishments: I thought getting the first takedown against Cornejo was a good accomplishment....though, it only fueled the fire and I ended up with a bloody nose (the only one of my wrestling career). Finishing with a .500 record at Cadet duals in my first year of freestyle wrestling
- Your team accomplishments: Back to back state champs, back to back to back AVL champs
- All the colleges that tried to recruit you: University of Dubuque, Minnesota, Nebraska-Kearny
Posted By: mike fairleigh

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/01/05 02:31 AM

I, Denis Fairleigh on my fathers profile because im to lazy to sign in on my own, was the only guy at the state tournement not to get pinned by Ross Taplin.
Posted By: superiorsteve

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/01/05 03:00 AM

Wait a minute ....... I was there and didn't get pinned by anyone!
Posted By: AfternoonDelight

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/01/05 11:38 PM

did u have to wrestle taplin though?
Posted By: ulysses#11

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/02/05 02:11 PM

i didnt get pinned all year, even by erisman, i'm kinda proud of that
Posted By: Strain116

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/25/05 12:06 AM

i am a high school sophmore this year going into my junior year. my record so far IS 78-6. I took 6th at state my freshman year at 215 and 2nd my sophmore year. got beat in overtime 6-4. I Went up to Lincoln, nebraska and won the Sophmore National Tournament there.

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/25/05 05:29 PM

does ur name happen to be steven foster?

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/30/05 03:33 AM

I recently ran four whole miles without a single rest and without passing out. Anyone else proud?

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/30/05 05:41 AM

not proud...but impressed...why did u run 4 miles?

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 05/30/05 03:02 PM

oh..i understand now.

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 06/05/05 05:03 AM

Brag it up little richard.

Re: HIgh School Brag Bag - 07/14/05 05:10 PM

I have never dated a fat girl
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums