Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Derby Team scoring and brackets [Re: Just Wondering] #223214 01/14/14 04:17 PM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: Just Wondering
T Hensley placed 4th. How many MORE would have 1st got them?

If Dickman from MV wrestles SJA doesnt see finals at 138.

IF??

We can play this game all day.

State rankings are based on competition from the 32 5A schools only. The dynamics of mixing in other teams create an apples to oranges comparison. Posting the top 6 in 5A, looking at the other SQ's for each team will lead to a fairly accurate estimate of how the teams will stack up on March 1. "IF" can be stated in EVERY conversation from now until then but good data leads to solid predictions. You cannot get good data when you dirty it up by not having some schools there and by having some that are not a part of the argument.

Other ifs:

What if Blake Stovall would have been there?
What about Stuart Shafer?

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Derby Team scoring and brackets [Re: Cokeley] #223217 01/14/14 04:23 PM
J
Just Wondering Offline
J
BTW, I am not JW if you are a MV supporter or not.

I use to be but their performance over the last few tournaments has turned my off. I think I am going to start supporting Goddard.

Unless of course Beeson will let me on the Ark City bandwagon.

Might consider SJA except I don't think Chief and I can fit in the same wagon.....we are both big boned.

Bob Burnett
Re: Derby Team scoring and brackets [Re: Just Wondering] #223219 01/14/14 04:43 PM
Beeson Offline

I use to be but their performance over the last few tournaments has turned my off. I think I am going to start supporting Goddard.

Might consider SJA except I don't think Chief and I can fit in the same wagon.....we are both big boned.

If your willing to jump on we would love to have you.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Derby Team scoring and brackets [Re: Beeson] #223221 01/14/14 05:20 PM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: Beeson

But Chad... You said that MV was now the front runner in the chase for Jake Beeson! wink

Last edited by Cokeley; 01/14/14 05:20 PM.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Derby Team scoring and brackets [Re: Chief Renegade] #223223 01/14/14 05:29 PM
B
bradbee Offline
B
Rankings don't really matter. You can what if any team to the top. In the same tournament Goddard won easily. If that's not enough that's fine. I have noticed that there are certain people on here that are very good at rationalizing their opinions even when they are wrong. The facts speak for themselves. By the way I am not a Goddard fan, just a neutral on looker telling you what I see. I hope I'm wrong come March, but my gut tells me I'm not.

Re: Derby Team scoring and brackets [Re: Cokeley] #223233 01/14/14 06:29 PM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: Cokeley
Originally Posted By: Beeson

But Chad... You said that MV was now the front runner in the chase for Jake Beeson! wink
Coach Keal made one heck of a pitch at the Derby Tournament, and Jake has been wanting to go live with his Uncle Eddie McGlassen for some time now. Hard to say what will happen. I have not received a formal contract from the St. James coaching staff, just talk until it is in writing.

Last edited by Beeson; 01/14/14 06:33 PM.

Re: Derby Team scoring and brackets [Re: Beeson] #223238 01/14/14 06:42 PM
J
Just Wondering Offline
J
Beeson, before MV (or agents for MV) put anything in writing we would like to see Jake wrestle.

Do you have any FILM on him? Or should I ask Will to provide his footage?

Sorry Will...couldn't resist.

Last edited by Just Wondering; 01/14/14 06:43 PM.

Bob Burnett
Re: Derby Team scoring and brackets [Re: Just Wondering] #223239 01/14/14 06:45 PM
Cokeley Offline
Jake isn't in HS yet so we would just have to buy Chad a 12 pack to get permission to get some film.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Derby Team scoring and brackets [Re: Just Wondering] #223240 01/14/14 06:47 PM
Beeson Offline
I turned all film over to the SJA coaching staff. Will, could you have Coach Medina send the film over to MV for review?

Thank You

Re: Derby Team scoring and brackets [Re: bradbee] #223255 01/14/14 07:45 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: bradbee
Rankings don't really matter.

Then why did you start all of these comments about the rankings?

You can what if any team to the top.

Actually, that would not work.

In the same tournament Goddard won easily. If that's not enough that's fine.

Many have tried to explain the difference between a tournament with multi-class teams in it vs. just a Class 5A tournament with all wrestlers present. Most eveyone gets it.

The facts speak for themselves.

Yes they do.

By the way I am not a Goddard fan, just a neutral on looker telling you what I see. I hope I'm wrong come March, but my gut tells me I'm not.

I don't hope your wrong. It would be cool for Coach Means and the Goddard faithful to bring home the title. Whichever team wins the Class 5A title will certainly earn it!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Derby Team scoring and brackets [Re: Chief Renegade] #223257 01/14/14 08:00 PM
B
bradbee Offline
B
Chief, I get that there is a difference between an all class tournament and the 5A state tourney. But all teams still wrestled the same competition, and Goddard looked the best of them all. We will have to see what happens in March, just seems like the "ST." teams get all the love from the rankings. I get it, just fun to make you think, and even more fun to watch you defend them. The funniest part is to think that you hold them so high that there is a huge "Gap" to close. There are 4 teams that all have a very realistic chance of bringing home the hardware. (In my opinion.) I just think that Goddard established themselves as the favorite at this point in the season. Good Luck to all Kansas Wrestlers.

Re: Derby Team scoring and brackets [Re: bradbee] #223263 01/14/14 08:26 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Defending and clarifying are two very different things. Whomever is at the top will always be perceived as getting all the love. The most constructive thing that you or others can do is to provide specific criteria at specific weights between specific wrestlers to back up any claims. To date, I have received nothing from you. Just a broad brush claim.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,954
Posts250,390
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)