Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #168979 04/20/10 12:14 PM
L
Lars Lueders Offline
L
Hunter Edwards of Dodge City High School has decided to wrestle at Pratt CC next year.

Hunter Edwards placed 4th in State as a Junior and 3rd in State as a Senior.

Thanks,
Lars Lueders
DCHS Head Wrestling Coach

Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Lars Lueders] #169017 04/21/10 12:17 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Hunter Edwards of Dodge City High School has decided to wrestle at Pratt CC next year.

Hunter Edwards placed 4th in State as a Junior and 3rd in State as a Senior.

Thanks,
Lars Lueders
DCHS Head Wrestling Coach

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was informed today that Chase Nitcher will be wrestling next year at the University of Missouri in the Big 12 conference. Chase Nitcher is from Valley Center High School. He has had a historic high school wrestling career. As a freshman at state in 2007 he finished 3rd with a 40-4 record, sophomore year he finished 2nd at state in 2008 with a 45-3 record. Chase won his first state title as a junior in 2009 with a perfect 50-0 record which also set the Kansas single season win mark. Chase won his second state with a 44-1 record. By my tally that gives Chase Nitcher a career record of 179-8 which I believe also is the Kansas career record for wins. Chase Nitcher was all ranked No. 1 All Class 135 in 2010 by Eric Johnson (Chief Renegade) and Chief's also gave Chase the special honor of being on his Fab Five list in 2010.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas Vincent of Olathe North will also be attending the University of Missouri but to play football. Lucas wrestled his first three years of high school and had a very good high schoool wrestling career. He was 4th at State as a freshman in 2007, 2nd as a sophomore in 2008 and State Champion at 6A 285 as a junior in 2009. Here is what the University of Missouri football recruiting page reports on Lucas as a high school football player:

LUCAS VINCENT (top)
Fr., DT, 6-3, 285
Olathe, Kan. (North HS)A tough and rugged player in the trenches who knows how to win … Finished his career on a team which went a perfect 13-0 and as state champions in 2009, while he’s also won a state wrestling individual title (going 34-1 in the heavyweight class) … His senior class went an outstanding 31-5 during his three years on varsity at Olathe North High School … Scout.com ranks him as the nation’s No. 23 defensive tackle prospect … Ranked by ESPN.com as the nation’s No. 42 defensive tackle prospect … Rivals.com ranks him as the No. 6 overall prospect at any position coming out of the state of Kansas, and also as the nation’s No. 48-ranked defensive tackle prospect … Had a big performance in January at the Offense-Defense Sports All-American Bowl all-star game in Myrtle Beach, S.C., where he helped his team to a 35-0 win, thanks to his forcing a fumble and getting free for multiple quarterback sacks … Twice named a 1st-Team All-State performer on the defensive line ....

Congratulations and good luck to all of you in your academics, wrestling and other pursuits in college next year. I know your coaches, parents, families, friends and teammates are all proud of your accomplishments.

2010 Seniors:

Reported to be wrestling next year:

Benny Armstrong of Andale HS---Fort Hays State University
Cade Blair of Valley Center HS---Old Dominion University (Verbal committment)
Kyle Caylor of Wichita NW HS---South Dakota State University
Staven Cooksley of Topeka Seaman HS---Newman University
Chance Davis of Clay Center HS---Colorado School of Mines
Denzell Davis of Fort Scott HS---Labette Community College
Joey Dozier of Garden Cty HS---Fort Hays State University
Christian Duckens of Wichita Heights HS---Pratt Community College
Hunter Edwards of Dodge City HS---Pratt Community College
Xavier Fisher of Manhattan HS---Pratt Community College
Micah Flora-Swick of Gardner Edgerton HS---Cornell College (Iowa)
Justin French of SM North HS---Northwestern College (Iowa)
Sean Gaither of Wichita NW HS---Fort Hays State University
Lane Greenlee of Garden City HS---Pratt Community College
Josh Hanson of Baldwin City HS---Baker University
Trip Hiller of Olathe South HS---US Naval Academy Prep School one year then US Naval Academy
Bryce Hood of Louisburg High School---Luther College (Iowa)
Andrew Jones of SM North HS---Bacone College (Oklahoma)
Parker Madl of Blue Valley HS---University of Oklahoma
Chase Nitcher of Valley Center HS---University of Missouri
Evon Royal of Junction City HS---Dana College
Lorenzo Serna of Emporia HS---Newman University
Brandon Vasquez of Dodge City HS---Labette Community College
Jake Walker of St. Thomas Aquinas High School---US Merchant Marine Academy
Derrick Weller of Piper HS---Lindenwood University
Cody Wildin of Marion HS --Pratt Community College
Dillon Wildin of Marion HS---Pratt Community College

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Kansas wrestlers reported to be wrestling at a new university:

