Kansas Wrestling

Kansas State Collegian - Intermural Wrestlers want D1 Program

Posted By: chewbacca

Kansas State Collegian - Intermural Wrestlers want D1 Program - 01/25/06 09:49 PM

Student article in today's collegian. Author is a Clay Center graduate.

http://www.kstatecollegian.com/article.php?a=8530
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Kansas State Collegian - Intermural Wrestlers want D1 Program - 01/25/06 10:36 PM

Great article and good press for Kstate Wrestling.
Posted By: Ron Tacha

Re: Kansas State Collegian - Intermural Wrestlers want D1 Program - 01/25/06 10:43 PM

Great article!! If anyone sent money to the KSU Foundation to support the wrestling club, please
send me an e-mail. I don't need the amount but I would like to have your name and I need to know if you got a tax receipt from the foundation. My e-mail address is ronaii@sbcglobal.net
Thanks
Posted By: RedStorm

Re: Kansas State Collegian - Intermural Wrestlers want D1 Program - 01/26/06 01:19 AM

My goodness...if K-State actually got a wrestling program, I would have to root for K-State in something which very well might destroy the cosmos.

Re: Kansas State Collegian - Intermural Wrestlers want D1 Program - 01/30/06 07:14 AM

I can't wait to watch the NWMSU v. KU v. KSU deal in Manhattan. I went to York to watch Newman in an Open and NWMSU entered some 9 or 10 guys and there hwt who is a Kansas boy is 6'6 and 285lb guy that cuts from 300!!!
Posted By: billy_mcjackson_ripjc

Re: Kansas State Collegian - Intermural Wrestlers want D1 Program - 01/30/06 08:24 AM

Well I was going to wrestle at that hopefully, but not if that guy shows up. I'm teeny compared to him.
Posted By: Scooby

Re: Kansas State Collegian - Intermural Wrestlers want D1 Program - 01/30/06 12:27 PM

well I think K-State would be alright with title 9 because they could add softball to their list of sports as well. I know they have been to national club tournaments and placed very high. K-State would be a great place to add wrestling and softball.
Posted By: sportsfan02

Re: Kansas State Collegian - Intermural Wrestlers want D1 Program - 01/30/06 01:43 PM

I don't see KSU adding ANY sports as long as they are at the bottom of the Big 12 in athletic revenues.

Re: Kansas State Collegian - Intermural Wrestlers want D1 Program - 01/30/06 09:31 PM

That's what I'm thinking. It would be great to see a wrestling team at KSU, but there really hasn't been any indication that it is a reality in the near future if at all. Now that their football team is worse than KU, they have nothing to pay the bills.

Re: Kansas State Collegian - Intermural Wrestlers want D1 Program - 01/30/06 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by billy_mcjackson_ripjc:
Well I was going to wrestle at that hopefully, but not if that guy shows up. I'm teeny compared to him.
I'll let you in on a secret though, he tries to lock up and throw, if you avoid the early attempt of a quick toss and pin and can get him in the later rounds, he is considerably more exhausted and it showed the other day as he gave up 3 or 4 takedowns in the final period.

Re: Kansas State Collegian - Intermural Wrestlers want D1 Program - 01/31/06 04:12 PM

That's good, because I'm a takedown machine. Machine.

Re: Kansas State Collegian - Intermural Wrestlers want D1 Program - 01/31/06 07:55 PM

He's an Olathe North alumn. Was a backup in high school I guess.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums