Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
2008 Brute adidas Nationals #116307 01/21/08 03:39 PM
W
Wrestler02 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I just received an email regarding the 2008 Brute adidas Nationals. Looks like they have made some improvements. I'm assuming they are having it at Municipal. Can anyone confirm this?

Below are many of the changes for this year’s event which we are certain you will enjoy!

1. We have secured a larger and more user friendly arena in downtown Kansas City in the new Power & Light District which will afford us arena seating with better sight lines for all fans and parents. This will also allow us the ability to restrict the floor area with the proper security personnel so that only on deck participants and coaches will be on the floor during the event, thus increasing visibility for fans and parents to watch matches from the elevated seating area.

2. We have added an additional day to the event to ensure an earlier completion time each night.

3. Registration for this year’s event will be in a larger area and broken down into 2 different times and days. 1-8 graders will register and weigh-in on Thursday evening, and 9-12 graders will register and weigh-in Friday evening.

4. All Participants will be required to register and weigh-in in their completion singlet, to ensure a more professional and safe environment for everyone.

5. Registration and weigh-ins will occur simultaneously, thus we will only have 1 line and several areas for registration, cutting down on the wait time.

6. All medical waiver releases and insurance forms have been added to online registration for this year’s event, hence there will be no need to carry them to registration the day of the event, which should streamline registration.

7. There will be NO SEEDING for this year’s event, although our tournament software program will separate past Brute-adidas National place winners till later rounds.

8. Due to popular demand, we have added FREE additional Technique Clinics and Seminars for Parents, Coaches, athletes and fans. These events will take place on both Friday and Saturday from 1-5pm in the afternoon.

9. We have changed registration for 9-12 graders to Friday evening which will allow additional states the ability to attend and participate in this year’s event.

10. 2X - NCAA Champion and OUTSTANDING WRESTLING, BEN ASKREN of Missouri will be on hand for the FREE clinics and autograph sessions.

11. All participants will receive a free poster during registration for the autograph session.

12. We have downsized the number of weight classes for this year’s event which will ensure more wrestlers per weight class and streamline the awards presentation.

13. All Championship and All-American rounds for all Grade 1-12 will occur on Sunday and we have planned a bigger and better parade of All-Americans and video.

14. All Matches for each grade division will be pre-assigned to a mat so wrestlers will know where and when they will be competing.

Re: 2008 Brute adidas Nationals [Re: Wrestler02] #116312 01/21/08 04:04 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Anyone have a guess as to how many mats Municipal could accomodate?

Re: 2008 Brute adidas Nationals [Re: sportsfan02] #116316 01/21/08 04:15 PM
24/7 Offline
Libety Nationals stacks a bunch of Mats in the main floor. At least 12 or 15 I can't remember the exact config.

This is going to be a touch weekend to pull many good kids however. It's scheduled on the same weekend as USA Folkstyle Nationals in Cedar Falls, IA. I can see the Jr. division maybe being a better draw here but I would think the top tier kids wrestlers especially from far away would lean towards Cedar Falls as it's more established. In either case they will both suffer I would think being on the same weekend.

24/7

Re: 2008 Brute adidas Nationals [Re: 24/7] #116319 01/21/08 04:45 PM
W
wrestling67 Offline
W
It was a better tournament prior to letting grades 1-8 compete. I know alot of high school wrestlers that doesnt want to wrestle in a tournament that has alot of kids running around. This tournament is a Very good tournament but what the have now done is made it in to another national youth tournament. We now have Tulsa Nationals, Brute Addidas, cedar Falls, Vegas,????? Seems like alot to me. I personally will continue to go coach the high school wrestlers.

Mel

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (T Yeagley), 130 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,956
Posts250,393
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)