Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wrestling Internet Broadcasts #115374 01/06/08 10:07 PM
mikeholliday Offline OP
OP Offline
I am curious to see if anyone does any wrestling internet-only(no radio) broadcasting. Our radio stations in Hays work in conjunction with a company called "Teamline" which basically simulcasts our play-by-play football and basketball games from radio to internet.

Most radio stations (Oberlin and Norton the exceptions) won't broadcast much wrestling, much less play-by-play. But we can broadcast anything over the internet and it won't affect radio station airtime. Internet can be completely separate from radio. Companies can broadcast volleyball, track, Senior graduations and yes, wrestling online.

There only needs to be two things with internet broadcasts: 1. someone to do the broadcasting and 2. revenue. Wrestling fans and business owners who have ties to wrestling would most likely jump at the chance to broadcast a tournament online. I don't know how much internet broadcasting we'll do this year (although the Bob Kuhn Classic and Mid-Continent League Tournament would be cool) but I would love to do a bunch of tourneys next year. What do you think? Is there an interest, especially in tournaments that have no radio coverage and would something like this generate some revenue (it doesn't even have to be a great deal of dollars - just enough to pay the bills and make a little on top)? Let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

Mike Holliday
Re: Wrestling Internet Broadcasts [Re: mikeholliday] #115440 01/07/08 09:52 PM
Mike Furches Offline
Mike I have the ability to do this, even cheked with a couple of programs about doing it for their program. Our first program, Fall Brawl, had some issues which I finally got worked out so the broadcast would be better. It is easy enough to do, and hopefully may still get some of these available by the end of the season if the schools agree to it, no cost to them, great for fans, and family that don't live nearby. Why the two programs denied is beyond me, one I stated because they wanted to keep their wrestlers below the radar, and another HS program who in my opinion had a piss poor reason. I won't explain that hear, but will to those who want to know via pm. Bottom line, is I can do the program for less than $5 per dual or 2 hour time frame, you are right not much money to do it.

Re: Wrestling Internet Broadcasts [Re: Mike Furches] #115448 01/08/08 02:47 AM
mikeholliday Offline OP
OP Offline
Mike...that is incredible that 2 programs would not want internet broadcasts. It's just another way to expose the great sport of wrestling. God forbid, wrestling and specific programs are highlighted. Oh well...I don't understand, but whatever.

A lot of schools, especially larger schools, have pretty good multimedia departments. It doesn't take much equipment to cast on the interent. In fact, high school students could broadcast matches and tournaments for extra credit. The broadcast wouldn't be top notch, but it would allow high school students to get some real life experience and folks who couldn't make it to matches could listen. It's really a pretty simple deal. Plus the broadcasts could be saved meaning fans who where at the matches could go back and listen. I hope internet broadcasting becomes more popular. It's being done for football and basketball. Why not wrestling?

Mike Holliday
Re: Wrestling Internet Broadcasts [Re: mikeholliday] #115731 01/12/08 10:11 PM
Wreslingfan138 Offline
Will the Oberlin station be broadcasting the Finals of the tournament today on the web? If so does anyone have a link to their website?

Re: Wrestling Internet Broadcasts [Re: Wreslingfan138] #115733 01/12/08 10:25 PM
Wreslingfan138 Offline
Nevermind, I think I found it.

http://www.kicx.net/kfnf.htm

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 172 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,385
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)