Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Attention Coaches!!! Abandon Dual State #140204 02/21/09 03:53 AM
Cokeley Offline OP
OP Offline
I have seen the list of requests and I have one thing to say, ABDONED the effort to get dual state. In light of all of the cuts that are going to happen we cannot possibly expect a change that will extend the season or cost more money.

By the way, Rick Bowden said NO RULE CHANGES were formally proposed by the KWCA. He said NONE landed on his desk! Lets cover it up this year!

I know that we DO NOT have to abide by the NHSFAA rules. We have modifications for weight control and weigh-ins. We MUST adopt the 7 match limit to provide an opportunity for 16 team tournaments on one day and to let wrestlers get more matches in one day as schools will be cutting back travel, overnight stays, etc. Football teams play for 48 minutes and 7 matches is only 42. Kansas could be the trend setter. To me this rule is sorely needed and you all know I am a fan of dual state and a host of other changes. Honestly, why do we need the KSHSAA? There is a cost cut! Schools should police themselves and the glutony of administrators, schoolboards, and other employees could be utilized to perform the functions they now handle.

Don't be apathetic! Lets fight to keep the greatest sport thriving! It is a cheap sport compared to football and it teaches our youth how to be tough when times are tough. They are going to need to be tough the next few years!

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Attention Coaches!!! Abandon Dual State [Re: Cokeley] #140210 02/21/09 04:08 AM
Ricky Bobby Offline
Hey, you’re throwing my resurgin' idea for a dual state under the bus.

[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]
Re: Attention Coaches!!! Abandon Dual State [Re: Ricky Bobby] #140215 02/21/09 04:19 AM
Cokeley Offline OP
OP Offline
I apologize Ricky. Just for the record I am not a rainbow warrior or one of #24's crew. I want Dual State but now would be the WORST time we could try to get it. Why waste our efforts on something that isn't going to happen. Lets focus on freeing up our coaches to assist with Spring FS/GR wrestling. Lets abolish ridiculous rules like no video taping others, 500 mile travel limit, 2 lbs after Christmas instead of two or three weeks later, deregulate MS JH wrestling so kids can do both school and club wrestling, allow HS kids to go to clinics during the season, allow HS kids to wrestle open events prior to HS competitions and over the Christmas break. Good stuff like that. Just burry all those pesky, stuffy board members with petitions, paperwork, justifications, letters, emails, phone calls, etc.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Attention Coaches!!! Abandon Dual State [Re: Cokeley] #140381 02/22/09 05:13 AM
Gary Seibel Offline
Will,

Mr. Bowden is correct...no rule changes have landed on his desk--yet! At each Regional seeding meeting, time was set aside to vote on proposed rule changes. Once that data is compiled, KWCA Exec. Board will draft final proposals and proceed as the coaches see fit. Then we'll see...

Re: Attention Coaches!!! Abandon Dual State [Re: Gary Seibel] #140393 02/22/09 01:09 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Gary Seibel
Will,

Mr. Bowden is correct...no rule changes have landed on his desk--yet! At each Regional seeding meeting, time was set aside to vote on proposed rule changes. Once that data is compiled, KWCA Exec. Board will draft final proposals and proceed as the coaches see fit. Then we'll see...

Imagine that! A proposal or list of proposals developed in a democratic manner by people actually working in the business presented to another democratic group again actually working in the business to be voted on at each level! Yeah the whole system sounds flawed to me!

Re: Attention Coaches!!! Abandon Dual State [Re: sportsfan02] #140394 02/22/09 01:33 PM
WillyM Offline
I am an old guy. Know only thr format for a bracketed state tx. Please explain the dual format for a regional and state tx.

Cain't have a opponionion or vot unless you are edumacated!!

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Attention Coaches!!! Abandon Dual State [Re: Gary Seibel] #140396 02/22/09 02:09 PM
Cokeley Offline OP
OP Offline
Will,

Rick said he had NO proposals on his desk in 2008!!!! Nothing was proposed by the KWCA to be changed, according to Rick Bowden, in 2008.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Attention Coaches!!! Abandon Dual State [Re: sportsfan02] #140397 02/22/09 02:10 PM
Cokeley Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: sportsfan02
Will,

Imagine that! A proposal or list of proposals developed in a democratic manner by people actually working in the business presented to another democratic group again actually working in the business to be voted on at each level! Yeah the whole system sounds flawed to me!

Doesn't work!

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Attention Coaches!!! Abandon Dual State [Re: Cokeley] #140406 02/22/09 02:36 PM
G
GregMann Offline
G
Will,

Just thinking out loud here, but perhaps the rule changes you advocate (1) were not, or, (2) are not, those which were/are uppermost in the minds of the coaches.

Given your passionate advocacy perhaps some of those near and dear to you were proposed at yesterday's regional coaches meetings.

Congratulations to Ryne and wish him well in his pursuit of #2.

Greg Mann
Norton

Last edited by Egg; 02/22/09 02:39 PM. Reason: correct typo
Re: Attention Coaches!!! Abandon Dual State [Re: GregMann] #140410 02/22/09 02:56 PM
CPolansky Offline
While reading through your list of changes that you have proposed( all of which are sorely needed) and thinking about a subject that is talked about alot this time of year which is regoinal desparity I have an Idea I want to throw our there.
why not go ahead and wrestle for 5 and 6 at regionals then take all the 4s and 5s and wrestle them off thursday night before state using the random draw we use now. This would kind of be like pigtail matches no team points awarded. this would help even out the regionals and since most teams travel to state on thursday anyway you could start the matches at 7 or so and be done in good time.
Just an idea
Adam Polansky

Re: Attention Coaches!!! Abandon Dual State [Re: CPolansky] #140416 02/22/09 03:31 PM
G
GregMann Offline
G
Why stop at 5th & 6th--how about ALL going to State; no one who is deserving gets left behind.

4a & 321A would use 64 man brackets and start on Thursday at noon.
5A & 6A would use 32 man brackets and start on Friday at noon--or--use a 64 man bracket placing 5A in one half and 6A the other half.

Mann; Norton

Greg Mann
Manhattan, KS
Re: Attention Coaches!!! Abandon Dual State [Re: CPolansky] #140417 02/22/09 03:36 PM
W
wrestling67 Offline
W
Here is an idea that may have been mentioned and after talking with several parents yesterday sounds like a good one. 2 regionals, 16 man brackets, top 8 advance. Wow we might never have to worry about the same old crap of blind draw and the number 1,2,3 on same side of the bracket. I know we beat the dead horse with ths every year but apparently the dead horse has been beaten so bad that he cant think about whats best for our best wrestlers. Now, if we cant awaken the dead horse and get him to implement whats best for our wrestlers in the long term, then maybe the dead horse should be replaced with a fresh one.

Mel

Re: Attention Coaches!!! Abandon Dual State [Re: wrestling67] #140526 02/23/09 12:30 PM
S
Scooby Offline
S
How many teams int he 3-2-1A have complete teams or almost complete teams to warrent a team dual tournament?

I would like to see more tournament wrestling and less duals but that is probably again a minority decision. It is hard for schools gettign ready to cut the program to save it when you travel 2 hours for 3 matches in a dual meet. Our league wrestles duals I believe mainly one dual a night and not a dual dual. It is alot of traveling for a couple matches and you have to take the whole team to get your forfiets or non wrestling wins

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 254 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,964
Posts250,402
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)