Kansas Wrestling

2006 Div. II Brackets

Posted By: Wellington Gocke

2006 Div. II Brackets - 03/07/06 08:55 PM

http://images.sportsline.com/images/ncaasports/brackets/d2_wre_brackets_2006.pdf

Should give you the brackets for the Tourney. Kansas well represented here also.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: 2006 Div. II Brackets - 03/07/06 09:18 PM

We have 3 Kansas guys alone at 125!
Posted By: statewrestle55

Re: 2006 Div. II Brackets - 03/10/06 02:53 AM

do they have a seeding meeting at one of those or is it what place you get at the regional tournament?

Re: 2006 Div. II Brackets - 03/10/06 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by statewrestle55:
do they have a seeding meeting at one of those or is it what place you get at the regional tournament?
DII is very very similiar to how we do things here in Kansas with a luck of the draw and top 4 from 4 regionals. The only thing they do different at regionals which I really like is they wrestle all matches out past 4th...so 5th/6th etc.

The winner of the 5th place match can challenge the loser of the 4th place match for "true fourth" and a spot to go to nationals if they win....however, if the guy that takes 4th beat you previously in the tournament...you can't challenge. If you beat the guy previously in the tournament, you have to still challenge him and prove the win to get the 4th.

I like the format because it gives some teams that wouldn't do great a wonderful chance to finish well, and it eliminates coaches from politicking like the DI's do in power conferences. You are only as good as you wrestle in DII....no seeds.
Posted By: Marbla

Re: 2006 Div. II Brackets - 03/10/06 06:32 AM

I remember they did something similar at the Tulsa nationals. If the third place and second place wrestlers did not wrestle prior in the tournament, the third place person could challenge.
Posted By: Scarf

Re: 2006 Div. II Brackets - 03/10/06 06:52 PM

#6 Ross Taplin(Nebraska Omaha) vs. #3 Blake Peterson(Truman State) in the quarters. Did these two ever wrestle each other in high school?
Posted By: RichardDSalyer

Re: 2006 Div. II Brackets - 03/10/06 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarf:
#6 Ross Taplin(Nebraska Omaha) vs. #3 Blake Peterson(Truman State) in the quarters. Did these two ever wrestle each other in high school?
Taplin is from Abilene High School in Abilene, Kansas and Peterson from St. Joe Central in St. Joseph, MO.!

Unless the two met in an off season wrestling tournament it is doubtful the two have competed against each other.
Posted By: Bronco Wrestler

Re: 2006 Div. II Brackets - 03/10/06 07:57 PM

Les Sigman UNO vs. Andrew Ubben FHSU

This will be a repeat of the National Finals a couple years ago... too bad it's in the quarters not the finals again
Posted By: James Stout

Re: 2006 Div. II Brackets - 03/10/06 08:08 PM

I do not think Taplin has ever wrestled him. He has been in the same bracket at Fargo though where Taplin placed in Junior Freestyle and the Truman State kid did not. The Truman kid has some impressive wins and record, he is very good on top. He has a better record than Ross but I dont think he has seen the level of competition Ross has so that probably is not a good indicator in itself. GO ROSS!!
Posted By: ld

Re: 2006 Div. II Brackets - 03/11/06 03:25 AM

Four Kansas Boys make semis. 125-Trevor Charbonneau and Cody Garcia. 133-Earl Jones and 165- Ross Taplin. Good Luck to all!!!!!!!!

Re: 2006 Div. II Brackets - 03/11/06 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ld:
Four Kansas Boys make semis. 125-Trevor Charbonneau and Cody Garcia. 133-Earl Jones and 165- Ross Taplin. Good Luck to all!!!!!!!!
All guaranteed to be All Americans! Good deal for them, I'm sure there are some guys still alive that are in contention for honors with Kansas ties. I like the fact 3 of the guys are 4a!
Posted By: b

Re: 2006 Div. II Brackets - 03/12/06 06:42 AM

uno man they are unstopable if i would be shumate that would be the best place to go.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums