Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Park City Classic #103743 03/01/07 01:52 PM
S
sportsnut_27 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Does anyone know if there will be brackets posted on the internet for this tournament?

Re: Park City Classic [Re: sportsnut_27] #103747 03/01/07 02:25 PM
F
FOURBOYSMOM Offline
F
I hope that it is posted soon we have parents in our club that are wanting to know what the brackets look like!

Re: Park City Classic [Re: FOURBOYSMOM] #103755 03/01/07 03:05 PM
WOOD_WON Offline
In the past they haven't posted the brackets just a listing of the entries.

"Champions rise during the week not the weekend"
Jason Wood
Re: Park City Classic [Re: WOOD_WON] #103762 03/01/07 03:30 PM
J
John Moses Offline
J
I just got off of the phone with the people at the sports commision office and was told that there will be no entries posted, only brackets available tomorrow night at weigh - ins!

John Moses
Maize Wrestling
316 209 8661
Re: Park City Classic [Re: John Moses] #103770 03/01/07 04:03 PM
WOOD_WON Offline
Why the change this year, is it becuase that Hays tournament is pulling kids?

"Champions rise during the week not the weekend"
Jason Wood
Re: Park City Classic [Re: WOOD_WON] #103818 03/01/07 07:14 PM
R
Rich Voorhees Offline
R
Bad news for germ-o-phobic people. My girl works at a hotel in the area and she tells me there was just a horse show this last weekend at the colliseum. I think Hays sounds good for next season.

Re: Park City Classic [Re: Rich Voorhees] #103819 03/01/07 07:17 PM
wrestlingparents Offline
Over the past years there has always been a horse show the week before...you will see hay on the floor somewhere I will bet.
Just make sure your wrestler washed with something like head and shoulders or such like it within two hours of wrestling. Or you can use that skin shield. That seems to help.

Good Luck!

Re: Park City Classic [Re: wrestlingparents] #103821 03/01/07 07:34 PM
Ell Offline
There has always been a horse show the week before Park City and it has never killed anyone before! We have went for several years in the past and it has always been a great tourney. The only reason people are downing this tourney is to try to get competition in Hays! The answer is not to put down a great tourney like this one but to move Hays to another weekend. I say move Hays instead of Wichita because Wichita has had thiers that weekend for a long time. Any way lets have 2 great tourneys next year!!!

Re: Park City Classic [Re: Ell] #103822 03/01/07 07:35 PM
R
Rich Voorhees Offline
R
thanks for the tips...but what bothers me more is, this is the biggest tournament Wichita has, bringing in kids from basically all over the country, and we hold it in what is essentially a horse barn... my question is.. isn't there a better facility we could use to show that we have some class?

Re: Park City Classic [Re: Rich Voorhees] #103831 03/01/07 07:54 PM
Ell Offline
I like the way it is all spread out and there is no nose bleed section!

Re: Park City Classic [Re: Ell] #103835 03/01/07 08:11 PM
R
Rich Voorhees Offline
R
my intentions for posting this thread was not to downgrade the wichita classic...heck I live a mile away from it...if its a matter of money, why not make the entry fee a little more and rent the big building with the better facilities?

Re: Park City Classic [Re: Rich Voorhees] #103838 03/01/07 08:14 PM
U
usa wrestling Offline
U
More money it already cost like 4 dollars for a drinks if they dont pick it up i have a feeling that the classics will be a thing of the past.

Re: Park City Classic [Re: usa wrestling] #103846 03/01/07 08:31 PM
Ell Offline
What big tourney has a cheap concession stand? If you know of one let me know! We go to a lot of them and they are all expensive! Look at the concessions at state for goodness sakes! I agree the facility could be nicer but at the same time it is nice to have such a big wrestling area in a smaller space and not be too crowded! A lot less walking than in a big space like Salina for instance! (Which was a good tourney by the way)Besides it is a wrestling tourney not a beauty pageant!

Re: Park City Classic [Re: Ell] #103847 03/01/07 08:34 PM
U
usa wrestling Offline
U
yea but are any of those tournys in a horse barn? if so let me know. look out classics her comes hays!!

Re: Park City Classic [Re: usa wrestling] #103850 03/01/07 09:00 PM
M
MOMX2WRESTLERS Offline
M
I don't understand why it is so important to some to see Hays tournament take the place of the Classic. I have to agree with an earlier post, why not make them different weekends with two premier wrestling events in Kansas leading up to districts and state. My son wrestled the classic last year and I thought the lay out of the tourney was great. As to all the fuss about having been a horse show the weekend before, apparently their is a few people that have never been to a horse show at that level. My children both show horse, and I'll tell you that I have seen kids that are not taken care of near as well as those show horses. When people are paying high dollar for show horses their is no part of the barn that is ever left dirty for any length of time. The horses and handlers are very well groomed and I would say you would get more germs out of a public restroom. I think running down a good tournament is a bad way to promote our sport!

Re: Park City Classic [Re: MOMX2WRESTLERS] #103852 03/01/07 09:11 PM
J
John Moses Offline
J
 Originally Posted By: MOMX2WRESTLERS
I don't understand why it is so important to some to see Hays tournament take the place of the Classic. I have to agree with an earlier post, why not make them different weekends with two premier wrestling events in Kansas leading up to districts and state. My son wrestled the classic last year and I thought the lay out of the tourney was great. As to all the fuss about having been a horse show the weekend before, apparently their is a few people that have never been to a horse show at that level. My children both show horse, and I'll tell you that I have seen kids that are not taken care of near as well as those show horses. When people are paying high dollar for show horses their is no part of the barn that is ever left dirty for any length of time. The horses and handlers are very well groomed and I would say you would get more germs out of a public restroom. I think running down a good tournament is a bad way to promote our sport!

I agree, some of the horses may in fact be very well groomed. It would also be safe to say that none of those horses crap in the toilet, or so I would think. Therfore they crap on the floor and it does end up on the mat, your crazy to think any different. I as well enjoy the classic, so make sure your wrestler takes a good shower after competition, or lube your wrestler up with some sort of skin protectant (Kensheild works great). No other way around the feces matter other than taking care of your wrestlers prior to and after the tournament.
Good luck to all athletes, and have a safe trip to the barn!!!

Last edited by John Moses; 03/01/07 09:12 PM.

John Moses
Maize Wrestling
316 209 8661
Re: Park City Classic [Re: John Moses] #103854 03/01/07 09:26 PM
M
MOMX2WRESTLERS Offline
M
None of the horses crap on the floor either. They are all stalled in absorbant bedding that is cleaned very frequetly. Have you ever been to a horse show before in the stall area. What about the germs you carry into your house onto the carpets? Do you not let your kids play on the carpets, what about the backyard? There is any number of places that you come into contact with germs. I guess my point is that I really don't see why there would be any more germs on these mats then you have in normal society. I guess my kids should probably be sanitized for caring for those same germy horses that is being talked about.

Re: Park City Classic [Re: MOMX2WRESTLERS] #103858 03/01/07 09:55 PM
T
Talkwrestle Offline
T
I agree with Momx2. This is just another example of people liking to complain. Have you looked at the boys restroom at any tournament? If we are concerned with what our boys' shoes pick up we can start with any tournament and the floor under any urinal.
I really like the format at the Coliseum. Close view, open walking areas. I'll take the horse barn with virtually no door ways and no aisles instead of people standing and sitting where people are trying to walk.
I want solid wrestling from top competition as we get ready for subs and beyond. If you want to go to Hays, take I-135 and I-70 and go. Drive the 3 hours and be happy. There is no reason to denegrate a very competitive tourney that is in our backyard and is a three hour drive from a vast majority of the state.

Re: Park City Classic [Re: Talkwrestle] #103859 03/01/07 10:08 PM
S
sportsnut_27 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I don't think you know the cost of renting the coliseum. It cost 24,000.00 dollars to have the 5A and 6A state tourny. Do you have any idea what you would have to raise the entry fee to just to be able to do this? The Classic is still one of the very best in the state and it has always been a good measuring tourny for kids state, so how about we leave things like they are and again ask Hays to move the date of their tourny. This could only be benificial to all parties.

Re: Park City Classic [Re: sportsnut_27] #103866 03/01/07 10:47 PM
my3sons Offline
I don't believe it was Hays intention to pull entries away from the classic. Hays has always had good tourney but the high school was getting to small. I know it used to be a earlier tournament, but I think they wanted to include 14 & 16 ages. Hays has done a great job of putting this together as well as the facility and competition, they shouldn,t be faulted for that. I know for us in Western Kansas it has been nice to travel an hour or two for good competition instead four. Then turn around the next to weekends and travel 1 to 3 hours for Subs and Districts as well the 5 hour trip to Topeka for some.
I,m not saying the classic is not a well ran tournament or the competition is not good because it is. I feel both tournaments have there place and will continue to have great turnouts.

Blake Arnberger
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 213 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,956
Posts250,393
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)