Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
All Seniors...... #30299 02/17/05 11:08 PM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline OP
OP Offline
B
What are you feeling now, knowing that your last practice of your life could have been tonight? What are some of your favorite memories?

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: All Seniors...... #30300 02/17/05 11:15 PM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline OP
OP Offline
B
To me it was a weird feeling knowing that 4 years short years ago, I walked into a wrestling room with 1 real year of wrestling experience, and accomplishing my goal of qualifying for state, becoming a league champion, and facing some of the toughest wrestlers in the state every year and actually competing and not being a fish. I sat in the middle of our wreslting mat and looked around and thought about it, it was kinda depressing and kinda made me think about what I have to do now. My favorite memory is one that during my freshman year, I was mouthing off to some Seniors and they took off my shorts and T-shirt and left me in nothing but my wrestling shoes and boxers and threw me out into the girls' basketball practice....ahh the embarassment and the memories, I will miss it when it ends........I hope it's not this weekend

Alex

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: All Seniors...... #30301 02/17/05 11:49 PM
K
ksbevo Offline
K
Taht happened to me in football. They did let me keep my jock on.

Darrell K. Royal a man of honor.
Re: All Seniors...... #30302 02/18/05 12:07 AM
Computerized Shoes Offline
I remember when I was a freshmen...the seniors tried pickin on me and I kicked one of them in the mouth (being a martial arts enthusiast) and from then on...they left me alone.

Taggin' for Tyler
Re: All Seniors...... #30303 02/18/05 01:17 AM
fris kitzgerald Offline
I know what you mean bronco. i've sat at practice this year and its gone by way way too fast the season all the good times all going by too fast. i've savored every minute of it though and i wouldn't give it up for the world. even if i don't qualify for state i'll always enjoy the jokes and pranks played and the coaches. i'll miss the friends the family that you create and all around everybody. i started wrestling in 7th grade not good like most of the people who started way younger than me. i've had a lot of support from friends fellow wrestlers and family members that kept pushing me. you looked at me 7 years ago you'd be like that kid'll never do anything. i'd like to think i've proved them wrong. i just want the next two weeks to be perfect and everyone get what they deserve. good luck to all the seniors this and next weekend. may it be your best memory yet to come.

The FISH RETURNS
Re: All Seniors...... #30304 02/18/05 01:24 AM
PIRATE WRESTLER Offline
It sucks knowing that it all has to end, whether it is at regionals or state. In November regionals felt like it was a year away and now it's here. It went fast.

Re: All Seniors...... #30305 02/18/05 01:47 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Hey you can let the flame keep burning...place in the top 2 at state and go to Nationals. If you don't do that go to a college and wrestle!

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: All Seniors...... #30306 02/18/05 02:01 AM
W
We_The_Cocks Offline
W
Looking back and knowing that I dicked off for 2 1/2 half years I advise no one of doing such a thing. I regret it now. But I'm looking forward to pratice next week.

Re: All Seniors...... #30307 02/18/05 03:08 AM
Jeremy Roberts Offline
All of us that are HS grad that didnt go on to college know what your talking about. However, instead of just forgetting what all you have been taught from our great sport and use in to help out in your local kids club somehow or else look into officiating.

Re: All Seniors...... #30308 02/18/05 03:56 AM
VikesManager05 Offline
I've been a manager for 3 out of my 4 years in high school.. And honestly, I've gotten so close to my team. It's like a brother/sister relationship. Last season (03-04 season), I remember the day after our last practice... it was the most empty and boring feeling ever. Everyday during the off season I would make some comment about wrestling. "I cant wait till wrestling starts!" "8 more months and counting." At my school (smwest), they perfer we (the managers) come to practice instead of just showing up to duals and tournaments.. so my days were filled with school and then practice. I spent/spend just about as much time in that wrestling room as the wrestlers and coaches. The best memories would have to be at tournaments.. just kickin' back with the team and shootin the sh**, talking about school, wrestling, and life in general. Because we see the same school just about every weekend I've also become close with wrestlers from other schools. I never thought wrestling would grow on me like it did. It's not just because of the GUYS! The sport is amazing. It's full of excitement, liveliness, competition, victory, and heartache. I dont know what its going to be like next winter without my team around and without all the new friends I've made. Good luck at state, wrestlers! See you all soon..
<3 Elise
p.l.m.

The OnE with sHorT haIR..
Re: All Seniors...... #30309 02/18/05 06:48 AM
C
CoachDeYoe Offline
C
advice is to stay involved and help keep the sport on the right track, as was said before, through coaching or officiating. if you have the talent, be ready to put in long hours of hard work beyond what you previously knew of as hard work in college.... but it is all worth it. just work to make yourself better and continue loving the sport. it doesn't have to completely be removed from your lifestyle once you are done with this season, find what it is that you want to do to help out, talk to your coaches, and i'm sure there will be many possibilities where you can be an important part of what is going on.

but good luck to all of you wrestling over the next couple of weeks. i hope to see 4A and up in wichita, and i really hope the 321A is on television back here like it was in the past. i really miss seeing the quality of wrestling that coach Gabel puts on at Sainty, as well as what Billy Johnson provides at Norton. those towns make me proud to be a part of Kansas wrestling.

Re: All Seniors...... #30310 02/18/05 12:56 PM
Noble130 Offline
i cant believe its already come down to this. im gonna miss this sport, my college i am going to attend doesnt carry wrestling!!! but i plan on going the hardest ive ever gone today and tommorow, i wish the rest of you guys the best of luck, lets all give it our best in everything we do, sincerely tig

*sigh* tech college is such a drag
Re: All Seniors...... #30311 02/18/05 02:39 PM
MikeStruble152# Offline
Try wrestling since you were 4 years old and then tell me what you would think about it... i started when i was 3, just about 4 years old. I have placed 6th once, 5th twice, 4th twice, 3rd once, 2nd twice, and 1st once (should be twice but i was screwed over by the ref when i wrestled Danny Grater) in little kids wrestling that is... and in high school i placed 6th my freshman year and my sophomore year i didnt make it, my junior year i made it to state but i was knocked out, literally, and was sent to the hospital. And for my last year, im hoping i will get in the top 4 but i guess we'll see...

*Mike Struble* 152#
Re: All Seniors...... #30312 02/18/05 02:49 PM
S
Scooby Offline
S
Mike- you have to believe that you can win state this year- sure there are tough guys out there but if they slip up one time it is your opportunity to win the match. Look to win every match and take it from there- you can do it

Re: All Seniors...... #30313 02/18/05 03:49 PM
Ryan Jilka Offline
I would also like to say good luck to all of you seniors that have put in the time and hard work that it takes to succeed.

Don't just "move on" after your season ends. Share this sport with others by coaching, officiating, or just being a positive advocate for a sport that we love. Try to promote what is great and only share the "horror" stories about cutting weight, tough practices, and putting up with coaches like me with those that have been there before or with you.

Good luck!
Coach Jilka

"The days I can keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are good days" ~ Judy Hubbard
Re: All Seniors...... #30314 02/18/05 03:58 PM
Noble130 Offline
im hoping to start something at beloit vo-tech, at least in the college

*sigh* tech college is such a drag
Re: All Seniors...... #30315 02/18/05 06:49 PM
LancerM Offline
Wrestling's sweet.

Just make sure that you give it your all and have no regrets after this season. Looking back and thinking about what could have been is one of the worst feelings in the world. Just believe in yourselves.

Re: All Seniors...... #30316 02/24/05 05:12 PM
hobbes21 Offline
I'm going to miss the senior wrestlers, like I have every year since I was a freshman. It's going to be even more sad when I'm a senior and have to leave the sport...and I'm not even a wrestler myself. I'm definitely going to still support the sport no matter where I am, and I may even pick a college depending on it's proximity to a wrestling team! Good luck to all those talented seniors in your years after high school.

Re: All Seniors...... #30317 02/24/05 09:40 PM
P
power_house152 Offline
P
Coming from a wrestler who graduated last year and did not wrestle in college, you will miss it more than anything. I still look back and wish I could have changed some things. I messed around way too much during practice and wish I would have trained harder. You will not truely know how much you miss it until you realize that it is truely over. Which may come in a few months. Also what sucks is when wrestling starts up again next year, and you look back and wish you had one more year, one more year to prove yourself and go out on top. I still miss it

Re: All Seniors...... #30318 02/24/05 10:18 PM
S
Strengthman Offline
S
From a parent of a wrestler - it still kicks my butt. I miss seeing my sons wrestle. Good luck to all you Senior wrestlers and parents enjoy every moment this weekend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 310 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,964
Posts250,402
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)