Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Disqualifications #31403 02/27/04 02:03 AM
BuffTiger04 Offline
Ok people. I have sat and read all this stuff long enough. After all...this whole topic was started about me. Allow me to introduce my self...I am Daniel Smith. Senior at Derby High School, weight:145 pounds.

Where to begin...where to begin. Well...to start off with....I DID NOT slam Wilcox at all, last Saturday night at regionals. If you watch the tape, you can see that he landed on his BUTT then his BACK, coming NO where near his HEAD like he and his coaches claim. As far as "never intervening" from the Junction City coaches, it was SEEN by an entire gym, AND ON TAPE!!!! To tell your kid to lay down just so he can win a match, cuz that's the only way you can get him to state is not only bogus and chicken s**t, but also a lack of integrity on your guy's part. When an ENTIRE gym sees what happens, then deny it EVERYWHERE you turn is also very LAME! You know for a FACT that that was the only way you were gonna get your kid to state...also to screw a SENIOR wrestler out of a chance to place in the top 4 at state, and waste 11 years of hard work, blood, sweat and tears. and speaking of tears....how's that grade 1 "concussion" doing that you guys so claim to have had? Now you tell me, any body-ANY body, how can you get a concussion from hitting your BUTT and BACK on the mat? Did he have his head up his butt that afternoon or what? I have been told by my coaches, and I may be wrong on this, I will admit it..but they told me that if someone is diagnosed w/ a grade 1 concussion, or any kind of concussion at all, that that particular wrestler must wait at least a 7 day period b4 returning to competition....which would mean that Wilcox would have to sit state out this year. DARN!!! What a shame...to go through all that hard work to screw a senior with a much higher calibur of wrestling skill and SPORTSMANSHIP, just to qualify some one for state, then not get to wrestle.

who am i - yes he was cranking my arm pretty good, and yes it should have been called a lot earlier, and yes I was pretty ticked off. But I am NOT one to slam some one because of it. I am NOT one to CHEAT to WIN! I have integrity, and honor and class, and SPORTSMANSHIP...those are all something that wrestling has taught me. I EVEN CLAPPED when he got up...figuring that he was going to FINISH THE MATCH, and NOT give up.

Dingbat- How did I cheat? Was it because I brought him down to the mat with a little bit of force like MOST PEOPLE DO!? Besides, the Derby crowd was not the only ones booing, after I had got DQ'D. The ENTIRE GYM that saw it happen was booing. I think you need to clean your ears out b4 you go to another tourny so you can actually HEAR what's goin on.

Now I WILL APPOLOGIZE for "slaming" Wilcox, but I did see a lot more "slaming" going on the rest of the day, but nothing was called for any of it. It's pretty bad when I have other coaches come up to me after it all happened, APPOLOGIZING to ME that I GOT SCREWED OVER!!!! And that Wilcox was NOT hurt, and should have got up and finished the match, LIKE HE STARTED TO, BEFORE his coaches MADE him LAY BACK DOWN!! C'mon, with 1:13 left to go in the 3rd, and you can't finish a match because you got a consussion from landing on your BUTT! You should never have even got on the mat.

Now Fris and I have been talking back and forth for the past week. He's a good kid, and I have a good respect for him, after all...he did beat me a Newton FAIR AND SQUARE! Yeah, I wanted a re-match in the consilation finals at regionals...can't really say what the out come would have been, but it would have been one heck of a fun, good match! I congratulate you on making it to state. Fris...good luck to you at sate this weekend, I'll be rootin for ya.

Mejia...you ur self are a great wrestler as well. You and I have a little bit of a history together,starting last year at Douglass. Don't know if you remember it or not, but you DID beat me by 1 or 2, I THINK, I may be wrong. But I did get my revenge a year later at the exact same tourny beating you in the finals. I loved that match, it was a good, hard match..very top quality finals performance, on BOTH of us. I then got you again at Newton..beating you by 3 I think. But I think you kinda got the last laugh of that match when I busted my lip open on your head on that final take down. I tasted blood for the next 3 days. But even in that match, I had a blast doing it. Then at regionals, you got ur revenge, beating me by 1 to go on to the finals to wrestle Sequoya. Even though you got ur butt kicked, I congratulate you on making it to state as well. Good luck and I will be rootin for you as well.

Now if you two wind up wrestling each other...then make the more victorius one come out on top.

Now I know that what I said here tonight may offend some of you (Junction City), it may have made some of you laugh a little, maybe even smile. But I think my over all message is this: "Keep everything with you that you have ever learned in wrestling. Keep it and treasure it, and use it later on in life. Never lose sight on what's at hand and in the future. Keep the INTEGRITY, SPORTMANSHIP,HONOR and everything else..but ABOVE all, keep with you your entire life: SELF RESPECT! NEVER lose it, with out it, you are nothing, and never will be.
That has been something that I have had to learn over the past week. I WAS and SITLL AM the better man from that match. I didn't CHEAT to win. I walked away with my head up, and restrained from doing anything that I later would regret. To Junction City, even though you guys may not have much integrity, or honor..GOOD LUCK this weekend, and good luck to all that will be there this weekend. I will be there cheerin on my team, and those that I have become friends with over the past 11 years.

Daniel Smith
Derby High School
145 Pounds

Semper Fi, Daniel Smith, USMC
Re: Disqualifications #31404 02/27/04 02:17 AM
Dingbat Offline
At least you're not bitter.

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Re: Disqualifications #31405 02/27/04 02:18 AM
D
DONT KNOW Offline
D
i smell a complainer from the derby team...oh no who could that be...??? can someone say DANIEL SMITH awww come on cry about it its over..Junction city Coach watched the tape over and over and over again...stop it when his head hit the mat FIRST and ya junction city people are mad...thats why Jamel N Kris were in the conslation finals and where were you...thats right in the stand with your parents..aww thats sweet...dont ever come at us like that again..when u lose u have every dang excuess in the book saying that it wasnt a lost...Kris tried to defend you cause he felt sorry for you...but watch what u say about Junction cause we will have a crowd full tomorrow...lol

DONT WORRY ABOUT IT...
Re: Disqualifications #31406 02/27/04 02:32 AM
BuffTiger04 Offline
Yeah we can say it was me. It says it was me right there in black and white. I'm glad that you can read. I don't know what your coach has been smokin, cuz every one else that I talked to said that his head never even hit.....Let's say that he did hit his head. If you have a concussion, that u guys claims he has...there's no way your gonna be able to walk around and jump on an awards stand. and whip your head every which way. I would know, I have had a minor one my self. And besides...I never came at u and ur team....ur the ones that are over there making a mockery not only of me, but ur own team as well. You guys better be glad that I WAS sitting w/ my parents....or I would have come at ur team. And a lose is a lose, yes...but when you cheat to win...the other guy doesn't lose...the one who cheats, does.

Re: Disqualifications #31407 02/27/04 02:43 AM
D
DONT KNOW Offline
D
Mr. Smith Mr. Smith i really dont think that u know what u are talking about cause they cant see the slam from the other side of the gym can they...just like if u were to lock ur hands and the ref would have called it and ur fans didnt see it of course they are going to boo..but wait dont get me wrong..thats not the subject..and u said that u would have ran up on us...ya right...wouldnt have stood at chance...i aint here to talk s**t on u but i just wanted to say better luck next year...wait thats right there is no next year for seniors isnt that just the funniest thing ever...and dont try nothing funny funny guy....lol....**** if u just dropped it that u lost...and we won ur day would be alot better cause we know that we won and u lost...even we did cheat...doesnt that make it a lost on ur record...what did u say YES thats what i thought so SHUT UP...

DONT WORRY ABOUT IT...
Re: Disqualifications #31408 02/27/04 02:55 AM
N
n4cer_jr Offline
N
You talk aobut sportsmanship and intergrity well for one i dont think u have any, and do u even know what intergrity because u dont, intergrity is what u do when no one is watching and u said it yourself that everyone in the gym saw what happened so how can u say that Wilcox has no intergrity. Then to talk about our coaches like that who do u think u are u dont know anything about our coaches so u have no right to say that they made him quite, infact our coaches were going to let him wrestle until the paid medical staff told him he should NOT wrestle. so shut up and forget about it u lost it is over and move on.

Re: Disqualifications #31409 02/27/04 03:07 AM
BuffTiger04 Offline
Your right. There isn't a next year for seniors. And you just said it your self, that u did cheat. I won't take that away from you. And don't worry, this funny guy won't try nuthin funny, just as long as neither do you guys. But I do want you to know 1 thing. While most of ur team will be dieting, and wasting away..starving them selfs, wondering if they're going to make weight the next morning, I on the other hand, will be working my butt off as well, but in a slightly different manner. I will either be in basic, or will have just gotten out, to become a MARINE. I am becoming one, for many reasons: I love my country and want to help protect it. And by protecting it...I guess that means that I'll be fighting for YOUR rights, as well as mine....to be able to cheat and win and get away with it. All I can say...is that as far as I am concerned...this matter is over. No more trash talk. No more nuthin. This side of the peace treaty is ready to just drop it. Yeah what I said offended you, but that happens, it went both ways. This side is ready to let by-gones be by-gones, it's in the past, it's done, it's over with.

The pen is in your hands....will you sign?

Re: Disqualifications #31410 02/27/04 03:12 AM
N
n4cer_jr Offline
N
No i wont if u still think that we as a team and wilcox as a wrestle and me as a wrestler and our coaches are cheaters i wont sign it cause if u still believe that then u havent sign the treaty and to say that u will fight my wars that is crap cause my dad has fought ur wars for the past 16 yrs no not in the military but as a Police Officer so now the ball is in ur court
by the way i commend u in ur descion in becoming a Marine good luck to u in the future

Re: Disqualifications #31411 02/27/04 03:24 AM
BuffTiger04 Offline
I give my respect to ur dad, I really do. I myself have thought about becoming a police officer. But I think I'm going to go w/ being a fire fighter instead. I will think what I want, and so can you, that's what's so great about America, we have that freedom. BUT, like I said though, I am willing to put this all in the past and let it go. In the very near future, I am sure that I, myself, will look back on this and either laugh...or just say s**t happens, or both. That is why I am TRYING to make amends w/ those of Junction City. I just wanted to be able to say my peace, and my side of the story. And now that I have done that, my whole attitude about the whole thing has changed, believe it or not, but it really has. I don't want to sound like some p***y here, but I just want to be able to go and watch tomorrow and be able to enjoy my self, and not have to worry about any possible fights. I'll have much more fights to worry about once I get into the military.

Re: Disqualifications #31412 02/27/04 03:41 AM
Dingbat Offline
Wow, that was honestly a great change of heart. Bufftiger, thanks for showing some class. n4cer_jr and don't know; You guys are the kind of people that give the generally great populus of JC a bad name. As you grow older, you will realize that while wrestling is JUST A HIGH SCHOOL SPORT, it is not everything. Also, you will realize that you don't have to enlist a rabble of thugs to protect your dignity. Christ, man, it's just a high school wrestling match.

Congrats, Aquinas!
Great job, Hat Town!
Salyer Rules!
Re: Disqualifications #31413 02/27/04 03:43 AM
N
n4cer_jr Offline
N
well then sounds good to me and i can assure u, u wont have any fights with me and i till try to keep track of Dont Know so he doesnt do andthing to digrace our school or our town
thanks

Re: Disqualifications #31414 02/27/04 03:52 AM
Prant Garker Offline
Wait a minute, here....a Derby guy is making excuses (a la Joey Weilert) and a Junction City guy is threatening violence? Is this opposite day??? (Note: sarcasm.)

Keep in mind, I didn't see the slam and I wasn't even in the state, but here is my .02. On one hand, the Derby kid needs to accept the fact that he slammed a wrestler. If medical attention is needed, obviously something was wrong with his delivering of Wilcox to the mat. Maybe it was illegal, maybe it wasn't, but something was obviously wrong.

Second of all, to make fun of a senior for being done with wrestling is cruel and classless. That is a low blow, and is part of what gives the JC wrestling team a bad name. (For the most part they are good guys, but as with any team there are bad apples.)

So here is my solution: The Derby kid and n4cer (or whatever his name is) will be placed in a room with no escape. Then Fred Wilcox is to be lowered in from the ceiling after a two-week fast. The one to avoid being consumed by Big Fred the longest wins the argument, then has to pick Fred's 'fro. Problem solved.

Re: Disqualifications #31415 02/27/04 03:55 AM
Computerized Shoes Offline
The Wilcox's have bad sportsmanship, little Jamel threw a fit after his loss in the District first round for Kids wrestling....yes it was kids state when I beat him, but the sportsmanship was still lacking....."Just take it like a man, man"

Taggin' for Tyler
Re: Disqualifications #31416 02/27/04 04:14 AM
O
oldwrestlingmom Offline
O
Daniel,
I am a veteran wrestling mom and I feel for you in missing the highlight of your senior year in wrestling! Keep a good attitude, root for your team and believe in yourself. My son was also a "go after it" kind of wrestler and I would not have had it any other way. I do know after his last wrestling match at state he felt kind of lost...so I know you are missing out even getting to feel that. Take up the Kids coaching job. It will help you and the kids! Good luck in your future protecting our country. God Bless.

Re: Disqualifications #31417 02/27/04 05:46 AM
BuffTiger04 Offline
n4cer_jr - thank u. i can asure u my self that i won't do anything to disgrace my team or town either. and ur welcome.

oldwrestlingmom-thank u as well. I've already spoken to our kids' club coaches, and they're more than happy to have me back in the room helpin out, starting on Monday.

Prant Garker- no offence or anything man...but u've got one twisted mind....I LIKE IT! LOL

Re: Disqualifications #31418 02/27/04 10:16 AM
D
DONT KNOW Offline
D
sounds to me like some loves to talk stuff

DONT WORRY ABOUT IT...
Re: Disqualifications #31419 02/27/04 10:38 AM
N
n4cer_jr Offline
N
How about everyone just drops everything
everyone just keeps talkin stuff about things that they shouldnt be so everyone just drop it ok

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (wkb), 208 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,951
Posts250,387
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)