Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21561 01/31/04 10:07 PM
Irish_Cheerleader Offline
LoL.....no offense to the big cheerleaders! But as a cheerleader I don't think it's right for a big, like a very large girl to be a cheerleader! Yes it may be something that she loves to do. But if I were her parents I wouldn't want my daughter to have the embarrassment of being a large cheerleader!

CHEERLEADING is a SPORT!
Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21562 01/31/04 10:56 PM
K
kswrestlingfan02 Offline
K
Irish Cheer-
If you are sitting here defending that cheerleaders aren't just there to prance around and look pretty then why is it that most of your posts are asking people to look at pictures of you and then you post and say bigger girls shouldn't cheer. if cheering is really about showing off your school spirit like you say it is, then why does it matter what size you are?

Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21563 02/01/04 12:12 AM
I don't have a BIG problem with bigger girls cheering, cuz it's something I love to do, and I know that others take it as serious and love it just as much as me! But I was saying is that I wouldn't encourage my daughter(if she was big) to go out and cheer! How embarrassing that would be for her, and how many people do you think would make fun of her!!!! I think there are a lot of people who make fun of bigger girls! And I'm not on here telling people to look at my picture, since all the wrestlers on here are commenting on how pretty some of the girls on the squads are, I was just simply saying on looking at what the wrestling cheerleaders at our school look like!....I'm really not to try and imply anything but give my opinion on what I wouldn't encourage someone bigger in size to do! But my love for cheerleading can be the same to anyone, which would encourage them to try-out! That's all I was saying!

CHEERLEADING is a SPORT!
Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21564 02/01/04 12:59 AM
Computerized Shoes Offline
Irish Cheerleader:
send pic to gossettdrummer@hotmail.com please!!!!

Taggin' for Tyler
Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21565 02/01/04 01:13 AM
W
wrestlingchic4u Offline
W
ok for one id like to add...is circle_cheerleader you post on here about cheerleading a lot....so really you have no room to talk about focusing on wrestlers because really i think you like all the attention you are getting....and number 2 nicely said kswrestlingfan02

Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21566 02/01/04 01:45 AM
Computerized Shoes Offline
kswrestlingfan02:

Irish Cheerleader that you basically called fat looks good, I would be proud to be a chapman wrestler having her cheering for me!

Taggin' for Tyler
Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21567 02/01/04 02:34 AM
W
wrestlingfan_05 Offline
W
Irish_Cheerleader I thought you were a basketball cheerleader so why are you concerned about wrestling or wrestling cheerleaders?? Also why were you making fun of bigger cheerleaders? We had a bigger cheerleader at our school and she is awesome. At least she has the guts to get up in front of everyone and cheer unlike some other people..

Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21568 02/01/04 04:06 PM
For one thing I wasn't making fun of bigger cheerleaders! I was just saying that if it was my kid, that I wouldn't want her to have the embarrassment that maybe some other bigger cheerleaders have! I don't have anything against bigger cheerleaders. And another thing is I was just simply asking what you guys thought of our wrestling cheerleaders! I really could care less about looks...but just getting an idea of what you guys are talking about oooo soo hot cheerleaders I was just wondering if you wrestlers have seen our cheerleaders. And for me as being a basketball cheerleader! YES I AM! and I know I'm on a wrestling forum! I do relize this. But when i hear that people are talking about wrestlers at my school, and something was said about MY boyfriend I will say something about it! I really don't think it matters when I got and support the wrestling team!

CHEERLEADING is a SPORT!
Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21569 02/01/04 05:28 PM
Pups4Ever Offline
Now, this is interesting, you are telling me that you'd say to your daughter "Honey, you're too fat to be a cheerleader, maybe you shouldn't do something that you would potentially like."? I was (well, still am...) fat and unathletic, but my parents still encouraged me to go out for sports. I sucked at wrestling, but I kept at it thanks to their support. If they would have discouraged me from wrestling because I wasn't very good, I would have probably quit after 8th grade; I would have never got to experience the pride of wrestling and qualifying for state and experienceing the walk-in (which was AWESOME) and the brotherhood of wrestling.

My parents would never discourage me from trying anything. Heck, they would have supported me if I went out for cross-country! Discouraging a kid from doing something they want to do (especially because of their looks!) is wrong, wrong, wrong!

At Caney, most of the cheerleaders were girls who couldn't make the basketball squad, except for one who never tried out for the basketball squad, she loved wrestling. She may have not been the best-looking cheerleader on the wrestling squad (she was a little hefty, too), but I appreciated that hug on the podium at regionals from her more than I would have appreciated it from any of the others.

"I hate basketball! I'd rather watch paint dry!" -- CVHS Wrestling coach Troy Lentz 2005
Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21570 02/01/04 05:40 PM
usawks1 Offline
Three cheers for Pup!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21571 02/01/04 06:04 PM
I mean yes...if she definately LOVED cheerleading like I do, then i would encourage her! But I would tell her the things that could happen! I don't want my kid to come home crying everyday cuz someone girls made fun of her or someguys made fun of her for doing something she loves! I just don't see how I could let me daughter go and do something that could hurt her! I didn't saythat i wouldn't encourage her cuz I would But all I'm saying is that I wouldn't want her hurt!!!!!!!!

CHEERLEADING is a SPORT!
Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21572 02/02/04 03:22 AM
W
wrestlingchic4u Offline
W
ok if you had a daughter that was in high school and she was crying cause someone made fun of her.....GROW UP! and if you have to stick up for your BF then he needs to let his balls drop also....now....since your a bball cheerleader and all why dont you stick with the basketball forums instead of the wrestling ones, because obviously you dont know what your talking about and your making a fool out of yourself.

Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21573 02/02/04 03:54 AM
Best Circle High Wrestler Offline
Thank you everyone who is putting the cheerleaders in their place. And nice comment on the circle cheerleaders. I wrestle at circle and I really dont have a problem with cheerleaders, but when they think that the sport of wrestling is all about them I think that those are the ones who should not cheer...(you know who you are) But can we really stop talking about the cheerleaders, because this is KWCA and not kansas Cheer coaches association.

Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21574 02/02/04 05:32 AM
W
wrestler sister Offline
W
Nicely put Best Circle High Wrestler. As for Irish Cheerleader. . . Wrong move putting down fat cheerleaders. Maybe some guys like the "chubby" ones. It isnt your right to say. ."Oh I am sorry you are fat. . . you cant be a cheerleader." You have a right to tell your daughter that she cant go out. But what kind of a message does that send your daughter. So you are saying your daughter is going to grow up and have low self esteem because her mother even thinks she is fat and thats why she isnt a cheerleader. We have all grow up to think that cheerleaders have to be fairly thin people and they are all supposed to be gorgeous people. Not anymore. I am proud to see "bigger" girls go out there and be proud of themselves. Anyways. . . I love to see girls that try to deny they dont like people looking at them when they go around and tell people where their pictures are and ask them what they think. Of course all girls like getting compliments from guys . . sayin they are hot or what not. . . but grow up. . .move on. . . get over yourselves. So if you will stop this then "yes you are all hot" Hope you are soo overcome by joy now that you heard it. Peace.

Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21575 02/02/04 06:03 PM
ArMyOFone Offline
First of all I'd like to say that I was a cheerleader for my highschool. I now just stick with All-Star dance/cheerleading. I'd like to commend the cheerleaders for their efforts of boosting wrestlers or at least the fans. I think that if a cheerleading squad is organized and knows some stuff about wrestling, I don't have a problem with them cheering at matches. I do believe though, if cheerleaders are just there to pick up guys or prance around in a skirt, you have no business being there. Also, if you don't know the appropriate time to be cheering, standing up, etc., then you should not be there. I think one of the main problems with cheerleaders being at tournies is sometimes they can get in the way. I think yelling in the stands would be stupid because you'll be up in someone's ear and there's no room, but if you chose to cheer matside, you should look around you to figure out where the best place to sit would be. you don't want to get in the way of parents, paying fans, wrestlers, or coaches but you need to be visible.
that's all folks!
ps: don't hate on big people. Cheerleading is not about how cute they look in the skirt, its how spirited and dedicated they are. I know with stunting, I'm glad i had some bigger people holding me up.

Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21576 02/02/04 06:10 PM
boach_clack Offline
Why are we even talking about cheerleadres, this is a wrestling forum. I think it is fine if they wanna hang by the sides . And besides...who is going to present all the medals?

"Water is wet, rocks are hard, and wrestling is tough."
Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21577 02/02/04 06:26 PM
ybsmall Offline
Irish_cheerleader:
The idiocy of your post is amazying. So if a girls size doesn't meet your standards they should what, hide at home in a closet so not to offend you. I hope there are cheerleaders out there with more between the ears than you apparently have. Every girl has the right to support their school in any activity they choose not matter their size. Maybe you should get some remedial training from you cheerleading coach so he or she can inform you what cheerleading is all about. Here's a hint, it's not about how pretty you think you look.

Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21578 02/02/04 10:37 PM
I truely have nothing against bigger cheerleaders, and I do know what the real meaning of cheerleading is! But if my child wanted to be a cheerleading I truely wouldn't stop her from doing it. But I would tell them that if they were big, that there are chances of being made fun of! I couldn't stand to see my kid just get pushed around, walked on, and talked bad about her cuz she is doing what she wants to do if she doesn't look good in a skirt because she is a big girl I have no doubt in my mind that she would get made fun of! I really don't think it's right for anyone to get made fun of because they are bigger, and you guys are trying to make me look like I have something against them WHEN I DON'T! I just would like to make it clear that I wouldn't stop my child from doing it, but I would just let them know that there could be terrible things said to them that could make their self-esteem level go down! I think it would be better for me to say something to her rather than other classmates telling her by making fun of her! I don't see that to necessary!!!!

CHEERLEADING is a SPORT!
Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21579 02/03/04 02:01 AM
W
wrestlingchic4u Offline
W
why dont you just drop it....ya done make an *** out of yourself and theres no hope for ya now, so just shut up already! i think people are tired of hearing ya!

Re: Cheerleaders --> yes or no #21580 02/03/04 02:46 AM
Circle_Cheerleader Offline
yeah Irish_Cheerleader ur just digging urself into a deeper hole.... why were u even on here in the first place if u know nothing about wrestling and your not a wrestling cheerleader?? You should probably just go away cause your giving ALL cheerleaders a bad name on this site.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 267 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,964
Posts250,402
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)