Kansas Wrestling

This is why our sport suffers ,,,

Posted By: wrestlingspectat

This is why our sport suffers ,,, - 03/01/12 06:41 PM

People who don't even know about the sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L166TwyYneQ&sns=fb
Posted By: RJW1

Re: This is why our sport suffers ,,, - 03/01/12 08:25 PM

That was freaking hilarious, but also pretty sad and pathetic!!
Posted By: coach craig

Re: This is why our sport suffers ,,, - 03/01/12 08:29 PM

My emotions went as follows......Embarassed for them....to confused...to holy crap this was on the big 10 network...to this is some funny stuff....

There were more takedown reversals from the square off position in this match than any other I have seen. I can't believe that there were not more takedowns given from the top position. Bad officiating. Don't get me started on the sprawl points not awarded in the Ruth match.

I am watching this again.
Posted By: L.Geyer

Re: This is why our sport suffers ,,, - 03/01/12 08:42 PM

How about the stalemate everytime they are in the neutral positions. WOW!!!!! I had to turn it off 1/2 way through. But it was a good laugh.
Posted By: lazyman_1

Re: This is why our sport suffers ,,, - 03/01/12 09:21 PM

It gets played over and over again in my house. It gets funnier and funnier each time. great video.
Posted By: in it to win it

Re: This is why our sport suffers ,,, - 03/01/12 09:28 PM

Coach Hagerty (ref) is probably laughing & cringing @ the same time on his way back to KC. He's actually quite a terrific official that is great to watch officiate NCAA'S. These two announcers are needing a 'time-out' & short course from our famous Randy Hinderliter!!

Just my .02

Waaaay to funny!! Has to receive some type of raszzberry award!
Posted By: AAA

Re: This is why our sport suffers ,,, - 03/02/12 01:01 AM

Thats Kansas own Tyler Koehn wrestling for Nebraska!

Kevin Seybold
Posted By: Ricky Bobby

Re: This is why our sport suffers ,,, - 03/02/12 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: AAA
Thats Kansas own Tyler Koehn wrestling for Nebraska!

Kevin Seybold

Yep, that was just what I was thinking when I watched the 1st couple minutes of this atrocity to sports broadcasting.
Posted By: usawks1

Re: This is why our sport suffers ,,, - 03/02/12 04:15 AM

... shameful but funny as hell!!

I did pick up a few points for upcoming commentaries!!
Posted By: ike

Re: This is why our sport suffers ,,, - 03/02/12 04:14 PM

Excellent example! I've been thinking about this broad topic lately and there are more issues than this.

I think most of us have a firm grasp on dual scoring, but tournament scoring is a different deal. How many of you really know how tournament scoring works? Do you know how many advancement points occur in each round, what's a pin worth in a tourney, a tech, a major, but what if it's in the consolation bracket? I would be willing to bet tournament scoring is a mystery to at least half of the people in the gym at any given point in time, including the wrestlers. Simple solution....This should be printed in every program ever created! Print it right on the back of the cover or the first page. Print it right next to basic scoring rules that have brief descriptions. Imagine yourself going to a new sport and having only the faintest clue as to how points are scored in the matches or the team race. Would that be enjoyable to you?
Posted By: Wrestlin Scholar

Re: This is why our sport suffers ,,, - 03/02/12 04:14 PM

I live in the Big 10 region, so I love watching the wrestling on the Big 10 network. I have to say Jim Gibbons and Tim Johnson are the best wrestling announcers and do most matches for the network. They obviously weren't available that night. I understand these jokers were were communications students at Nebraska who probably played basketball in their sporting careers.

Just have to add that I'm fortunate to live in West Lafayette, so just have to drive down the street to see the BIG 10 Championships this weekind. I'll be looking forward to seeing Tyler Koehn. I think he's the only guy in the Big 10 from Kansas? I'll give an update. I'm sure Jim Gibbons and Tim Johnson will be doing the play by play.
Posted By: PurpleDad

Re: This is why our sport suffers ,,, - 03/04/12 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: fan of the sport
I live in the Big 10 region, so I love watching the wrestling on the Big 10 network. I have to say Jim Gibbons and Tim Johnson are the best wrestling announcers and do most matches for the network. They obviously weren't available that night. I understand these jokers were were communications students at Nebraska who probably played basketball in their sporting careers.

Just have to add that I'm fortunate to live in West Lafayette, so just have to drive down the street to see the BIG 10 Championships this weekind. I'll be looking forward to seeing Tyler Koehn. I think he's the only guy in the Big 10 from Kansas? I'll give an update. I'm sure Jim Gibbons and Tim Johnson will be doing the play by play.

Another one is Steve Andrus from Manhattan 285 MSU

Re: This is why our sport suffers ,,, - 03/04/12 02:01 AM

I was going through the program today and noticed he was from Kansas. Was looking forward, to see him wrestle the local Purdue heavyweight whose a local favorite and always a fun match. But the Purdue guy injury defaulted, so a good draw for him. I believe this guaranteed him a NCAA spot as the Big 10 had 10 spots allocated to heavyweight. The next round he was lucky to get the 12 seed from Wisconsin who pulled a big upset over ranked Michigan guy. And he won which gives him a top 6 place in a loaded weight at the Big 10.

Just for an update on Koehn.
Tyler Koehn who was the 7th seed lost both his matches, so a disapointing tournament for him. He was upset by Leblanc (10th seed) from Indiana in the first round and lost to Blanton the 8th seed from Illinois in the Consolation. 9 spots are allocated to 174, so top 8 get in and him losing to the 10 seed probably gives the 9th spot to that wrestler who also didn't place. I think he would be a likely wild card candidate.

Big 10 is tough.
Posted By: Massey

Re: This is why our sport suffers ,,, - 03/04/12 01:31 PM

There is a mini tournament at 149, 174 and hwt to wrestle for the 9th and 10th spots. The first round was last night with the placement match this afternoon. No team points can be scored by any of the wrestlers but they all get to wrestle for the spots. I did not see the score but Koehn was wrestling Cousins last night for a spot in the 9/10 place match.

Re: This is why our sport suffers ,,, - 03/04/12 01:41 PM

I had to leave early, so I didn't see that match. Thats a fair way of doing it, at least he gets his shot at Nationals.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums