Kansas Wrestling

New Pratt CC Head Coach

Posted By: ike

New Pratt CC Head Coach - 07/23/08 02:22 AM

Word on the street is...Brook Medrano is the new head coach at Pratt CC.

Congratulations Coach Medrano.

Posted By: Coach Brown

Re: New Pratt CC Head Coach - 07/23/08 07:10 PM

To all those concerned,

Brook Medrano is the new coach at PCC, he sent me a text message yesterday and confirmed the speculation. Coach Medrano was the obvious choice, being hand picked by Coach Thompson to be his assisstant, and having great success at the high school level.

PCC got a great coach, with a great attitude, and a great person. I am happy to call Coach Medrano one of my friends and a fellow wrestling coach. Our two trips to nationals together will always be a highlight of my wrestling coaching career.

Congrats Brook and keke!

Coach Brown
ps. Juco needs a piggy-back
Posted By: Westfahl

Re: New Pratt CC Head Coach - 07/24/08 12:50 AM

Congratulations to Brook and way to go Pratt for looking to a Kansas guy for a Kansas job. (See Baker post)
Posted By: tommytuffnutz

Re: New Pratt CC Head Coach - 07/24/08 01:40 AM

Wow! That is all I can say.
Posted By: Falcon Grappler

Re: New Pratt CC Head Coach - 07/28/08 11:23 PM

Tommytuffnutz:

My curiosity is peaked as I type. Why do you say "Wow! That's all I can say".

Please expand!!!

M.C.
Posted By: tommytuffnutz

Re: New Pratt CC Head Coach - 07/29/08 01:48 AM

I think it is just an interesting choice. I know Brook and I think he will do a fine job, but it suprises me a little bit about the decision.

I think it is a great opportunity for him to be a head coach. I'm not one to talk smack on someone here on the internet.

Hopefully that explains and I do wish Brook the best of luck.
Posted By: parkwayred

Re: New Pratt CC Head Coach - 07/29/08 11:38 AM

I think allot of it stem's from the fact is when you are under the gun to find a replacement on such short notice, school is just about ready to start and all the recruiting done for the upcoming year... Coach Medrano is the logical choice for transitional reasons. I have met the man... been assured that "education" is first from him and the administration. I find him to be a quality individual that has the kid’s best intrest at heart. (He wouldn't have been part of Coach Thompson’s staff if he didn’t have the same attributes). Good luck Coach Medrano… He’s got a great batch of recruits coming in and a solid returning class. Go Blue Beaver Wrestling! (You still got to love that tag line!)
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums