Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Android App help #198103 02/01/12 07:39 PM
S
Steve O Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Is there anyone using an Android App for stats? If so, which one? I have seen where I have two buy two in order for them to work together...Match Stats? by Software make Swami? Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

some have had bad reviews...

Re: Android App help [Re: Steve O] #198106 02/01/12 07:58 PM
firehawk88 Offline
I have the Match Stats and Quick Stats on my android phone. I use Quick Stats to keep track of my sons matches. It works okay. If your wrestler wrestles the same weight class more than one season, I haven't figured out how to seperate the seasons. Also, I haven't figured out how to do anything with the Match Stats. So, if your goal is to be able to look back at an event or a season and view those match statistics.....it's sketchy. All I can tell you is wins and losses and pin, techs, majors, and decisions. Other than that I'm not getting much out of it. And that's just using the Quick Stats program.

Larry Woltje
Re: Android App help [Re: firehawk88] #198137 02/02/12 02:22 AM
Kale Mann Offline
We used Swabi for the 1st half of the season at Mill Valley HS- it was HORRIBLE. The interface is ridiculous, as far as I could tell it was impossible to print any kind of report, it was difficult to navigate. I contacted their customer support twice and never recieved a response

We are now using Track wrestling's stats program. $50 for the season. It is great. There are a few limitations- but overall a great team stats program. I am hoping to get a couple of extra devices (any old, touch screen, cell phone or ipod touch with wifi internet access will work) and do Middle School stats and JV stats in the future.

They are extremely helpful- I had a hardware issue, recieved several e-mail responses and was even able to talk to a live person, it ended up being a problem with the iPad settings, but they were extremely helpful. I would recommend their program in a second.

Head Coach- Blue Valley High School
Re: Android App help [Re: Kale Mann] #198144 02/02/12 02:54 AM
B
Brent Lane Offline
B
I agree with Trackwrestling, we made the switch a couple of weeks ago and I really have enjoyed using it, saves me a ton of time. Last weekend our tournament used trackwrestling and matside scoring and I did not have to enter a single stat, just imported the whole tournament for my wrestlers. My managers use a laptop or a kindle fire that I purchased and keep the stats on that instead of a paper scorebook. Takes a little learning, not too much, but has been a useful tool.

"If it is to be, it is up to me!"
Re: Android App help [Re: Brent Lane] #198302 02/03/12 07:00 PM
Kale Mann Offline
Coach,

How do you like the fire? I used one 1 weekend as a trial run and it went ok, but when I was setting it up for the offline use, I turned it off to save the battery and lost all of the info that had been saved. Fortunately there were no matches and I caught it in time to redownload it, but it is a bit worriesome to me if that were to happen after a tournament.

Thanks!

Head Coach- Blue Valley High School

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 213 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,956
Posts250,393
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)