Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: District 1????????? #9872 03/17/04 03:37 AM
J
Just another Miller Offline
J
Come on Randy. These people are responsible weather it is volunteer or not. Older kids have different styles. You would want to know for your own child and or wrestler. I am sure Chad would want to know for Jordan.

Re: District 1????????? #9873 03/17/04 08:54 AM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by CoachEd:
If they only knew that you are all a bunch of old guys.
Hey I resemble that remark!

Re: District 1????????? #9874 03/17/04 09:57 AM
parkwayred Offline
Randy how come you can get away with humor over here but I get chastised buy coachJT ?

And this entire posting about the results doesn’t really matter the cream will rise to the top. The best will be crowned “CHAMPS”.

I’m not very smart… but I can lift heavy things!
Re: District 1????????? #9875 03/17/04 12:17 PM
B
bonechip Offline
B
Same old thing. They should have let that guy from holton do the brackets. I heard that all of the sub brackets were done on computer by Sunday night.

Re: District 1????????? #9876 03/17/04 05:50 PM
J
J. Gibson Offline
J
Hey Randy,

Does it mean you're old school when you know you have to wrestle on Saturday, know it's going to be a tough weekend, but get prepared for it anyway?

I miss the days of just wrestling. I never prepared for someone. I prepared myself by being at the top of my game. Some people put too much thought in "strategy" and little thought in "wrestling".

I wonder if the same people that tell their wrestlers "wrestle your match" are the same ones that are frantic about results so they can prepare for the next week and how to wrestle against a style.

I guess they never heard a good offense is the best defense. I guess I'm just old school. Even in college I never knew who was a stud and who wasn't. I just got ready to wrestle all studs.

Just food for thought......

Jeremy Gibson
Topeka Tornadoes Wrestling Coach
Sunflower Gold Freestyle/Greco Coach
Re: District 1????????? #9877 03/17/04 08:36 PM
G
grandad Offline
G
to all the people who want the dist 1 north and south you guys are the ones that voted henry in and he was randys man so i think next time we vote we need to take a look at bob in holton, i helped at hiawatha high school regional and saw bob laptop and belive me it works and he did a great job. he has a disk to go in it and well you just have to watch. its great. i think its more in who is running it than the computer.

Re: District 1????????? #9878 03/17/04 08:39 PM
S
Spratster Offline
S
...or we could choose not to worry so much about it

Re: District 1????????? #9879 03/18/04 02:57 AM
usawks1 Offline
Now that the results of District 1 ARE posted, let me clear up a couple of things.

Henry is the District 1 director. Though he, nor anyone else, was MY MAN, I still support him as an elected representative. (Bob, would be a great director) Henry wanted to get the info posted as quickly as anybody did but it didn't work out.

I was lucky! While I had a job, it allowed my secretary and me the flexibility to do a BUNCH of work at the office. Henry's office, is a Delivery Truck.

I think a few will attest, that I am reasonably proficient at using a computer and in the past District 1 results were posted as quick as anybody. Henry is not very adept at using computers but he is learning "on the fly."

Next, Chad, while he shares my name, is my nephew. Chad, and my own stepson, when they were wrestling probably did know who their opponents were the next weekend. Not because they got on the Internet and found out but because they dropped a dime and made a phone call to a buddy in the other sub.

To my buddy Parkwayred! I don't know what to tell you man but I do have a theory. I feel that many of the posters right now on the Kids board, have a chemical imbalance. CAFFEINE does funny things to us adults! Either too much or not enough ... were always looking for the happy place ... the Nirvana as it were.

And to Jeremy! How old do you have to be … to be old school? I really do understand where these parents are coming from. We all, want to give our kids as many advantages as we can. We are all looking to give them that edge. Wrestling your own match and forcing your style seems to be “out of vogue” right now. I do hope it comes back because I think those that do force their style, are better wrestlers.

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: District 1????????? #9880 03/18/04 06:01 AM
Nigel Isom Offline
I really don't see the whole big issue with posting results. If you really need to see who it is that you will be wrestling in the coming week then you already have fear in your heart. You can call it "preparing" or whatever else you want to but its bunk none the less. Randy I imagine I will see you this weekend at District! And we will see whose excuse that they lost is ... they didn't know who they had to wrestle all week.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: District 1????????? #9881 03/18/04 11:29 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Guys do you really think most of the parents (many like me with no actual high school wrestling experience) or these young wrestlers themselves are really that analytical about wrestling at this stage to be thinking about styles or strategies to employ against their potential opponent. I can only speak for myself but I would no idea on what to tell my son to expect or how to specifically do anything wrestling wise against his opponents. I will admit there is a natural curiousity to know who your potential opponents might be but that is probably as far as it goes for most of us. Most of you are able to develop such strategies but most of the parents and young wrestlers are not capable of that. I mean I understand what you are saying about that you have to wrestle whoever and you need to wrestle your own game and such. But do you mean to tell us that even with that attitude that you never had any curiosity about who your upcoming opponent was?

Nigel I don't think people are looking for an excuse to blame a loss on not having results posted. I do not believe that was mtisch's motivation for suggesting the other Sub's to study what the first poster from Subdistrict 3 was doing every year to always be the first to post. I met him last year and he is a gentleman and a very fine man. I am sure you know that to be true. From my brief conversations with him last year, I am sure he might have a curiosity about his son's competition but his main interest in results is probably as a fan wanting to know how kids from other areas of the State did. I am sure that he or his son do not have any fear in their heart just because they might want to know who ended up in their weight bracket. I think that is also the reason that most of us like results. We are becoming fans of the sport. We like to follow it and wrestlers that we have met over the years.

I think the main problem here is that people got too impatient with expecting these results to be posted immediately. Seven of the eight were posted by Wednesday. I think that is an incredibly good performance. Again results are a luxury not a necessity. But they are great to have and they do help promote interest in Kansas wrestling.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: District 1????????? #9882 03/18/04 01:57 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
Sorry Vince I was being kinda sarcastic. I guess it never really mattered to me whether results were posted or not. Not as a coach and certianly not now as an official. If your on here looking for your next opponent then you've already made one mistake. HOwever if your on here looking for general curiosity then I could understand that.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: District 1????????? #9883 03/18/04 06:15 PM
N
Noblet Offline
N
I understand "old school" and just showing up on Saturday to wrestle. The information age has taken us past that. I accept it and I like it. However I really like FS/GR, show up Sat. and wrestle, to hell with the weight and have fun. If you haven't already you really should try it. Pesonaly I think it makes em better on their feet. Back to the subject and being the old Fart in the club, the keeper of useless information. I like to see how some kids are doing. I've a special interest in the 115 pound bracket as I've expressed earlier. It will be a very interesting bracket at District and a good one to watch at State. When District I got the results posted, and I Thank You, there was another talented wrestler thrown in the mix. Two more won't make the Dance so to speak and I do wish them all the best. Back to the useless information I like to make up brackets to give to the kids. Last practice before they go and wish them good luck. It has become tradition with me. "Do what the coaches have been teaching you and be mentally tough, you can beat that No.I seed. That's why he's there." Honestly that's about the best I can do for them. I don't think it's good for the kid's to see their parents all twisted up about who their kid's have to face. Don't let them see it ! Once again Good Luck to All, God speed, I hope to see you there !

Re: District 1????????? #9884 03/19/04 02:14 AM
J
Just another Miller Offline
J
Put it to rest. My main point was that whether I volunteer for a position or I get paid,the effort should be the same. Everyday I face a different set of challenges. My approach is therefore different. Sports mimics life. I Love Lucy was a hit would it be now. Things change. The Chad I referred to is your nephew if I have the right Randy. My motto: Prepare them for life.

Re: District 1????????? #9885 03/20/04 09:43 PM
G
grandad Offline
G
thanks randy you did clear up a lot of what happen and after talking to henry to day i understand how things went wrong. i,am sorry henry and randy its a hard job to please every one including myself.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 234 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,953
Posts250,389
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)