Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wichita Schools raising usage fees? #191587 08/03/11 01:05 PM
M
master blaster Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I have heard from a few different people that public schools in wichita are dramaticly raising fees for the use of thier facilities(wrestling rooms as well I assume)? Has anyone else heard the same and if its true how bad could it hurt some of the local clubs who practice there?

Who run Bartertown!
Re: Wichita Schools raising usage fees? [Re: master blaster] #191592 08/03/11 08:42 PM
L
lakemats Offline
L
In Silver Lake, the fees for our club to use the wrestling room are as follows:
The year is divided into four three month sessions. Starting Sept,Oct, Nov. Then Dec, Jan, Feb. Followed by Mar, Apr, May. And then the remaining 3 months. Each session only includes 2 days a week. There is an additional fee if you use the room a 3rd, 4th, or 5th day like wrestling clubs do. Each session is $200.00. The use of the 2 gyms and school facilities for our tournament also costs the club $200.00. It's taxing for the club but you don't really have a choice. I'm surprised schools haven't been charging rent to wrestling clubs since the begining.

Tim Horgan
Re: Wichita Schools raising usage fees? [Re: lakemats] #191603 08/04/11 08:39 PM
M
Mark J Stanley Offline
M
I hate to see this for many reasons. A lot of athletic directors and school boards have already done the cost benefit analysis and will agree with my oncoming rant. I ask those in charge that might disagree to open your minds. I know that outside groups can be taxing on district resources, but strong clubs lead to happy boosters…I contend that it could also lead to more willing tax payers when bonds are up for a vote.

What we bring to the table….we are a volunteer labor force that help set up for events, we help keep score, we run concession stands and most importantly our clubs offer the youth of the district a “positive” activity to occupy their time while preparing for high school competition one practice at a time. If we all do our part and perform our coaching duties well,the high school programs will be more successful. More successful high school programs lead to more “buts in the seats” on Friday night or Saturday afternoon. Increased attendance will bring in much needed revenue.

Don’t undervalue your clubs and organizations or the time you put into them. If it becomes necessary let somebody know how you feel...we are alot of sombodys when our clubs speak in one voice. There is no need to get personal about what is a very personal issue. When talking shop with a bean counter…count beans.

For what it's worth my school board and district administration know the value of our organization (and I have never had to count beans with them) we still have the same great deal we started with nearly 20 years ago! It doesn't hurt to say thank-you once in a while too, to let them know you appreciate what they do too. Thank you USD345!

Last edited by Mark J Stanley; 08/04/11 08:43 PM.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 156 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)