Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
explanation from 3 east #2117 03/18/04 01:58 AM
F
fatdaddy Offline OP
OP Offline
F
In response to the many questions concerning 3 east results. First and foremost we apologize for any inconvenience that not posting sub-district rusults may have caused. We are trying to resolve the break down in communication.

Our club has just undergone some changes at the top levels of adminstration and coaching. I suppose you could call these growing pains. We have people performing tasks that are new to them and are realizing we may have taken details such as this for granted in the past.

Thank you for your patience, Phil Diestelkamp Geary County Grapplers.

Re: explanation from 3 east #2118 03/18/04 02:04 AM
K
Kyle's Happy Mom Offline
K
Will they be posted soon?

Re: explanation from 3 east #2119 03/18/04 02:11 AM
F
fatdaddy Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Our tournament directors handed all the results over to the Beloit club promptly after completion of our tournament. We would be more than happy to post them if we had them. Ask Beloit?

Re: explanation from 3 east #2120 03/18/04 02:37 AM
C
coffeegrinder Offline
C
I'm confused. Are you having growing pains or did you give the results to Beloit? Or is Beloit having growing pains?

Re: explanation from 3 east #2121 03/18/04 03:03 AM
W
WRESTLINWONDER4 Offline
W
Mr. Diestelkamp - Your explanation is understandable. You guys got done w/ the sub district tournament and then gave the results to Beloit. Noone thought to hang on to the results to post on the website. I can see how that could happen if it was the first time you had hosted the sub-district. Next time you will know. I just wish you guys would have explained all this earlier in the week so people wouldn't have gotten stirred up. But thanks for the explanation.

Re: explanation from 3 east #2122 03/18/04 03:55 AM
7basicskills Offline
Don't you have the brackets from the tables that your table workers used to do their bout sheets? You didn't need to pass them on to Beloit just the sub-district sheets that indicate what place the wrestler placed and if they're going on to district. Then the district host indicates what place the wrestler places at district and indicates that they're going on to State all on the same sheet. I hope they keep they're brackets that the table workers use to do their bout sheets and not pass everything on.

Re: explanation from 3 east #2123 03/18/04 02:03 PM
L
Lance J. Engel Offline
L
I am the District III director. I have been in contact with both the Geary County people and the Beloit people. I have been trying to get something worked out so we could get the results posted since Monday. In both the clubs defense the Geary Co. club is going through changes. Any of us who have taken over a program know how hard that can be even if done at the beginning of the season, let alone in the middle of it with a qualifying tournament in the plans. We stressed at the District meeting at the beginning of the season before the vote was taken to decide the tournament sites that the results needed to be posted. The former club officers and former coaches were at the meeting, but this information was not passed on. The tournament directors of the East Sub-district no longer have children involved in the kids wrestling and have been running the Geary Co. tournaments for 20+ years. I commend them for that. They passed all the brackets and entry sheets on to Beloit for the information. We have qualifying sheets that were to be filled out and passed on. I asked for those to be passed on to me so I could post the results but found out they hadn't been filled out. Beloit is busy preparing for the District tournament along with the 6 and under championships, so I don't feel that we can expect them to post them for us. Talking to the District tournament directors for Beloit last night, I suggested for them to fax all the brackets (98 of them) to me so I can post the results. If I don't receive them soon it will probably be redundant as the District tournament results will be posted promptly. We are fortunate to have the Grater's in our district and Leanna usually posts those when she gets home from the District tournament. If I do receive them I will post them as soon as I can. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused anyone. I look forward to looking at the results to all the qualifying tournaments myself, mainly because I'm curious to see how all the quality wrestlers I have met over the years did. My daughter did not qualify so it's not to see who she will be up against. Again I'm sorry for the confusion and wish the best of luck to everyone at the District tournaments.

See you at State!!
Lance J. Engel
District III Director

Lance J. Engel
Re: explanation from 3 east #2124 03/19/04 11:43 AM
N
Nash's Mom Offline
N
Could anyone tell me who placed in 10 and under 70lb. on the east. Thank You.

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Coach Malay), 234 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,969
Posts250,407
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)