Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Former Warensburg, MO wrestler dies in Afghanistan #189341 04/19/11 12:38 AM
L
LancerLou Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I saw this on the Missouri wrestling forum. I wanted to share with the Kansas wrestling community because some of you may have also competed against Joe Cemper.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapc....html?hpt=Sbin

Quote:
[/quote]This one touches home. We always read and hear these things on a daily basis and really don't take note. Today I have to take note. My heart is heavy, my eyes are wet and I am in total shock. One of the soliders killed in this attack has been a part of my families life 8 yrs or so. Joseph Cemper was a classmate of my oldest son Daniel. He was more than a classmate as he was also a memeber of the 'Burg wrestling team--which is where I developed my friendship with him. He recently had given life to a new son. I ask for all to say a special prayer for the whole Cemper family. Ask that GOD will protect their hearts and use this situation for HIS glory. Many Blessings my freinds.

Joseph Cemper class of '08 Warrensburg Mo.[quote]

I didn’t know Joe Cemper, but he made quite an impression. Matt and Joe Cemper wrestled in the 189 lb. finals at the Paola Tournament in January 2007. After 4 years, I remember that curly hair and big smile. His father was also in the military and was there in uniform to cheer for his son.

Praying for peace and strength for the family and friends of Joe Cemper.

Lou Ann Baker

Re: Former Warensburg, MO wrestler dies in Afghanistan [Re: LancerLou] #189356 04/19/11 02:53 PM
M
Mitchell Offline
M
I actually met Joe on a couple of occasions. His grandparents are good friends of my in-laws. Joe was a great kid. We always talked about Missouri wrestling and the latest funk from Ben Askren. He was proud to be able to serve his country. He was the type of kid any wrestling coach would want in his room. He has a younger brother who is also serving active duty in the Army right now. His grandparents would appreciate any prayers for the family.

Will Mitchell
RVHS Wrestling
Re: Former Warensburg, MO wrestler dies in Afghanistan [Re: Mitchell] #189366 04/19/11 07:08 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
That is rough news Lou Ann. I remember him also. Thank God for great American's like Joe Cemper. Let that young man be an example to all of us!

Praying for peace and strength for his family...

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Former Warensburg, MO wrestler dies in Afghanistan [Re: Chief Renegade] #189370 04/19/11 09:45 PM
ReDPloyd Offline
Afghanistan is a bad place to be. This young man did something that many of our young sons and daughters will never do. I admire him and I appreciate the fact that he went in harms way to try to better our lives back here. Whether or not you agree or disagree with our involvement in Afghanistan; the soldiers, marines, sailors and airmen do what they are trained and asked to do. For that, we have to give them our support. I know that this young man's family is proud of him; I know that I am. Godspeed to his younger brother and many prayers to the family.

Last edited by ReDPloyd; 04/19/11 09:46 PM.

Lee Girard

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 253 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,964
Posts250,402
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)