Dondre Davis Class of 2009 of Wichita Heights HS---Pratt CC
Phillip Henes Class of 2008 of St. Thomas Aquinas High School, Labette CC 2009---Baker University

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some 2010 Seniors who have expressed interest in wrestling next year but undecided as to school:

Trevor Boyer---Mill Valley High School
Todd Curtis---Gardner Edgerton High School
Kane Lovvorn---Holton High School
Nick Pearch---Blue Valley High School
Nathan Reed---Colby High School
Blaine Smith---Salina South High School

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some 2010 Senior Wrestlers who are planning on attending college next year and participating in other sports or pursuing other interests:

David Blazevic---Olathe North HS is listed as attending Pittsburg State for Exercise Science
B.J. Finney---Andale HS plans to play football at Kansas State University
Ryan Kincaid---Bishop Miege HS is plans are listed as undecided
Mark Kolmer---Emporia HS has signed to play football at Washburn University
Brett LaMar--- Silver Lake HS is listed as attending New Mexico State with in interest in a Professional Golf Mangagement Major
Jeramie Maus---Tonganoxie HS is listed as attending Fort Hays State to play football
Jason Seibel---Salina South HS will play football next year at Butler County CC
Lucas Vincent---Olathe North HS will play football at University of Missouri
Austin Willis---Shawnee Heights HS listed as signed with Emporia State University to run track and play football

Please let me know if any of the above information is incorrect and needs to be changed or if any additions or deletions need to be made to the above list. On additions it helps if I receive a confirmation by posting or private message from the wrestler, a parent, high school coach or college coach. Also it helps if I can get any accomplishments like state championships, state placing or qualifying, league titles so I can make special mention of that in the announcement with the listing. A link to a newspaper article of the signing is also a good confirmation source. Thank you.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #169020 04/21/10 12:48 AM
Kale Mann Offline
Bryce Hood---Louisburg High School told me Sunday at the regional training center at SJA he is planning on wrestling at Luther College in Iowa- a division 3 school in Decorah Iowa.

Congrats and good luck to Bryce.

Head Coach- Blue Valley High School
Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Kale Mann] #169025 04/21/10 01:26 AM
Scarecrow_103 Offline
Darn I would of loved to have seen Bryce Up here in Sioux Falls. He is a good competitor and a class act. Good luck in the next step to all.

Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Kale Mann] #169038 04/21/10 11:56 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Kale Mann
Bryce Hood---Louisburg High School told me Sunday at the regional training center at SJA he is planning on wrestling at Luther College in Iowa- a division 3 school in Decorah Iowa.

Congrats and good luck to Bryce.

Bryce Hood, of Louisburg High School, 2nd Place State 2010, 3rd State 2009 and 2008.

I will change Bryce from undecided to Luther College (Iowa) in the above list.

I also want to extend my congratulations to Bryce and to wish him luck in his academics and wrestling next year.

Vince Nowak

Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #169063 04/22/10 12:13 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
It has been reported to me that 2010 6A 130 Weight Class State Champion Lane Greenlee of Garden City HS has signed to wrestle at Pratt Community College. Besides his state championship this year Lane Greenlee was 3rd in 2009 as a junior and 6th in 2008 as a sophomore. The above list will be updated for this information.

Congratulations and good luck in your academics and wrestling next year.

Vince Nowak

Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #169070 04/22/10 12:02 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Just received an update on a previously undecided senior and he will be updated on the above list for this information.

Jake Walker, of St. Thomas Aquinas High School, 4 time state placer including a 2nd Place State 2010, member of the Aquinas 2007 5A State Championship team. Jake won a key match in the wrestlebacks to jumpstart the Aquinas team on their march to the championship that Saturday. Jake provided the team quite a spark that day in 2007 as a freshman. He is also tied for the Aquinas all time career victories with 143. Jake is listed as planning to attend United States Merchant Marine Academy.

Congratulations Jake Walker and good luck in your wrestling and academics next year.

Vince Nowak

Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #169112 04/22/10 03:41 PM
M
M.Church_AD Offline
M
Just a heads up... Chase Nelson, Former Wichita Heights Wrestler (2009) and Labette Community College National Champion has committed to the University of Oklahoma where he will join Former Teamate Kendric Maple ((2009)... Nice to see two Former Falcons wind up in the same place for 4 more years!

Congratulations Chase Nelson: I am very proud of you!

Last edited by FalconCoach; 04/22/10 03:44 PM.
Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: M.Church_AD] #169121 04/22/10 04:53 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Another Kansas warrior in Norman! It's a great time to be a Sooner! Last year 5th place. Next year the moon.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Chief Renegade] #169122 04/22/10 05:12 PM
badbo Offline
I heard Chase might be able to hit a decent headlock....Actually I will never forget him hitting one at the state FS tournament on Kyle Detmer. Was one of the sweetest I have ever seen. He is a awesome all around wrestler too.

Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: M.Church_AD] #169131 04/22/10 08:32 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Originally Posted By: FalconCoach
Just a heads up... Chase Nelson, Former Wichita Heights Wrestler (2009) and Labette Community College National Champion has committed to the University of Oklahoma where he will join Former Teamate Kendric Maple ((2009)... Nice to see two Former Falcons wind up in the same place for 4 more years!

Congratulations Chase Nelson: I am very proud of you!

Besides his National Junior College Championship this year for Labette Community College, Chase was also first at the inaugural Kansas Cup this year and I believe he was twice a State Champion for Wichita Heights High School. This young man definitely has D-1 All American potential. That University of Oklahoma team is beginning to look like a Kansas High School All Star team!

Congratulations, Chase Nelson, good luck to you in your academics and wrestling at the University of Oklahoma next year. I am updating the below list for this information.

Congratulations and good luck to all of you in your academics, wrestling and other pursuits in college next year. I know your coaches, parents, families, friends and teammates are all proud of your accomplishments.

2010 Seniors:

Staven Cooksley of Topeka Seaman HS---Newman University
Trip Hiller of Olathe South HS---US Naval Academy Prep School one year then US Naval Academy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phillip Henes Class of 2008 of St. Thomas Aquinas High School, Labette CC 2009---Baker University
Chase Nelson Class of 2009 of Wichita Height HS, 2010 Labette CC---University of Oklahoma

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some 2010 Seniors who have expressed interest in wrestling next year but undecided as to school:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some 2010 Senior Wrestlers who are planning on attending college next year and participating in other sports or pursuing other interests:

David Blazevic---Olathe North HS is listed as attending Pittsburg State for Exercise Science
Brett LaMar--- Silver Lake HS is listed as attending New Mexico State with in interest in a Professional Golf Mangagement Major
Jeramie Maus---Tonganoxie HS is listed as attending Fort Hays State to play football
Colt Rogers---Smith Center HS will play football next year at Pittsbur State University
Austin Willis---Shawnee Heights HS listed as signed with Emporia State University to run track and play football

Please let me know if any of the above information is incorrect and needs to be changed or if any additions or deletions need to be made to the above list. On additions it helps if I receive a confirmation by posting or private message from the wrestler, a parent, high school coach or college coach. Also it helps if I can get any accomplishments like state championships, state placing or qualifying, league titles so I can make special mention of that in the announcement with the listing. A link to a newspaper article of the signing is also a good confirmation source. Thank you.

Vince Nowak

Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #169145 04/23/10 02:42 AM
Paratroop Offline
This just from a wrestling fan,

But I recall 112 6a state champ Dalton Miller from I believe Wichita Campus had signed or committed to ASU. Here is a link I found but doesn't give a lot of info:

http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/?p=809

Also I recall an article that had been listed on the forums that showed 4X state champ Colt Rogers from Smith Center who signed with Pitt State for football. I searched for the link but didn't find it.

Just thought I'd mention them so as to give these young men credit for their accomplishments. If anyone is able to update this info that would be great.

B. Star
Lawrence, KS
Sunflower Kids Wrestling Club
"Rivals on the mat, friends in life"
Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Paratroop] #169146 04/23/10 03:09 AM
Paratroop Offline
Here's the link to an article on Rogers:

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/home/detail.dot?id=177883

It also shows Columbus wrestling State champ and placer Tank Burns signing with Pitt State for football.

B. Star
Lawrence, KS
Sunflower Kids Wrestling Club
"Rivals on the mat, friends in life"
Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Paratroop] #169154 04/23/10 10:29 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Paratroop
Here's the link to an article on Rogers:

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/home/detail.dot?id=177883

It also shows Columbus wrestling State champ and placer Tank Burns signing with Pitt State for football.

Well that is what I was looking for. I was notified a couple of days ago in a private message about Colt Rogers signing to play football at Pittsburg State University and I felt that I needed to get confirmation from a parent or coach on Colt due to his incredible wrestling and football career. I have been trying hard over the last couple of days to verify but I was not having success. I really appreciate your posting this link. Here is what the Pittsburg State Football Recruiting Announcement had to say about Colt Rogers:

COLT ROGERS, 5-7, 155, FR, RB
Hometown: Smith Center, Kan.
High School: Smith Center
H.S. Coach: Roger Barta
Honors/Stats: A third-team Kansas Top 11 (All-State, All-Class) selection by the Wichita Eagle and Topeka Capital-Journal as a senior in 2009… a first-team Class 2A All-State performer… rushed for 1,935 yards during his senior season, helping the Redmen to a 12-1 record and the 2A state runner-up finish… compiled 4,600 career rushing yards as a four-year starter… helped Smith Center to three straight 2A state titles from 2006-08… the Redmen posted a 51-1 record during his four-year prep career… also a three-time state champion wrestler, helping Smith Center to three straight 321A state titles (2007-09)… also a state medalist in the pole vault and the 300m hurdles in track & field.

