Kansas Wrestling

GIRLS STATE

Posted By: MSvikings

GIRLS STATE - 11/01/12 12:50 PM

I was just wondering how girls state is going to work this year with the new rule change. Who is going to host girls state? If there is going to be a girls state when will it be? Thanks for your help on this matter.
Posted By: Lance J. Engel

Re: GIRLS STATE - 11/30/12 08:18 PM

I haven't checked the forum in quite a while. I'm wondering which new rule change you might be talking about. McPherson is still planning on hosting the girls state tournaments. The USGWA is through a differant orginazition than USAW. The USAW tournament held in March has always had the money going through the corporate headquarters. The USGWA will be February 25th, the USAW will be March 25th.
Posted By: L.Geyer

Re: GIRLS STATE - 12/04/12 02:38 PM

Just curious since it is USGWA it can still have the word "state" in the title of the tournament without the money going through the cooporate headquarters?

Lance Geyer
Posted By: MSvikings

Re: GIRLS STATE - 12/04/12 08:27 PM

Lance, Thanks for getting back on this issue. I was unsure of the word "state" being used in the tournaments was going to be a problem. Thanks for putting on the tournaments. The ladies on our team have had a great time at the tournaments the last couple of years. The ladies on the team were asking and ready to come to McPherson again. Lance can you please check your dates. February and March 25 are Mondays. I am sure you meant Sunday February and March 24. Thanks again Lance

Josh Parker

Re: GIRLS STATE - 12/05/12 07:13 PM

You are right, not sure what calander I was looking at. It should be February 24th, and March 24th.

Thanks!
Posted By: KANSAS PRIDE

Re: GIRLS STATE - 02/11/13 05:14 PM

Where can we sign up for the Girls Tournament on 2/24?
Posted By: Brooke Bogren

Re: GIRLS STATE - 02/11/13 10:41 PM

The link to the entry blank and flyers:

http://www.usgwa.com/events/info.php?file=ks9

http://www.usgwa.com/events/pdf/ks9.pdf

It is a great tournament. Email and phone contact information for USGWA tournament series director can be found on the flyer and entry blank.
Posted By: Donedidit

Re: GIRLS STATE - 02/21/13 06:15 PM

The link above says there is an admission fee for spectators, the flier I have in hand does not mention one. Just for clarification, entrance fee or not? Thanks!
Posted By: willyks

Re: GIRLS STATE - 02/21/13 06:44 PM

Will they still hold the tourney this weekend with the weather.

Re: GIRLS STATE - 02/21/13 07:56 PM

Kent Bailo always recommends the host to charge an admission fee because he keeps the entry fees and its a way for the host to make some money. The MAC Wrestling Club isn't interested in making money, they want to provide an opportunity for the girls. We have always waived the admission fee for spectators. If you wish to help out our club by patronizing the concessions we appreciate that. We plan on still holding the tournament, we hope the weather turns and we can all enjoy an awesome weekend. Look forward to seeing all of you there!!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums