Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! #197776 01/30/12 01:42 PM
T
thecrusher773 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Could we please get results for the Bonner Springs and Balwin novice tournaments up?

Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: thecrusher773] #198053 02/01/12 01:54 PM
T
thecrusher773 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Anyone? I guess we just won't go to these tournaments next year if they can't respond to an email or post results.

Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: thecrusher773] #198056 02/01/12 02:03 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Novice results are important because?

Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: thecrusher773] #198058 02/01/12 02:16 PM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: thecrusher773
Anyone? I guess we just won't go to these tournaments next year if they can't respond to an email or post results.
Why would you go a second time? Its Novice, you should probably be OPEN next year if you are NOVICE this. By the way you are begging for results, Im going to assume your kid won. Good Job, you can post his name if you like.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: Beeson] #198071 02/01/12 03:55 PM
T
thecrusher773 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Uh no actually he didn't this is our first year these were our first 2 tournaments. 0-6 but would like to see how the brackets ended up and be able to have a record of how things went his first year. We'll go a 2nd time because we just turned 5 and because we didn't have a lot of aggression this year, just learning. Thanks for being a dick about it though Beeson. Its just something simple I have asked for and not gotten a response on. Not everybody's kids are open wrestlers or are even heavy enough to be close to the lowest weight class.

Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: thecrusher773] #198082 02/01/12 05:03 PM
Beeson Offline
Thanks for being a dick about it though Beeson.

Your welcome, at times its what I do. wink

Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: Beeson] #198101 02/01/12 07:36 PM
hotrodder54 Offline
"There are no such thinks as small results.... Only small people"

Jon Trowbridge
Ive never had the fear of getting beat thats how most people lose.
Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: Beeson] #198102 02/01/12 07:38 PM
T
thecrusher773 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted By: Beeson
Thanks for being a dick about it though Beeson.

Your welcome, at times its what I do. wink

Yeah thats pretty obvious!

Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: thecrusher773] #198161 02/02/12 06:24 AM
Beeson Offline
wink

Last edited by Beeson; 02/02/12 01:17 PM.

Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: hotrodder54] #198415 02/05/12 07:46 AM
C
Countrygirl Offline
C
Originally Posted By: hotrodder54

Exactly. How do you expect kids to want to. Continue wrestling if each of their macthes are not important. They asked a simple question and should not me criticised for it. And their son will still qualify for novice next year. Beeson you know that. You only get to make the rules at your tournament. Which were messed up to begin with. Most of us do not wrestle our kids without cards in OK so we can bring them into novice here in KS with a few years under their belt already. My club will be supporting a different tournament next year due to the way your was ran. I personally am sick of Mr. My opinion counts on everything. Opinions are like butthole. Everyone has them but yours stink.

Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: Countrygirl] #198416 02/05/12 08:05 AM
nix Offline
is it me? or is it the fact that it is 3 am, and that i have read the above statement 20 times and still don't understand it. guess i will try reading it again in the morning.

"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent"

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: Countrygirl] #198423 02/05/12 01:16 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Countrygirl
Most of us do not wrestle our kids without cards in OK so we can bring them into novice here in KS with a few years under their belt already.

Sorry to put my opinions on here (some people seem to feel that i may not have a right to mine- or Beeson to his), but even if this statement were true.......... that's the most ridiculous statement that i have ever seen on these forums. who in their right mind would go through two years of training to become a NOVICE WRESTLER!!! for what??? the NOVICE CHAMPIONSHIP BELT???

in my opinion.... again maybe i don't have the right......this novice thing is ruining KS wrestling. novice wrestling isn't about being inexperienced anymore, it's about immediate results, it's about WINNING.

i can get on board with finding a novice tournament to help a kid gain confidence once or twice in their first couple of years. i can't get on board with wrestling the "novice circuit".

i think if we want KS wrestling to "catch up" to other states in the nation as far as competition goes, then USAWKS needs to step in and control the whole novice division. track the entrants, and their records. control their match and tournament counts.

but in another "not so popular" opinion, i think that if you are 6 and under, but qualify for 8 and under state.......you should forfeit your 6 and under status, and become inelligable for 6 and under state. again it's all about how many trophies, and medal you can collect as a 6 year old.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: Countrygirl] #198431 02/05/12 01:58 PM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: Countrygirl
Originally Posted By: hotrodder54

Exactly. How do you expect kids to want to. Continue wrestling if each of their macthes are not important. They asked a simple question and should not me criticised for it. And their son will still qualify for novice next year. Beeson you know that. You only get to make the rules at your tournament. Which were messed up to begin with. Most of us do not wrestle our kids without cards in OK so we can bring them into novice here in KS with a few years under their belt already. My club will be supporting a different tournament next year due to the way your was ran. I personally am sick of Mr. My opinion counts on everything. Opinions are like butthole. Everyone has them but yours stink.

Since this was posted at 2:46 AM, I think someone had too much Cowboy Kool-Aid tonight. I hope you enjoyed your night out. whistle

Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: HEADUP] #198432 02/05/12 02:01 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: HEADUP

i think if we want KS wrestling to "catch up" to other states in the nation as far as competition goes, then USAWKS needs to step in and control the whole novice division. track the entrants, and their records. control their match and tournament counts.

You're going to have to provide some proof that Kansas needs to "catch up" before I will become concerned about it. How much would you be willing to raise card prices in order to pay someone to track all this information you want kept? Does it always have to be about "competition" and grinding kids in order to make the sport better? At what point can it just be about a kid having fun? Is there not room for both schools of thought?

Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: sportsfan02] #198436 02/05/12 02:21 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: sportsfan02
Originally Posted By: HEADUP

You're going to have to provide some proof that Kansas needs to "catch up" before I will become concerned about it. How much would you be willing to raise card prices in order to pay someone to track all this information you want kept? Does it always have to be about "competition" and grinding kids in order to make the sport better? At what point can it just be about a kid having fun? Is there not room for both schools of thought?

This is where it's tough on a forum to get you're point across correctly. i do believe it's about fun, and don't feel it's all about the grind. and really could care less how we stack up again the world. but we both know that people in this state that are concerned about this, and are always looking for answers.

is t-ball not fun? there is no novice t-ball that i've ever heard of, the seperation is based on age.

is baseball fun? there is no novice baseball, it's seperation is age.

flag football is fun! again no novice division, seperation by age.

wrestling seperates by age and weight already (only 3 pounds in KS). i don't really see the need to make the "fairest" sport in the world, more fair by adding an easy button.

i find it hard to understand someone who can't seperate winning and fun. my son hasn't won a match all year. he hates losing as much as the next kid, but loves to practice "because my friends are there, and it's fun", he loves going to tournaments (all open by the way), he wouldn't miss one because, you guessed it, "it's fun".

my point is there is surely room for both, hard work/ grinding and fun. i just don't see why some folks think winning is the only way to have fun, and why they feel they must always level the playing field so they can "have fun" by winning.

Last edited by HEADUP; 02/05/12 02:25 PM.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: Beeson] #198466 02/05/12 06:06 PM
C
Countrygirl Offline
C
For your information Beeson, I'm a 3rd shifter. No i wasn't drinking. But in true Beeson fashion, you think that your opinion is the only one that matters and think that the rules should be set based on you. That is why you didn't sanction your tournament and brought your buddies from OK up. You always have something to say and very rarely are you nice at all. I don't care who you think you are but you need to show some respect and stop treating everyone like they are beneath you.

Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: Countrygirl] #198472 02/05/12 06:35 PM
Beeson Offline
We brought OK into the mix, to give everyone a different look at some different competition. There have been several clubs that have ran unsanctioned, but you already knew that right? 3rd Shift gets off at either 6 am or 7 am. I'm still going with my first scenario since you posted 45 minutes after the bar closes. wink

Re: Baldwin and Bonner Springs could we get results?! [Re: Beeson] #198489 02/05/12 10:19 PM
C
Countrygirl Offline
C
Well think what you want I guess cause we all now if you say it, it must be true.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 158 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,385
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)