Colt Rogers like Mark Kolmer is a rare star three sport athlete. We can add that Colt Rogers joined a very rare crowd in winning his fourth Kansas state high school championship this year. He truly has had an historic high school athletic career and has to be considered one of the All Time Top Kansas Athletes.

Congratulations Colt Rogers and we wish you the best of luck in your academics and football at Pittsburg State University next year.

Vince Nowak

Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #169155 04/23/10 10:34 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
I will work on Dalton Miller and Tank Burns announcements a little later today.

Vince Nowak

Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #169165 04/23/10 02:24 PM
D
Dylan Campbell Offline
D
Jace Campbell (Oakley)signed with Colby Community College last night.

Dylan Campbell
Oakley, KS
dylan.cia@hotmail.com
Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Dylan Campbell] #169183 04/23/10 07:53 PM
wrestlerecruiter Offline
Aaron Morgan, the 2010 4A 145 Weight Class State Runner-up of Abilene HS has signed to wrestle at Pratt Community College. Aaron originally wrestled at Waynesville HS in Missouri where he was a three time state finalist. He placed 2nd as a junior, won state as a sophomore, and placed 2nd as a freshman.

We are excited to add Aaron to our roster, and feel that he is a great addition to Beaver Wrestling.

Stacey Kisner Fisher
620-388-6240
Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: wrestlerecruiter] #169188 04/23/10 11:54 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Dalton Miller of Wichita Campus is reported to be wrestling next year at Arizona State University. He was State Champion in 2010 at 6A 112, 4th in 2009 and 3rd place in 2008.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jace Campbell of Oakley High School is reported to have signed with Colby Community College to wrestle next year. Jace is a four time state placer, including a State Championship in 2010 at 3-2-1A 135, 2nd in 2009, 3rd in 2008 and 2nd in 2007 as a freshman.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aaron Morgan, the 2010 4A 145 Weight Class State Runner-up of Abilene HS has signed to wrestle at Pratt Community College. Aaron originally wrestled at Waynesville HS in Missouri where he was a three time state finalist. He placed 2nd as a junior, won state as a sophomore, and placed 2nd as a freshman.

We are excited to add Aaron to our roster, and feel that he is a great addition to Beaver Wrestling.
620-388-6018

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taylor "Tank" Burns of Columbus High School has signed to play football next year at Pittsburg State College. Taylor was a State Champion in 2009 at 4A 285 and 3rd in 2010. Here is what the Pittsburg State University recruiting page posted on Tank Burns:

TAYLOR “TANK” BURNS, 6-2, 250, FR, DL
Hometown: Columbus, Kan.
High School: Columbus Unified
H.S. Coach: Dan Grundy

Honors/Stats: A three-time Kansas Class 4A All-State performer (2007-09)… a first-team All-State selection as a senior in 2009, after earning honorable mention All-State accolades in 2007-08… recorded 74 tackles with 5.5 QB sacks as a senior for the Titans… a three-time first-team All-SEK League honoree (2007-09))… a 2010 Kansas Shrine Bowl selection.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010 Seniors:

Jace Campbell of Oakley HS---Colby Community College
Steven Cooksley of Topeka Seaman HS---Newman University
Dalton Miller of Wichita Campus---Arizona State University
Aaron Morgan of Abilene HS---Pratt Community College

Chase Nelson Class of 2009 of Wichita Height HS, 2010 Labette CC---University of Oklahoma

Taylor "Tank" Burns---Columbus HS to play football at Pittsburg State University
Colt Rogers---Smith Center HS will play football next year at Pittsbur State University

Please let me know if any of the above information is incorrect and needs to be changed or if any additions or deletions need to be made to the above list. On additions it helps if I receive a confirmation by posting or private message from the wrestler, a parent, high school coach or college coach. Also it helps if I can get any accomplishments like state championships, state placing or qualifying, league titles so I can make special mention of that in the announcement with the listing. A link to a newspaper article of the signing is also a good confirmation source. Thank you

Vince Nowak

Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #169278 04/27/10 01:13 PM
S
Stand Up King Offline
S
Dillon Charland of Junction City High School has signed with Missouri Valley (Thats where JCHS Alum Bobby Lashley won national titles) to wrestle. Charland was a 4 time state qualifier, 2008 2009 and 2010 state runner-up. MV is getting a beast of a wrestler. I wish him the best of luck!!!!

"Having potential without putting forth effort means nothing"
Re: college bound ks seniors [Re: Husker Fan] #169303 04/27/10 10:21 PM
B
Brian Blair Offline
B
Cade Blair has signed with Old Dominion University

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 281 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,968
Posts250,406
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)